What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon
Posts: 7063
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:45 pm

I wouldn't take anything Clarkson says seriously, I feel he's got to the point where now he just perpetuates the stereotype of himself for fun, rather than being serious.

Having read a couple of "The World According to Clarkson" books, when he's not being sensationalist on TV he's actually a very intelligent witty bloke with some pretty good ideas.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.



Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

User avatar
tranmerefan
Denim Demon
Posts: 7125
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Wallasey

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby tranmerefan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:04 pm

This news story;

Afghan President Hamid Karzai has pardoned a rape victim who was jailed for adultery after she apparently agreed to marry her attacker.

The woman, named as Gulnaz, gave birth in jail to a daughter who has been serving her sentence with her.

Human rights groups say hundreds of women in Afghan jails are victims of rape or domestic violence.

Gulnaz's lawyer told the BBC she hoped that the government would allow Gulnaz freedom of choice.

"In my conversations with Gulnaz she told me that if she had the free choice she would not marry the man who raped her," said Kimberley Motley.

Earlier this month, Gulnaz told the BBC that after she was raped she was charged with adultery.

"At first my sentence was two years," she said. "When I appealed it became 12 years. I didn't do anything. Why should I be sentenced for so long?"
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

User avatar
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: York, baby

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:15 pm

VirginInvader wrote:Jezza's a legend. And he sort of has a point too. Striking in a recession? Fuck the cunts. Get them out the way and I'll do their job instead. The pricks don't know how lucky they are. Your pension's at risk? Go fuck yourself mate, I'll be unemployed again in a fortnight and you're a whiny little bitch.



So, what you're saying is that it's perfectly acceptable for the government not only to reduce the amount they pay into the pensions THEY created for their staff, but also when they feel the need to dip into that massive pension pot and steal the money that people put in there themselves, out of their own pay?

"Oh, but lots of people are unemployed" doesn't justify anti-striking opinions. There is nothing any government would love more than to crush the public sector unions. If they can justify invading foreign nations without any concrete evidence and running up trillions of Euros worth of debt in the process, then I don't see why workers get stick for trying to keep the pensions that government guaranteed them when they began working.

There is no doubt that this is happening because Westminster has fucked the country. I seriously doubt that Cameron and Clegg are having their state pension inputs reduced.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.



Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

User avatar
Prometherion91
Denim Demon
Posts: 7754
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:45 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Prometherion91 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:20 pm

It would appear my house key fell out of my pocket somewhere while I was out, so I'm going to have to get another cut in Headingley tomorrow. Arse biscuits.
Womble wrote:Petri isn't fat. He's just ribbed for her pleasure.

User avatar
Big D
Denim Demon
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Big D » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:24 pm

I love the fact that somehow the nation's economic future rests on reforming public sector pensions. If Westminster is that hard up, maybe we should have a whip round.

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jobdone » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:44 pm

corrupt_toolbox wrote:I don't know why people still get so worked up about Clarkson - all his outrageous comments are quite clearly just him upholding his public persona (as he has openly admitted); he's not to be taken seriously by anyone.


"With his outrageous politically incorrect opinions that he has for money"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... vzMs#t=51s
Image

User avatar
xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon
Posts: 4912
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:33 pm
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby xBERSERKERx » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Trying to think of top ten albums of the year. Fucking hell, such a hard choice.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

User avatar
drummerduba
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:30 pm
Location: The Grim North (Inverness)
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby drummerduba » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:30 pm

You know those days where you don't feel like you've been productive, despite being all over the place doing stuff? Aye, it's been one of those days, and I'm in a shiter of a mood for it...

User avatar
mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2630
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: Shitsville kent
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby mikeftw » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Jobdone wrote:
corrupt_toolbox wrote:I don't know why people still get so worked up about Clarkson - all his outrageous comments are quite clearly just him upholding his public persona (as he has openly admitted); he's not to be taken seriously by anyone.


"With his outrageous politically incorrect opinions that he has for money"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... vzMs#t=51s


Stewart Lee is such an underrated comic
Image

User avatar
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Jezza is a hero. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be taken outside and shot in front of their families.
Image

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jobdone » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:Jezza is a hero. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be taken outside and shot in front of their families.


Yet another wacky politically incorrect opinion had to a deadline every sunday.
Image

User avatar
VirginInvader
Denim Demon
Posts: 8467
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: London

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby VirginInvader » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
VirginInvader wrote:Jezza's a legend. And he sort of has a point too. Striking in a recession? Fuck the cunts. Get them out the way and I'll do their job instead. The pricks don't know how lucky they are. Your pension's at risk? Go fuck yourself mate, I'll be unemployed again in a fortnight and you're a whiny little bitch.



So, what you're saying is that it's perfectly acceptable for the government not only to reduce the amount they pay into the pensions THEY created for their staff, but also when they feel the need to dip into that massive pension pot and steal the money that people put in there themselves, out of their own pay?

"Oh, but lots of people are unemployed" doesn't justify anti-striking opinions. There is nothing any government would love more than to crush the public sector unions. If they can justify invading foreign nations without any concrete evidence and running up trillions of Euros worth of debt in the process, then I don't see why workers get stick for trying to keep the pensions that government guaranteed them when they began working.

There is no doubt that this is happening because Westminster has fucked the country. I seriously doubt that Cameron and Clegg are having their state pension inputs reduced.

There's bigger issues at the minute than what well-paid individuals, which let's face it most of them are, will be drawing from their pension packets in years to come. Fuck trade unions anyway, bunch of pricks.
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Fjar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:11 pm

My hands smell of bleach and I just know that no amount of scrubbing with soap will get it off.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby peypea » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Fjar wrote:My hands smell of bleach and I just know that no amount of scrubbing with soap will get it off.

I bloody hate when that happens.
WPMOT: Cat's being a douche, I've subconsciously found whatever excuse I can to procrastinate and now I feel utterly useless, yet when I try to do dissertation work I just have a massive block and my brain shuts down.
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

User avatar
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon
Posts: 7063
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:43 pm

peypea wrote:WPMOT: Cat's being a douche, I've subconsciously found whatever excuse I can to procrastinate and now I feel utterly useless, yet when I try to do dissertation work I just have a massive block and my brain shuts down.


Not sure if this is any use, but when I used to get like this with revision for exams, I used to just go do something in another room for a bit or go for a quick walk outside - usually just doing something completely different even briefly used to clear my head a bit.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.



Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic