What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Tet » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Car failed its MOT on emissions. Because it uses new fangled fuel injected nonsense rather than a proper carb, it's very hard to adjust it to try and get it back to within acceptable ranges. The ECU keeps trying to second guess you and correct any changes you make.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:00 pm

How's the cat on it? Any changes you make should be followed up by a remap otherwise it will correct anything you try to do it...
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:05 pm

I keep getting electric shocks off my car. :x
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Chugging Pus wrote:You know what I love, 14 hour shifts without any type of food or break, and when a complaint is made I am told if I complain again I can take the zero part of my zero hour contract quite literally.

I used to do that, which was kitchen work. So not only was it ridiculous shifts without breaks it was also such an environment that it made you ill due to the demanding needs and ridiculous management.
Best thing I ever did was decide to leave. I always thought to accept that that's just how it is. But it's not.
Now I get to take the break I'm entitled to with no question and flexibility towards the time when I take it. Small things, but it makes it all much more enjoyable. It's really not hard to organise breaks for staff and there is no excuse. Glad I wised up.
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:30 pm

People who are so insecure at work and their first time being put in charge just won't listen to suggestions. Not that I give that much of a damn, but I do have a fair idea of the cost of the waste that gets made.

JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby JamieH » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:34 am

As mentioned in another thread a few days ago, it seems the thing to do around this area over the easter weekend is drive around aimlessly, which of course includes all the wee bellends in their done up cars. There have been a few crashes over the weekend, the worst being a head on collision with two dead and seven in hospital. You'd think that would make people have a bit of sense.. but nope. Last night there was another crash, car full of kids who were all hammered and had been taking whatever drugs.

The stupidity of people amazes me at times..

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:27 pm

My manager told my team leader she is changing my contract, my team leader told me because she is a bro but the manager went home last night without actually saying anything to me about it so I have to just wait now and find out whenever she can be bothered to tell me, which would be fine if I didn't know it was coming and I'm fairly sure it won't be in my favour...

Purple n Batty
Warrior of Metal

Postby Purple n Batty » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Chugging Pus wrote:I've been told if I put in a complaint I'll get the breaks no problem. I also won't get enough hours to pay my rent as he'll just cut me down to the minimum he can get away with (which with a zero hour contract - I'm fucked). Unfortunately the amount of hours I work I cannot get an interview anywhere else. Last time he had a hint that I had an interview (it was actually a doctors appointment) he just changed my shift so I was walking all that day.

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1373 ACAS site for all employment law information and advice.

Purple n Batty
Warrior of Metal

Postby Purple n Batty » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:24 pm

Woken at 4.30 am by another choking fit gasping for air and making me throw up. This went on for around half an hour.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:04 pm

Think my laptop may finally be dying a death. It's a struggle doing anything on it anymore, the battery is utterly fried and it sounds like it's struggling for air at the best of times. It's last a good five years, mind, but I do not have the dollar to get a new one yet. Gah.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:08 pm

See if you can hold out 'til Windows 10 comes out. S'what I'm doing, but my PC's not dying as such.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Sounds sensible, but aren't Microsoft giving everyone a free upgrade to Windows 10 anyway? Or did I imagine that?

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:15 pm

They are for the first year, yeah.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:46 pm

I guess that doesn't count for people wanting to jump all the way from Vista :P Looking for a PC with better specs anyway...

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:01 pm

From 7 onwards, sadly. Not sure if I want to upgrade though,. 7 has been pretty decent with me so far.