What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:33 am

impervious wrote:
Sammi Curr wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:And some bint this mornin on the motorway, fuckin comes speedin up overtakin everyone, on the inside (again! can ya not see theres 3 lanes love?), then jumps in front of me cutting me off, only to come off at the next junction anyway, coulda just stayed as she was, not weavin about tryin to cause accidents.. fuckin nobber. I wish people would just learn how to drive on the soddin motorway, then maybe it wuldnt be like wacky bloody races!!

</road rage>

Pots and kettles spring to mind.....there are three lanes on the motorway as you said, so if this "bint" had room to travel up the inside overtaking everybody, that would indicate that everybody she overtook (or rather undertook,and this evidently includes you) also need to learn how to drive on the soddin' motorway.......and STOP LANE HOGGING!!!

Fair enough for you to say in your super Lotus. It takes me 5 minutes to change lanes in my 70bhp Skoda diesel!

c'mon skodas! :yes: :lol:
Nah man, it wasn't lane hoggin, there was a big lorry so I (and prob whoever was in front) had gone to overtake it, she was in the middle lane, far behind but must have been goin fast nevertheless (she was a mile off cos I usually make sure theres loads of room to change lanes, unless its busy, cos the skoda takes a while to speed up or as my brother says, its at risk of falling apart lol)...soo why didnt she go in the outside lane if she wanted to overtake? cos when she went on the inside she only sped up to behind this lorry, so she ended up cutting in front of me.. basically it was pointless.
I know how to motorway drive my dad taught me when I got my car, hoho that was fun, taking me off at the most awkward junctions, during rush hour.. urgh

Bring on my journey home later, Bucks to Leeds via Salford :|

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:52 am

I've been up all night reinstalling Windows, only to pick up within minutes the exact same trojan that killed mIRC dead the other night.

Time to consider Linux! :lol:
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:31 am

jackcake wrote:I've been up all night reinstalling Windows, only to pick up within minutes the exact same trojan that killed mIRC dead the other night.

Time to consider Linux! :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firewall_%28networking%29 ;)
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:07 am

Funny.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:17 pm

Trying to hang up Xmas decorations at work. Very hard ceiling plaster. Very shite drawing pins. Result - Decs hung up with masses of sellotape and some new gouges in the ceiling where I lost my temper and resorted to the hammer.

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:27 pm

Back to drivers today. Why do some people overtake me, then slow down when they pull in front of me, thus forcing me to overtake them because they're now going slower than me? What's the fucking point?
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:58 pm

Samildanach wrote:Back to drivers today. Why do some people overtake me, then slow down when they pull in front of me, thus forcing me to overtake them because they're now going slower than me? What's the fucking point?

Because they are idiots.
I get that a lot on way to work, been going 45 in a 30 area (no cameras, and leading up to a 40 area: you know what its like) and had idiots tailgating me, flashing me, then undertaking me to cut me up then stopping a few hundred yards down the road in the massive queue for the motorway which spills over to all 3 fuckin lanes cause they too impatient to wait in the other two which are packed :x Makes me angry.
There are also a few smallish roundabouts with 3 lanes where left lane splits but idiots always cut into the middle lane from the right and flash and gesture angrily at you when you happen to be in their way when they're the ones who can't drive :x

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:00 pm

It makes me sad that this is 4 pages longer than the 'happy' thread... :(
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

KenShiRo
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby KenShiRo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:03 pm

when parents decide to hide band t-shirts in random draws so you'll never find them

ps i got a job interview on saturday

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm

KenShiRo wrote:when parents decide to hide band t-shirts in random draws so you'll never find them

Before I had to move back in with my family for financial (i.e. mature full-time student financial) reasons, I'd forgotten how much that kind of stuff happens. Even now, my mum still moves things she has no business touching in the first place, like CDs or books, then denies having done so. *sigh* You'd think this would have stopped by now.
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:16 pm

Big D wrote:Trying to hang up Xmas decorations at work. Very hard ceiling plaster. Very shite drawing pins. Result - Decs hung up with masses of sellotape and some new gouges in the ceiling where I lost my temper and resorted to the hammer.

My girlfriend said "can I please put the decorations up,puhleeese???"
I swear on my dead mothers grave that not two minutes had passed before she was puffing and blowing,then cursing,then throwing a strop,"these drawing pins ARE RUBBISH!
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

MetalTeam_Luci
Consort of the Beast

Postby MetalTeam_Luci » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:02 am

Samildanach wrote:
KenShiRo wrote:when parents decide to hide band t-shirts in random draws so you'll never find them

Before I had to move back in with my family for financial (i.e. mature full-time student financial) reasons, I'd forgotten how much that kind of stuff happens. Even now, my mum still moves things she has no business touching in the first place, like CDs or books, then denies having done so. *sigh* You'd think this would have stopped by now.

It doesn't matter how old you are, parents love to interfere and it is what they do best! When I moved back in with my mum at the tender age of 19, she still rooted through my drawers "tidying up" and moving stuff around. The worse thing was, when I asked her why she had moved my tshirt/cd/wallet she denyed even being in my room! And she also picked up CD's like "whats this? this looks disgusting" or even worse "what are you doing buying cds? you should be spending your money on clothes".

What pissed me off today? The weather. I am freezing this morning!!!

chazzyf
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby chazzyf » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:48 pm

President Bush and Sarbannes Fucking Oxley - Die, Die, Die, Die, Die!

You are making my life a nightmare of paperwork for every little poxy IT change, you bastards! Layers upon layers of Change Control do not mean that the end result is any better than it would have been before!

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:57 pm

Couldnt find my keys this morning, and ended up being 45 mins late for work. i found them eventually when i decided to give up looking and go round to my mums to get the spare set. when i shut the door behind me i heard a very distinct rattle, they were still in the door from me opening it last night., and had been there all night.
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:08 am

Just bought the reissues of the Sisters' 'Floodland' and 'Vision Thing', got home to find that there were no discs in either of them. Got to brave the hordes of Xmas shoppers tomorrow to swap 'em :x
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11