What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:34 pm

The other day I orderd a doctor who cd off play.com it's one of theose 60's "missing" story ones. Anyway I open the package and whats in it, a cd of an x rated blue comedian that I've never heard of. So I've got someones cd and they've got my Dr Who one. It'd be funny if it wasn't such a pain in the arse to send them back.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:39 pm

Davros wrote:It'd be funny if it wasn't such a pain in the arse to send them back.

So don't. It's not your problem. They've sent you something you haven't ordered, and haven't fulfilled the order you placed. If they want it back, let them come and collect it. And chase them to find out why they haven't shipped your order yet.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:58 pm

After an 11 hour shift,deciding to cook sausages in the chip pan to save time and managing to spray hot oil all over my hand.Twat.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:22 pm

Turning up to the Battle Of The Bands meeting tonight, to find out that me, Ell and some of the radio crew were the only ones who turned up.

I'm co-chair and can cover 1 point on an 8 point agenda.

Although I did end up drinking with some other campus metallers!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:21 am

Davros wrote:The other day I orderd a doctor who cd off play.com it's one of theose 60's "missing" story ones. Anyway I open the package and whats in it, a cd of an x rated blue comedian that I've never heard of. So I've got someones cd and they've got my Dr Who one. It'd be funny if it wasn't such a pain in the arse to send them back.

:lol: That once happened to me with Amazon. I wonder who ordered those Motown collections and what they thought of my order of Electric Wizard and Accept CDs.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:48 am

Big D wrote:My own pillock-ness. Thanks to a brainfart moment on Ebay I now have two copies of X- The Movie. One of them a bootleg. A German bootleg.

:lol: :lol:
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:12 pm

Big D wrote:My own pillock-ness. Thanks to a brainfart moment on Ebay I now have two copies of X- The Movie. One of them a bootleg. A German bootleg.

Haha, I've done that with a game before. Meant to get Game + Sequel ended up with two copies of the sequel...

Anyway Davros, it's a ballache to post back but just send it back in the packaging it came in. Play will refund your postage on returns too which is more than a lot of companies will do.

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:33 pm

Davros wrote:The other day I orderd a doctor who cd off play.com it's one of theose 60's "missing" story ones. Anyway I open the package and whats in it, a cd of an x rated blue comedian that I've never heard of. So I've got someones cd and they've got my Dr Who one. It'd be funny if it wasn't such a pain in the arse to send them back.

Happened to me about 3 years ago at xmas,ordered the Cradle of Filth "heavy,left handed and candid "dvd,received a Russel Watson cd instead!
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:52 pm

Another brainfart. This time I managd to leave my cashcard in the machine. A minute or so later I twigged and trotted back.
Gone.
Bugger.
I did the only thing I could do. I cancelled the card and spent the bus journey home praying for whoever took it to die of something nasty. Possibly involving anal bleeding.

Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Harry » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:20 pm

Whilst getting an awesome hazard perception score, I failed my driving theory test by one mark on the multiple guess.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:53 pm

Harry wrote:I failed my driving theory test by one mark on the multiple guess.

Without meaning to sound cruel, how? It was so piss easy, I thought it all but impossible to fail.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:56 pm

I've made the mistake of thinking about things again, which has resulted in me being pissed off and not being able to do anything to solve what it is that is pissing me off. which ultimatly pisses me off even more.
I should really have learnt to just ignore deep thought by now, and live in my own little dream world in air head land like little girls should :rolleyes:

:cuss:

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:59 am

Big D wrote:Another brainfart. This time I managd to leave my cashcard in the machine. A minute or so later I twigged and trotted back.
Gone.
Bugger.
I did the only thing I could do. I cancelled the card and spent the bus journey home praying for whoever took it to die of something nasty. Possibly involving anal bleeding.

The machine may have also swallowed it, check the bank.
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:01 am

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:
Big D wrote:Another brainfart. This time I managd to leave my cashcard in the machine. A minute or so later I twigged and trotted back.
Gone.
Bugger.

The Banks aren't usually allowed to give the cards back, or even tell you if it has been swallowed. I think they remove them at a fixed time, then send them back to the owners bank where they are destroyed and a replacement sent.

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:15 pm

angel_of_death wrote:
lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:
Gone.
Bugger.

The Banks aren't usually allowed to give the cards back, or even tell you if it has been swallowed. I think they remove them at a fixed time, then send them back to the owners bank where they are destroyed and a replacement sent.

I did ask them this morning and it does seem likely that this is what happened. Apparently it swallows the card if it isn't reclaimed after a certain time.
So that's a much nicer vision than some chavette using my card to fund her cheap jewellery habit.
Thanks for that.