What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Fjar
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Fjar » Thu May 13, 2010 11:57 am

Everytime my Hobgoblin pint glass disappears from the kitchen cupboard, I'm worried it's being mistreated or gonna get broken by one of my housemates. If they do break it (nay, if they evern CHIP it), I'm insisting they buy me another. Should have just kept it in my cupboard.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Thu May 13, 2010 12:13 pm

metalsam wrote:
clare-l wrote:The history of international relations from 1914.
Also the fact it's ANOTHER holiday day in France. Today is the 13th of May and in May we've had the 1st, 8th and 13th with everything shut and this one isn't the last. Arghhh.

And there was me thinking the French were lazy and useless :lol: :D

It's just a bank holiday, we have them in the UK too. it's just a pisser that four of them happen in May. There's hardy any the rest of the year - I think the only other full day off since I've been here was November 11th. But you know, any excuse to break out the full-of-shit stereotypes. I forget it's cool to hate the French.

Skuld
Leather Rebel

Postby Skuld » Thu May 13, 2010 1:34 pm

France is awesome. We could take a few lessons from them.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Thu May 13, 2010 1:46 pm

Skuld wrote:France is awesome. We could take a few lessons from them.

While the place has it's faults, so much about here is far superior to the British counterpart.

Now what's pissing me off is the history of the league of nations and the events leading up to the second world war.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Thu May 13, 2010 1:53 pm

My opinion on the French has changed since our French housemate moved in. He makes awesome food for us and is generally a great guy.
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Thu May 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Amoxycillin tastes like ass.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu May 13, 2010 2:44 pm

metalsam wrote:Amoxycillin tastes like ass.

take it with water?

isn't it in plastic capsules anyway?
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Thu May 13, 2010 2:56 pm

missed a package being delivered this morning, they left one of those wee slips saying to pick it up from the post office

rather than taking it to the post office just round the corner they took it to the one down the bottom of town.

when I finally got down to the office i gave the guy the slip , he went in the back to look for it , came back and said "oh it wont be here for another 48 hours" WTF :? :x
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu May 13, 2010 3:28 pm

wintermourn wrote:missed a package being delivered this morning, they left one of those wee slips saying to pick it up from the post office

rather than taking it to the post office just round the corner they took it to the one down the bottom of town.

when I finally got down to the office i gave the guy the slip , he went in the back to look for it , came back and said "oh it wont be here for another 48 hours" WTF :? :x

City Link are much worse for this kind of thing.

The Toad
Paster of Muppets

Postby The Toad » Thu May 13, 2010 3:33 pm

One of my modules has utterly fucked my grades up, which means that I've got to spend tomorrow ranting at them to sort it out. Arse.

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Thu May 13, 2010 4:06 pm

I felt the burn. Yeehoo.
ImageImageImage

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Thu May 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Atari Teenage Riot played London last night and I missed it. Balls.
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu May 13, 2010 4:20 pm

NeglectedField wrote:
wintermourn wrote:missed a package being delivered this morning, they left one of those wee slips saying to pick it up from the post office

City Link are much worse for this kind of thing.

Worst of all, from the senders point of view, is DHL. Half the time they'll get a contractor to deliver it, who won't know where they're going, get lost, say the person was out and send the parcel back. Or they'll say they put a card through, and hold on the parcel for a week, despite calls for them to deliver it, then send it back. Or try to deliver, then "attempt redelivery", saying they left a card (they don't), do this three times, then CHARGE us to send it back undelivered. It's a PITA.

Royal Mail also have a very arcane system, where one sorting/collection office will service a wide area. Because the Post Office is technically a different company (it's weird), they will rarely go to the nearest post office to you, they'll go to the area sorting office. City Link I've only ever used for premium services because they are so much more expensive than DHL, but if you can get the sender (who is paying them and has a lot more clout than the mere receiver) to phone them up they can quite often be pretty good about getting it out for you the next day, very early in the morning.

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Thu May 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Motivation to do anything has flown out of the window so am going to enjoy an evening of Eastenders and Fantasia . . . :D
ImageImageImage

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu May 13, 2010 4:39 pm

After paying for various things I have 1 kronor and 82 öre left in my back account. No money's going in until the 28th or so and my graduation is in a couple of weeks. I am fucked.