What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Tue May 29, 2007 5:04 pm

l0C0 wrote:Someone deleting my posts from two days ago... hmm... nothing in my post was libel, I was just saying exactly what happened.

Ah well.

I dunno what or where you posted but apparently some have been deleted from the website issues forum that were no longer relevant.
If not then I don't know, there have been some cases of posts mysteriously going missing. If it was intentionally deleted I'm sure you would have received a pm and/or I and the other mods would have heard something about it. So yeah it might just have been some bug with the board..stupid board :eyes:

DarkSaber2k
Warrior of Metal

Postby DarkSaber2k » Tue May 29, 2007 5:07 pm

It's the terrorists!
Remember Citadel....

http://www.last.fm/user/wmd23/

l0C0
Paster of Muppets

Postby l0C0 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:14 pm

Lick Mars wrote:
l0C0 wrote:Someone deleting my posts from two days ago... hmm... nothing in my post was libel, I was just saying exactly what happened.

Ah well.

I dunno what or where you posted but apparently some have been deleted from the website issues forum that were no longer relevant.
If not then I don't know, there have been some cases of posts mysteriously going missing. If it was intentionally deleted I'm sure you would have received a pm and/or I and the other mods would have heard something about it. So yeah it might just have been some bug with the board..stupid board :eyes:

Ah ok, I feel a bit better about this now :)

I may post the rant again though, so be warned! :P

"Never get into an argument with an idiot: They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

payne-metal
Paster of Muppets

Postby payne-metal » Tue May 29, 2007 6:02 pm

fucking no longer relevant its geting slightly irritating its not what i expect of an organisation like bloodstock who shouldnt have associated themselves with such issues in the first place no doubt this message may soon be deleted but let me me say i am less than impressed...

l0C0
Paster of Muppets

Postby l0C0 » Tue May 29, 2007 6:18 pm

I don't think it was an intentional deletion, it's alright :)

"Never get into an argument with an idiot: They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue May 29, 2007 6:37 pm

payne-metal wrote:fucking no longer relevant its geting slightly irritating its not what i expect of an organisation like bloodstock who shouldnt have associated themselves with such issues in the first place no doubt this message may soon be deleted but let me me say i am less than impressed...

I think it's a server/software fault rather than anything sinister but sometimes you just don't know.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Tue May 29, 2007 6:53 pm

yeah it is some kind of problem with the server or something thats causing data loss and posts going missing (I'm not a technical wizz so I can't say exacly what!), theres been other cases of it too recently and we've had it before. Despite what it looks like posts are not deleted willy nilly or without just cause or some kind of warning. Its coincidence if a negative post happens to disappear. By all means let me/the mods/admin know if you notice posts going missing, just so we're aware of it happening, if it was purposly deleted it would be due to a violation of the rules which would be pointed out.

And the "not relevant" part I meant that posts not relevent to the Website issues part of the board were moved by admin so only posts that relate to the website are there. I wasn't meaning in general.

*Phew*. hope that clears up anything. Though I guess I can't stop people being pissed off when we're in the pissed off thread :lol:

Disbeliever
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Disbeliever » Tue May 29, 2007 8:12 pm

Getting two job rejection letters in one day, argh!
Nowhere, but to the black shores of Doom...

payne-metal
Paster of Muppets

Postby payne-metal » Tue May 29, 2007 8:36 pm

Lick Mars wrote:yeah it is some kind of problem with the server or something thats causing data loss and posts going missing (I'm not a technical wizz so I can't say exacly what!), theres been other cases of it too recently and we've had it before. Despite what it looks like posts are not deleted willy nilly or without just cause or some kind of warning. Its coincidence if a negative post happens to disappear. By all means let me/the mods/admin know if you notice posts going missing, just so we're aware of it happening, if it was purposly deleted it would be due to a violation of the rules which would be pointed out.

And the "not relevant" part I meant that posts not relevent to the Website issues part of the board were moved by admin so only posts that relate to the website are there. I wasn't meaning in general.

*Phew*. hope that clears up anything. Though I guess I can't stop people being pissed off when we're in the pissed off thread :lol:

sorry but it is annoying when what i put was a complaint mysteriously disappears...

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue May 29, 2007 9:21 pm

Lick Mars wrote:Its coincidence if a negative post happens to disappear.

Yes, it could be coincidence that the majority of posts that seem to disappear are the ones criticising Bloodstock, but every time we just get an apology about it being a server problem, and a big thumbs up from the webmaster, claiming it's all fixed now. I have to say it's starting to stretch the bounds of credibility a bit. Just MHO.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Tue May 29, 2007 9:24 pm

payne-metal wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:yeah it is some kind of problem with the server or something thats causing data loss and posts going missing (I'm not a technical wizz so I can't say exacly what!), theres been other cases of it too recently and we've had it before. Despite what it looks like posts are not deleted willy nilly or without just cause or some kind of warning. Its coincidence if a negative post happens to disappear. By all means let me/the mods/admin know if you notice posts going missing, just so we're aware of it happening, if it was purposly deleted it would be due to a violation of the rules which would be pointed out.

sorry but it is annoying when what i put was a complaint mysteriously disappears...

It was definately nothing malicious as a number of my posts had vanished too.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Tue May 29, 2007 9:31 pm

Tet wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:Its coincidence if a negative post happens to disappear.

Yes, it could be coincidence that the majority of posts that seem to disappear are the ones criticising Bloodstock, but every time we just get an apology about it being a server problem, and a big thumbs up from the webmaster, claiming it's all fixed now. I have to say it's starting to stretch the bounds of credibility a bit. Just MHO.

Actually a lot of the posts arent criticising Bloodstock, its just those ones which people tend to notice more. I mean, if you look at some of the things that have been posted before that have 'critisicised' bloodstock, or sly remarks that have been made, why haven't they been deleted as well?
I dunno I find it odd that people would think the bloodstock organisers would delete anything negative from the forums, if they were gonna do that they might as well just delete the whole board BA-DUM! :D
Seriously though, I can see why you and others see it that way but I'm just trying to assure you and everyone, we're not that silly. :) Take from that what you will

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue May 29, 2007 9:32 pm

Oh, and what pissed me off today? Getting home from work to find some git had driven into the side of my car. Naturally, they didn't stop to leave their insurance details... :-(
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Harry » Tue May 29, 2007 10:38 pm

That Emo video off Fox news doing the rounds.

The content is bad enough, but to be frank 80% of the stuff in it is blatantly false/made up.

Rant-worthy but I really can't be arsed, hahahaha.

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Thu May 31, 2007 1:30 pm

Being ill for the last two days! :(

Feeling a bit better now though!