What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Nantha
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Nantha » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:44 am

:( How come you have to stand outside for so long?

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:52 am

i do the primitive form of 'promo' for a bar in hudds, which means a few of us have to be out and about in the streets 3-4 hours every wednesday, friday and saturday, also dealing with rude drunk people who still often throw abuse at you despite you giving them discount/free entry and stuff. its good when its warm/summer but absolutely horrid in winter. we sometimes even exit flyer for people leaving anywhere up to like 4am. its cold enough during the day, nevermind that time of night, but there is only so much clothing you can wear! i love the guys there and ive worked for them for ages and would be harsh to leave as no bugger else is daft enough to do it but its proper testing! a normal indoor/shop/office job seems so alien :lol:
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:40 am

Still in a foul mood, ear's still playing up, sobered up, can't sleep. Not even Power Quest is making a dent.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:25 am

Took me ages to get to sleep, and then when I finally did sleep I got a spam of texts waking me up from the guy I was briefly seeing who now won't seem to leave me alone, and my cold is all of a sudden about ten times worse than it was yesterday. And I'm going to Newport today for some course rep thing. Today is not my friend.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:39 am

Kylan_Paassa wrote:i do the primitive form of 'promo' for a bar in hudds, which means a few of us have to be out and about in the streets 3-4 hours every wednesday, friday and saturday, also dealing with rude drunk people who still often throw abuse at you despite you giving them discount/free entry and stuff. its good when its warm/summer but absolutely horrid in winter. we sometimes even exit flyer for people leaving anywhere up to like 4am. its cold enough during the day, nevermind that time of night, but there is only so much clothing you can wear! i love the guys there and ive worked for them for ages and would be harsh to leave as no bugger else is daft enough to do it but its proper testing! a normal indoor/shop/office job seems so alien :lol:

Gary :( I can't believe they still make you do that in this weather!
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:40 am

still sick but can't afford to lose another day's pay. housemate says "at least it's friday." except i work saturdays, as i keep telling you when i can't sleep on friday nights due to your drunken shouting and constant fucking and fuckery. so friday is not the end of the week. friday is the agonising day before the last day of the week. fuck right off.

i think one could say i'm in a bad mood this morning.

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:07 am

ive seen the promo guys in my town about while travelling back from a late night, tough gig gary, hugs for all who are having a bad day :)
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

AlixB
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby AlixB » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:25 am

The clinical director at work is a moron. Not sure whether I should bother telling her in a way that won't get me fired.

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:53 am

Kylan_Paassa wrote:nevermind that time of night, but there is only so much clothing you can wear!

You can pick up cold weather baselayers that are pretty thin and discreet. I have tried a few different types for when I am expected to be mincing round some woods when it's freezing at 2 in the morning. I highly reccomend them.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:02 am

Got a bitch of a hangover this morning...

*edit* I second the recommendation of a thermal base layer Gary. I bought a German army "extreme cold weather shirt" from an army surplus place for about 2 or 3 quid when I was working nights in a hotel with knackered heating when it was about -15 last year and it proper does the job, much more effective than some of the far thicker hoodies etc that I've got and far lighter.

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:44 am

Can't wait for my brother to fuck off to uni in September, he's the most annoying little creature :x

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:42 pm

Beardy wrote:*edit* I second the recommendation of a thermal base layer Gary. I bought a German army "extreme cold weather shirt" from an army surplus place for about 2 or 3 quid when I was working nights in a hotel with knackered heating when it was about -15 last year and it proper does the job, much more effective than some of the far thicker hoodies etc that I've got and far lighter.

That. Also, if there's anywhere near you sells ski gear, have a nosey there. Usually their thermal "under layers" are reasonable in price, and having skiied in -25C in them, I can definitely vouch for how great they are. :)

WPMOT: Had another funny turn and couldn't get up the hill into town to the card shop. There goes me going on my department's Xmas Do tonight too.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:43 pm

too cold to be standing outside uni flyering for my mum's vintage fair.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:41 pm

IT equipment fucking with me for its own amusement.
Also, I don't mind walking somebody through a task they've never done before. If they then go ahead and ignore what I just told them, I feel justified in being a tad unamused.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Azubi wrote:
Kylan_Paassa wrote:nevermind that time of night, but there is only so much clothing you can wear!

You can pick up cold weather baselayers that are pretty thin and discreet. I have tried a few different types for when I am expected to be mincing round some woods when it's freezing at 2 in the morning. I highly reccomend them.

Continuing on from this, Primark do thermals for about a fiver. I was wearing them under my clothes last year when it was -7 during the day, and they kept me pretty damn toasty.
My house is so cold right now (even when we put the heating on for two hours) that I pretty much have to wear them under my pajamas. They're wonderful :D

WPMOT: I don't have a beard to keep my face warm. Curse being a woman.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.