What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
peypea
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby peypea » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:19 am

Can't you spin it round on him and say his whinging is offensive to your beliefs? Also he's a moron?
But he should keep that shit out of work.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:17 pm

It's basically just trying to extrapolate the whole conspiracy thing ad absurdum but actually take the most extreme scenario seriously in order to be as 'against the grain' as possible. Many conspiracy theories are implausible but the flat earth thing is one of those that has been categorically refuted thoroughly yet they can only ever resort to an ever growingly extraordinary cover-up narrative.

I don't think any official contemporary denominations of any major faith believe the earth is flat, do they? Therefore the offence card doesn't really wash...

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:46 am

Apparently they have members all around the globe....

Of course the earth is flat, how else would it stay on the turtle? :lol:

So the guy is either deluded, a wind up merchant or a Terry Pratchett fan.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Definitely deluded. He's quite odd. Only in my team because he has "been moved" from another department. He has very rigid views regarding religion, science and music and is not open to any opinion other than his own.

I think I will disturb him considerably by wearing an Orphaned Land shirt on Sunday. As we have Muslims, Jews and Christians in the dept I would love him to have a dig at the shirt/band, for the general reaction his idiocy will provoke.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Yeah, the 'move' thing is always suspect. Hopefully whatever prompted that move will happen again.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:49 pm

I certainly hope so. Thankfully I have a plentiful supply of T Shirts for him to be offended about in the mean time :D

Metalcrusader
Lowly Peon

Postby Metalcrusader » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:41 am

Nothing.....................yet :D

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Kicking the nicotine habit is harder than I thought. First attempt failed, and nearly in spectacular style.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Thrash Bandicoot
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Thrash Bandicoot » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:56 am

Been trying for a few months now myself, it's stupidly hard. I have a vape and can generally manage about 1-2 weeks on that and then I fail and start smoking again for a week.

How long you been stopped for so far?

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:34 pm

I managed a few days. I coped by a steady supply of midget gems, but my fuse was pretty short. It took a single comment to get me properly angry.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:23 pm

How absolutely evil...as if the veal calves aren't treated badly anyway
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 57876.html

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:30 pm

I am beyond pissed off that I don’t get to go to bloodstock this year or Paris with my partner because my dickwad of an old roommate didn’t pay the council tax when we were living with her so now have repossession agents knocking asking for goods of £700 worth despite us giving her more than our half, after weeks of trying to track her down (she’s completely disapeared) we have now had to use my entire pay check to pay it off :@ see y’all next year folks!
I’m ready! I’m ready! I’m ready! ;)

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:03 pm

^ Oh dear. Reminds me of when I was a student and, by chance, ended up being responsible for paying the electricity bill (I was the only one in the house when the man came to connect it up). At the end of the year some of the other students buggered off without paying me their share of the bill. They were postgrads as well and I was only a first year.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:^ Oh At the end of the year some of the other students buggered off without paying me their share of the bill. They were postgrads as well and I was only a first year.

Blimey how much was that, for students I bet the electricity bill was massive! :o
I’m ready! I’m ready! I’m ready! ;)

Black Wizard
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:04 pm

Two of my old housemates never paid me for two installments of the TV license I got for the house - that's £15 each. One of them I never want to see ever again so one could argue it's £15 well spent.