What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:27 pm

finding out my bus pass run out yesterday, and having no cash/bankcard on me having to walk to work, 1hour and 20 mins it toook me :x safe to say i was late!
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:54 pm

My Sky box going kaputt ... and inevitably not being able to get through to Sky! Just getting lots of automated crap ... and the natives are getting restless ... but have finally thrown the towel in and gone to bed early!

Tbh it's nice to have a bit of respite from the Disney Channel!

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:32 pm

"Let's be friends?"

Mr Bloody Popular, me.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:50 pm

Having my afternoon wasted for me by being made to watch the interminable tedium-fest that is The Color Purple.
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:49 am

The twatting promoter of the Novembers Doom gig in Manchester not even bothering to tell the bands that the gig was cancelled nevermind us fans! Bad enough that I wasted a journey from Liverpool to Manchester, can't imagine how shitty it was for the bands to turn up to a closed venue! :x

It's shit like that that will stop bands from bothering to tour over here at all!!!

ConsignedOblivion
Powermetal Child

Postby ConsignedOblivion » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:02 pm

That i have to go and do coursework after school, because the whole class didnt get enough time to do it.

And who needs to know the rate of a reaction when the concentration of hydrochloric acid changes and is mixed with sodium hydroxide.

Not me.

Stupid Science.

<_<

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:04 pm

falling down the stairs and spraining my ankle :( At least i get a day off work though...but it hurts so bad!!!

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:45 pm

Having the migriane from hell last night ... which saw me here at home today with lovely visual disturbances ... I love seeing double ... not!

Taking time out from the above and ringing Sky Technical Support who kept me on hold for 1 hour 10 minutes before taking 5 to tell me I need an engineer ... go figure ... and charging me £65 for the priviledge!

I'm going back to bed!

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:10 pm

Decided to treat myself to some books today. Which was nice. First in through the door and the shop remained empty as I grabbed some literature and headed for the cash desk.
Pull out my chequebook. Do they take cheques? Yes. Lovely. (Don't get paid till Thursday)
(Shop still empty.)
Books are scanned, I begin writing cheque.
(There's a few people browsing the other side of the room.)
I hand over my cheque guarantee card. Which the guy can't get to work.
At this point I look round. In the space of a minute there's a dozen people teleported in behind me and every single one of them is giving me evils.

Fucksocks.

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:26 am

Beardy wrote:The twatting promoter of the Novembers Doom gig in Manchester not even bothering to tell the bands that the gig was cancelled nevermind us fans! Bad enough that I wasted a journey from Liverpool to Manchester, can't imagine how shitty it was for the bands to turn up to a closed venue! :x

It's shit like that that will stop bands from bothering to tour over here at all!!!

Oh that is just appalling. I've never heard such nonsense.

Actually, I have, it happened to my mate's band, but still...you'd expect better from a proper promoter. Just bloody ridiculous.
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:07 am

my mum is in hospital and is having her cancer removed today :( and i cant get to go to see her, she deliberatley went too another hospital out of the area as she doesnt want any visitors, she is having a big operation today, and my dad is the only one there with her. I suppose i shouldnt be angry, and its what my mum wants and all that, buut getting hold of them is a bastard as well, i have phoned the ward several times to find out how she is, and im fed the usual lines of she's comefortable, slept well, shes fine, but nervous about the op etc etc.Ive tried to ring my dad on his mobile, but mobile phones are not allowed to be switched on inside hospitals as they interfere with the elecrical equipment, so the only real contact is when he rings me. Im sorry for ranting/whining/complaining but i really needed to get this off my chest as its upsetting me.I know several of you gave me support around the indoor festival and it was most welcome, and those of you who have my msn add, ill be online tonight jabbering rubbish as usuall as ill probably be venting my spleen again about it. Anyhoo once again sorry for moaning, and those who havent met me ,but do take a look at this post id just like to say thanks for reading.

LUB
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:44 pm

bloody police setting up temporary speed cameras at the end of the road I come along to work, right after you come round a blind bend! Its a 30 road but changes to a 50 road further down cos its as you're coming out of a residential area, so you kinda naturally speed up, sneaky bastards :rolleyes: I dont think they got me, at least i hope not :|

@lub - it must be hard , no need to apologise for talking about it. Best wishes to your mum, hope the op goes well and she makes a full recovery

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:03 pm

Mark I'm sure everybody here wishes your mum a speedy recovery. :)
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Rob Bannister
Festival Compere

Postby Rob Bannister » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:39 pm

jackcake wrote:Mark I'm sure everybody here wishes your mum a speedy recovery. :)

Agreed! Best of luck!
The mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the earth!

bungle
Denim Demon

Postby bungle » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:13 pm

impervious wrote:
jackcake wrote:Mark I'm sure everybody here wishes your mum a speedy recovery. :)

Agreed! Best of luck!

yeh hope everythin is fine mark i owe you a pint