What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
monkeynutz
Consort of the Beast

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby monkeynutz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:11 pm

siliconfury wrote:An Indian twunt as checked in a file into source control that was in conflict. It's a 5000 line XML file with 125 differences. Fucked if I'm trawling through both files merging the changes.

You'll only appreciate what I mean when you've worked with eejits and source control.

In situations like that I revert the offending change with a suitable blame comment in the log, along the lines of "Reverted changeset X because it caused problem Y". If I feel generous I will tell the individual who screwed up what I have done, but most of the time I let them figure out what I did and why. People don't learn if you spoon feed them.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Yeah I might do that. I let out a "FFS! CORRUPT FILE IN SOURCE CONTROL" style tweet on Twitter, and my boss simply responded with "I bet I know who did that".

He's aware, I'll let him sort, if nothign done by Monday I'll revert with a blame

EDIT: Also, this fucknut never leaves a comment when he checks stuff in (the field is optional on TortoiseSVN, roll on TFS).
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Feeling pretty anti-church today. That criminals like Joseph Ratzinger and Sean Brady are walking about trying to impose their narrow and dangerous dogma on us and lecturing us on morality even though THEY'RE the ones who decided the church's reputation was more important than protecting children... just really getting my goat today more than usual.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Urban Decay need to fuck off with their "kooky" packaging. I don't want a little dagger on the end of my lipstick- I'm not fourteen and pretending to be a "ROCK CHICK".
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:19 pm

It'd also be really nice if their Primer Potion didn't come in a bottle where it all gets caught in the curves and you have to literally cut it open to get it out.

I love Urban Decay but their casings are appalling.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Strapping Young Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Strapping Young Kate » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:50 pm

Really should go out tonight as it's the last time I'll see my best friend until I go and stalk her at uni (I've been generous enough to at least give her Freshers' week to make some other friends first), but I'm still feeling crappy and just wanna snuggle up in bed and watch shit TV.
Moonburp wrote:Now everyone has Daniel Radcliffe's todger burned into their retinas and I feel like it's my fault.

Turbo wrote:Dont fucking diss the Babybel, sheep shagger.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:53 pm

My 'friend' being a complete fucking geg and pretty much inviting himself round later. Lovely.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Easily impressed gym girl wasn't there today. :(
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Drummer in my old band keeps asking me about where he can find a bassist (read: unsubtley trying to beg me to rejoin the band). I don't care if you change the genre, I don't want to play metal (or with you) anymore. There. Stop trying to desperately cling onto the remains, just join another band and get over it. It was only nine months ffs.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Saw my mums new house today :( its gorgeous, like the perfect house.
I'd move in if there was another bedroom for me, but there isnt, and subsequently, there isnt really one for me at my Dad's house either, because its going to belong to my little sister when im at uni.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:31 pm

ALSO
My mum told me today she'd given my older sister two massive bags of clothes that don't fit her anymore, really nice Monsoon and Next stuff as well, that she had told her to share with me.
But of course my sister didnt tell me about it at all, she took what clothes she wanted and sold the rest and kept the money.

Fuck you. I really need some new clothes as well, she has a fucking job, she can buy clothes, i dont! :(

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:38 pm

Didnt really piss me off as to made me laugh how many hilariously pissed up people there were in Brum. Honestly, I dont generally notice because im badly chugged myself, but being sober in town has its perks.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:41 pm

I dreamt about an ex last night and woke up really missing her. Kinda shitted up my whole day.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:05 am

People not being able to spell words even remotely right in a Facebook conversation (or for that matter any web convo) right after the person they're talking to uses it and spells it correctly.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:17 am

I would quite happily pound Michael McIntyre's face into a thousand crumbly bits of face dust.

He inspires a hatred within me that I never actually realised possible.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage