What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby angel_of_death » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:25 pm

My new job.

It's early days yet, and I understand that I'm the new boy. But my supervisor talks to me like I'm a child, and gives me baby steps: "Can you just install this graphics card" Comes back 30 seconds later: "Are you ok?, everything going ok?". He repeats stupidly simple instructions several times.
I'm used to having control over ALL the IT in the building, but here I don't even get local admin rights :( Despite the fact that I told HIM how to fix 2 problems he was having on my first day (stupid problems). He seems to me to be the kind of guy who doesn't actually know stuff, but only knows what he's doing because he's been doing it so long!

It makes me sad, and now I'm beginning to think I made the wrong choice in leaving my last job.

But like I said. Early Days. Hopefully in a few weeks it'll get better, or I may have to start thinking about finding another one already, either that or telling people to stop treating me like a novice.

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Twitchy toe :S driving me fucking daft!

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:39 am

Useless buses made of late for work hope you feel better dragonmaiden
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:53 am

A Usless Fucking Stupid Girl at work, who's lazy at the best of times but when the Boss'es go away on holiday she turns up to work and treats it like a holiday, seriously either sat on her arse reading the newspaper, outside having a cig or in the kitchen talking to the kitchen girls!

Saturday- Gala Day the busiest time of year at the pub, i asked her to come in and do 4-7 so i could have 1/2 hour brake before the other 3 staff on with me finished at 5pm (they all started at 12pm). It got to 4pm and i went to see where she was outside in beer garden with half a lager and smoking talking to people. When i asked if she was starting she said that i told her 5pm which i know i didn't and other people have since said i didn't. So she reluctantly started work, complaining she was waiting for the BBQ because she was hungry! I was Hungry and tired and pissed off i started at 9:30am and finished at 7pm (with the 1/2/ hour break at 4pm). When the other staff left at 5pm It was me and her and a girl who just really glass collects working, everytime i turn around she's missing leaving me and the glass collector (who ended up serving). When i found her she was either standing around ignoring customers Txt'ing on her phone, or sat in dining room talking to her mates or outside having a cig! I ordered her to stay behind bar so i could go for a cig and when i got back there was the glass collector behind bar on her own! Then i sent glass collector for a cig, even though the stupid cow dissapeared again. Then moaned when i told her to clear the dining room up (i thought if you enjoy spending so much time in there you can fucking clean it) that took her nearly an hour to do when its usually a 15 minute job at the most!

Monday- She came into work at 11 happy to find the bosses had gone away and basically decided to slack off. I'd been up at 8am cleaning the pub and cashing up, and seen as i had a bit of time left before the staff arrived decided to help them out (on my day off from actual work) by setting the dining room up (her job) butting the Sun brollys and ashtrays out in the beergarden (her job) setting the beer towels and trays out on the bar and getting the ice, putting nozzles on the pumps ect ect. (all her jobs) when she came in she didnt even notice so i told her id done them for her not even a thank you. Instead i got i thought you set the dining room out for me? You forgot to put the sugar bowls out! When i went out to the supermarket to get some kitchen supplies i returned and found only Dave (in his 60's) behind the bar with loads of customers waiting! He was pissed off and asked if i knew where she was, i found her sat upstairs (which is off limits to her and the staff) checking her fucking Facebook and e-mails on the PC. Then at 2pm she comes up to me and says see you tommorrow, i said it's not 2:30 yet (the time she's supposed to leave) and she started kicking off in a vicky pollard way..."I Don't care My Grans at Home looking after Alex (Her 5 year old son) and i'm not making her wait, i'm going!" Which left Dave (the 60+ year old) to scrape the plates and tidy up). So he wasn't amused.

Yesterday- Bring's her Son into work because nobody can babysit, ask's if he can watch TV upstairs (with no choice really i reluctantly agree) but tell her i won't be upstairs for a good 1/2 hour and she says "so he'll be alright". She doesn't really slack off as much as the previous days but does keep popping upstairs to see her son.

