What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:00 pm

galelauk wrote:What pissed me off today is the fact that my air conditioner refused to work the whole morning

It was definitely worth signing up to a deserted message board to say that.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:39 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
galelauk wrote:What pissed me off today is the fact that my air conditioner refused to work the whole morning

It was definitely worth signing up to a deserted message board to say that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:05 am

We are still here. We are still always watching. We are merely ever more jaded and apathetic. Those pints owed are still owed.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:48 am

:eyes:

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:49 pm

And we're ever-grateful to our dark overlords.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:09 am

A little more action would be nice though.

Did Gandalf scare everyone off?

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:09 am

gavdann wrote:A little more action would be nice though.

Did Gandalf scare everyone off?

He scared Black Wizard off, and everyone else just can't be bothered

Let's see if Gandalf's still around shall we - GANDALF IS A FASCIST, GANDALF IS A FASCIST, GANDALF IS A FASCIST.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:58 pm

Whilst I still love my car, it's been a complete money black hole this entire year.

First it got rear ended and needed the entire amount of money I got from the insurers to fix it. Next, the shocks needed replacing, which Bilstein refused to have in stock - cue a desperate call to a motorsport company who recommended a cheaper set comparable to the B6s that are fitted to my model.

The aircon system stopped working over summer, which was attributed to a leak in the pipes. That was fixed, but still no aircon - probably the compressor.

The most recent is a new clutch. During this process it was discovered that the gearbox had no oil and the source of the gearbox sloppiness was traced to a part with a heavily perished bushing - that was after discovering that the clutch housing was nigh on welded to the gearbox casing by some heavily corroded pins that connect the two parts. Mechanic finally prised them apart after a week or so, only to be rewarded by the gearbox falling onto his arm and putting him out of work for a few days.

Everything else is fixed except for this gearbox part, which of course no one had in stock - Subaru quoted a possible 15 week wait for the part to be manufactured. Finally found a site in Japan that had a "90% chance" of getting it in stock... a couple of weeks after I first took a punt on it when it was the only place I could find. It's now finally making its way from Osaka.

Honestly, the affection a human can develop for a box of metal, plastic and fluids, meaning you'd do almost anything to keep it alive. A sickly but sweet natured cat would probably prove cheaper
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:47 am

Some Aussie bloke been selected to play cricket for Canada women .

This really is the centre of what is wrong in society . Firstly why would he want to and secondly why is it allowed ?? Total madness .
Imo the only way trans sports people should be allowed to play is if they've had a surgical sex change . Otherwise if you have male genitalia it's a no . Anyone who thinks otherwise is part of the problem.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:03 pm

north sea storm wrote:Some Aussie bloke been selected to play cricket for Canada women .

This really is the centre of what is wrong in society . Firstly why would he want to and secondly why is it allowed ?? Total madness .
Imo the only way trans sports people should be allowed to play is if they've had a surgical sex change . Otherwise if you have male genitalia it's a no . Anyone who thinks otherwise is part of the problem.

I thought we'd turned a corner on this stuff. Apparently not.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:25 pm

Most definitely not.

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:36 pm

Fucking hell. Is this guy still obsessing over stranger's genitalia? :lol:

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:55 pm

Yes I am when it's something ridiculous as this . Its wrong on every level and just part of what is fundamentally wrong in this country .

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:44 pm

I'm sure some would say the same about your attitude. Such is life. A respectful stance in the middle somewhere is probably what's needed, but unfortunately unlikely.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:45 pm

In regards to the cricket thing. Other sports are ruling to curb certain things, cricket has been slow on the uptake and should probably catch up.