What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Moonburp » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Bisset wrote:
VirginInvader wrote:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Have you ever considered....

QUADRUPLE DENIM???

What do you mean "considered"? :P


Image

I believe the term is "Canadian Tuxedo"

User avatar
JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby JamieH » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:02 pm

People are absolute twats in hospitals. I turned up for my appointment this morning at 7.30 knowing that there would be a good bit of waiting around as they just tell everyone who's in for morning surgery to be there at that time. Everyone else who was in this morning arrived then started to act like a dick when they'd been waiting half an hour. "My surgery was due at 7.30, it's now 8. This is a disgrace!" No, your surgery wasn't due at 7.30, you were asked to be here for 7.30.

One of the guys who was infront of me in the queue for theater (who also turned up with 5 other people.. why?) kept bitching and complaining about the wait, got called in to see the nurse and answer some questions about anesthetic, came back out, was called in to talk to the surgeon briefly, was asked to wait a few minutes again, then decided he couldn't be bothered waiting around anymore and just left, therefore wasting every bodies time. He was literally about to be asked to get changed so they could take him down for his surgery...

Also, everyone there this morning had small suitcases with them, like enough that would do me for a week away somewhere. Why do they seem to think they need that much in a day procedure unit?

User avatar
tranmerefan
Denim Demon
Posts: 7125
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Wallasey

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby tranmerefan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:09 pm

JamieH wrote:People are absolute twats in hospitals. I turned up for my appointment this morning at 7.30 knowing that there would be a good bit of waiting around as they just tell everyone who's in for morning surgery to be there at that time. Everyone else who was in this morning arrived then started to act like a dick when they'd been waiting half an hour. "My surgery was due at 7.30, it's now 8. This is a disgrace!" No, your surgery wasn't due at 7.30, you were asked to be here for 7.30.

One of the guys who was infront of me in the queue for theater (who also turned up with 5 other people.. why?) kept bitching and complaining about the wait, got called in to see the nurse and answer some questions about anesthetic, came back out, was called in to talk to the surgeon briefly, was asked to wait a few minutes again, then decided he couldn't be bothered waiting around anymore and just left, therefore wasting every bodies time. He was literally about to be asked to get changed so they could take him down for his surgery...

Also, everyone there this morning had small suitcases with them, like enough that would do me for a week away somewhere. Why do they seem to think they need that much in a day procedure unit?



We have to bring all the patients in at the same time - even if there's 7 or 8 on a list. Mainly because some get cancelled last minute due to various reasons (patients turning up after having their breakfast, patients with too high a Blood pressure, patient not stopping necessary medication).

It means the consultant/theatre staff can get cracking on without large gaps.

He sounds like an absolute arse, he'd fit in well with our patients. :lol: :lol:
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5018
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:27 pm

The NHS would be great if they didn't have any patients. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jobdone » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:38 am

All these headlines about the pilots.

We fucking demonise mental health enough as it is, we don't need "DEPRESSION BLAH BLAH" on the front page of shit.

I somehow managed to go to work for nearly a year with depression without murdering 150 people.
Image

User avatar
Nantha
Denim Demon
Posts: 9269
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:59 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Nantha » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:20 am

Yeah, that's pretty fucked up.

Anyway I hurt my back carrying speakers and I'm worried it'll ruin my holiday :(

User avatar
MetalBeast
Denim Demon
Posts: 8928
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:44 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby MetalBeast » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:28 am

Jobdone wrote:All these headlines about the pilots.

We fucking demonise mental health enough as it is, we don't need "DEPRESSION BLAH BLAH" on the front page of shit.

I somehow managed to go to work for nearly a year with depression without murdering 150 people.


Yeah, that really annoyed me.

If you take that narritive back one step further, certain papers probably contribute a fair bit to some people's mental ill-health (particularly depression and anxiety) with their constant demonization of certain sections of society and their alarmist reporting, so we should probably ban them as a precaution. :lol:
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5018
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:59 pm

I always thought that was the reason they used to have three crew on a flight deck. That and in case one of them took ill. I think it's bizarre that the pilot couldn't get access due to it being locked from the inside. Surely they have numerical keypads?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon
Posts: 7717
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: Brizzle

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby keera_envenomed » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:16 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I always thought that was the reason they used to have three crew on a flight deck. That and in case one of them took ill. I think it's bizarre that the pilot couldn't get access due to it being locked from the inside. Surely they have numerical keypads?


Isn't the locking from the inside thing a result of 9/11? No access from the outside means your terrorist can't get in and crash the plane into stuff which is pretty ironic considering.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby peypea » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:33 am

Someone fell under my tube. Been sat at a bus stop for nearly an hour. It's fucking cold and I'm tired and feel horrendous for the poor driver.
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

User avatar
Brendancoles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:37 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Brendancoles » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:01 am

That's pretty balls.


I had to come back into work after drinking time because I fucked something up (kind of) and the clients getting pissy so I'm not going to be home anytime before 4am (at least) by the looks of it.

User avatar
JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby JamieH » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Have hardly slept since the operation on Thursday. I'll go to bed, fall asleep after a while then turn over in my sleep and it'll wake me up cause of the pain. Which was confusing me at first cause I've got barely any feeling in my neck around the stitches (the Dr did say there were lots of nerves in that area, so I'm wondering if they've got fucked up...), but I assume there are stitches inside as well since they cut the gland out.

Also, sneezing is insanely painful... feels like all the stitches are going to tear every time I sneeze.

User avatar
VirginInvader
Denim Demon
Posts: 8467
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: London

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby VirginInvader » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:11 pm

Wrexham FC and their uncanny ability to constantly find new ways of breaking your heart :(
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

User avatar
ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Leeds

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:33 pm

WOA running order - clashes everywhere :x
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby peypea » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:30 am

Full speed high level hangover. Still have two days of work as well. Also ate a shit tonne of garlic bread when I got in last night and it's all I can taste despite cleaning my teeth a million times. Ughh.
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.