Today- As usual i've been up since 8am, let the Gas Barrel men in to change the barrels, cleaned up set the dining room up for her amongst the things that i had to do like cash up and clean. She comes in i ask her to do one simple thing put the Suin Brollies out and the Ashtrays, i dissapear to the supermarket and butchers when i get back she's talking to the girs in the kitchen. One of them comes outside and asks whats wrong with me, so i said "She's pissing me off"! The Kitchen Girl obviously went inside and told her because when i'm walking in she came up to me giving it the "Eh What have i fucking done, i havn't done anything, don't get on at me" proper shouting. Now i don't usually lose my cool and try and stay calm at all times but i just fucking let rip, shouted at her that she's pissing me off and to get out my face and to fuck off! (Luckily no customers in by this point) but the girls could hear me in the kitchen and said they've never seen me like that lol....Anyway i've just looked through the window outside and she has managed to put Ashtrays out but not the Sun Brollies, i was just coming away from the window when i noticed her sat on her arse having a cig! :rolleyes:

As Bar Manager i'm not a twat in my role and try to be mates with all the staff, i even stick up for them and argue with the bosses when i feel there being unfairly treated by the bosses, Like wise if the bosses have had a go at them and they deserved it i point out why they might have got a bollocking! But she's just taking the piss now and i'm gonna have a serious word with them when they get back about her attitude and laziness! Why should people work twice as hard as her only to be paid the same wage? :x
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:33 pm

Lack of communication ... I think! :|

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:46 pm

piss weak coffee (a bad start to a bad day), and nationalrail
>_<
*gnashes teeth*
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:39 pm

I got careless yesterday and downloaded a nasty virus onto my home comp. I figured, instead of going through all the crap trying to get rid of it (as I've only just reformatted it and set it up) I'll wipe it again and start from scratch....I realised this morning as I got in the car (you know when things just pop into your head) that I backed up 2 years worth of documents from my old work laptop onto that drive last week, including all the band website/myspace/artwork etc :( So it's all gone.

I know there's a copy still on the laptop and an external HDD at my old work though, so it's not a total loss, but means I have to pop in at somepoint soon and get a copy of it all...to top it off, I'm at wacken next week!!! :x

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:07 pm

forgetting about the local polish shop selling cheap ciggys :( and spending £4.80 on a usual brand instead of £3.50 :x
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

enemywithin
Consort of the Beast

Postby enemywithin » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:26 am

PEOPLE ALWAYS FECKING ASKING FOR ID :x :x :x :x

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:20 pm

enemywithin wrote:PEOPLE ALWAYS FECKING ASKING FOR ID :x :x :x :x

:lol: I hate having to ask for ID but tbh dude it's my job if didn't and served beer to someone under that age and someone found out or if if the government send in one of there kid spy things and i served them i'd get £80 on the spot fine and my employer would have an even bigger fine and have to go to a hearing to have his liscense reviewed! So don't take it as offence were just covering our backs, infact take it as a compliment that you'll probably still be a lucker when your 50 :lol:

What pissed me off i've lost my glasses in the bedroom somewhere and cant find them no matter how much i search. And went to the shop and cos im totally blind stood in fucking Dog Shit! :x
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

LouLou815
Warrior of Metal

Postby LouLou815 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:35 pm

Buggering up my arm....AGAIN!!! and then doing something to the thumb which means I can now not feel part of it!! :x
Boring sig is boring.

My facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=502606884&ref=profile (just let me know you're from the forum!)

moongoosedani
Consort of the Beast

Postby moongoosedani » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 pm

It's too bloody hot. Someone turn down the sun for me? Can't get comfy...
Arrrr. To be a good follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ye should drink much meade and surround yerself with as many buxom wenches as possible.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:42 pm

i second that, too hot to sleep
By this axe I rule

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:09 am

moongoosedani wrote:It's too bloody hot. Someone turn down the sun for me? Can't get comfy...

Mr T can turn the sun down by pitying it...although last time he did that it resulted in the Ice Age.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

moongoosedani
Consort of the Beast

Postby moongoosedani » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:46 am

MetalBeast wrote:
moongoosedani wrote:It's too bloody hot. Someone turn down the sun for me? Can't get comfy...

Mr T can turn the sun down by pitying it...although last time he did that it resulted in the Ice Age.

Y'all know Chris Slade would do it for us. He could just move the earth slightly out of orbit with a kick ass drum solo, thus making it slightly less hot. Yay! :yes:
Where is this years Chris Slade thread anyway?!
Arrrr. To be a good follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ye should drink much meade and surround yerself with as many buxom wenches as possible.