What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:15 am

Some absolute clown on Liverpool council has allowed Creamfields to host an event in a warehouse on the Liverpool Docks until 4am tonight. I live about a couple of miles away across the river and can hear it clear as day - even can hear the DJ talking.

Same with half the fucking Wirral and a fair whack of Liverpool apparently. I'm currently unable to get any sleep whatsover. I even heard it over my music when I put my headphones on. :x :x
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:30 pm

Fucking hell lol, I just received a message from a recruitment agency telling me they can't help me. Like they're not even going to try. Doom and gloom right there, might as well go work for Sainsbury's as a bag packer.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:23 pm

tranmerefan wrote:Some absolute clown on Liverpool council has allowed Creamfields to host an event in a warehouse on the Liverpool Docks until 4am tonight. I live about a couple of miles away across the river and can hear it clear as day - even can hear the DJ talking.

Same with half the fucking Wirral and a fair whack of Liverpool apparently. I'm currently unable to get any sleep whatsover. I even heard it over my music when I put my headphones on. :x :x

I used to love it when Creamfields was at the airport. Sat in the garden with beer and listened to it all night. Free festival with decent toilets and a bed.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:49 pm

I don't know how a completely routine trip to hospital managed to take up 4.5 hours of my day, but through a combination of traffic, parking and delayed clinics, it did. :evil:
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:18 pm

Bit pissed off with a couple of close mates at the moment. Also looks like ill be home on the weekend I had planned to go out for my 30th. Had a bit of a naff time at the German market last weekend because of people so I said to the guys I was going out with that we should do something else. "Nah we're doing German market, we've got plans." Alright don't worry about my birthday then.

Always seems that way, it could be my birthday and I have to do what other people want to do. Never what I want to do. I hope they get their feet trodden all over. Same mate that criticised me for being a bad friend 2 weeks ago because I couldn't come to a gig (a band I wasn't familiar with which was mid week and would mean id need to book an unpaid day off) and I was invited around his flat for the evening which I couldn't make because I wasn't feeling my best. I am thinking a few months away from people in 2017. I am never good enough for them obviously.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Numpty cunt thinking I should have given way for him on the M1 around the Matlock area this afternoon. Points me into the hard shoulder for I would imagine probably for some stern words and a cup of coffee about what he thinks he knows about driving.

Get out of your car ill run you down, I am not a fighter at all but I do like to win and not much beats a Transit. Prick.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:32 pm

It's mad that people actually do that, the whole 'pull your car over and let me rave at you'. On the hard shoulder as well? I mean come on.
The only person who would actually stop their car to hear you out, would be doing so to purely knock you the fuck out.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:59 pm

Nantha wrote:It's mad that people actually do that, the whole 'pull your car over and let me rave at you'. On the hard shoulder as well? I mean come on.
The only person who would actually stop their car to hear you out, would be doing so to purely knock you the fuck out.

Yeah they're tough guys in their little bubbles on wheels. I have no interest in fighting people, it doesn't mean that much to me, nothing does. Prefer to go through life without conflict but yeah seems I can't even do that.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:13 pm

99% sure I've reripped my hernia.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:28 pm

Speaking of things medical, I have an operation coming up. It'll be the first time I've had a general anaesthetic. I can't say I'm looking forward to it...
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 am

Tbh I don't get the fuss over general anaesthetic. You feel high as fuck when you wake up but that wears off really quickly.
Maybe it's just because my brothers an anaesthetist that I don't get it because I trust him to only do decent things :lol:
What're your concerns? :)
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:38 am

I've only had 2 operations (or at least I only remember 2) under general anaesthetic. I remember how weird it was coming round from the latter when I was about 5/6. It's really not like waking up, it's kinda...sloppier, I guess? Then add on the specific nature of your op and how that's gonna affect how you feel. Can't remember how quickly I came around. Different experience when you're little.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Ive been under a couple of times. Horrible hungover feeling which is brief, and everything tastes of absolute shit.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:21 pm

The fact that the entire country breaks down because of Christmas.
Things I really need to do before I go abroad for 5 weeks, like get some contact lenses, doctors appointments, general admin etc, I can't do, because once again, everywhere is understaffed, overbooked, or just closed down.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:38 pm

Crikey this thread has been dead since last year, sort yourselves out! :lol:

Today I was told these two newbies haven't had their logons set up properly, so they can't go through these introductory training modules that explain many of the basic concepts of our work.

Nonetheless, I was asked if I could have this one guy sat with me whilst I 'trained' him on how to do the simplest task there is on my team, which is still quite involved. Kind of a geeky, awkward East Asian chap with a strange gait, slight odour. Asked lots of questions, which is good because he's curious but he kept picking up on irrelevant stuff and I kept having to bat it off like "oh that, y-yeah, don't worry about that, it's not relevant for now, anyway as I was saying..." And my mouth kept drying up from having to do so much talking and so I kept having to drink loads of water.

No doubt I'll have to help train this guy anyway but didn't help that he hadn't yet been able to do the introductory shizz. Also got a feeling he's gonna be palmed off on me a lot more. I can accept that I'll need to be asked lots of questions because I did when I started, but I'm hoping he absorbs info quickly enough so he can get on with stuff and not grate on my senses too much. Not sure why the team needed more people. I like where I am, don't want anything to spoil that.

EDIT: So today was awful because I was stuck with this guy for most of the day. This other colleague came up to me subtly today and he was like "Crikey you've got your work cut out for you haven't you? You deserve a medal!" which made it easier to approach my line manager in confidence about my concerns after the day's end.

Turns out I'm not the only one who thinks he's a bit 'off' or has picked up on his poor timekeeping and hygiene among other things. Also after failing to gauge from the guy whether he'd moved from this other role in the same company on his own accord or because he'd been let go and the agency wanted to give him another chance, turns out said other department had things to say about him too.

Problem is, my line manager can't go with his instincts and get rid of him until he has something of substance to show the agency, so until we've marked him on actual work and seen how bad he is at it, we just have to deal with him. I've asked if my line manager can at least see if my colleague can share the burden of training him and have an opportunity to 'gauge' him and get a second opinion. No idea if that'll happen. Dunno why they can't just get this guy picking and packing in a warehouse somewhere.