What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon
Posts: 7717
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: Brizzle

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu May 27, 2010 3:41 pm

RB2610 wrote:What I mean is, say if you were invited to eat at the home of someone in one of those countries, and said you didn't eat meat, there first reaction would be likely to be shock and some level of insultedness (probably not a word xD )


Surely you'd be sensible and check beforehand if you were a vegetarian just in case you insulted someone?
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

User avatar
RedTeamWins
Denim Demon
Posts: 8970
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:32 am
Location: SPACE!

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu May 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Well yeah, and if my brother came home with a massive lip disc like one of those african tribes I'm sure my parents would freak out too, but unless they're completely retarded they should be able to see the reasoning behind getting one if it were explained to them.

Just because vegetarianism isn't practised in some places dosen't really add or detract from it's right-ness. In fact the moment you try and talk about lifestyle choices being right or wrong you're going to hit a stalemate.
Last edited by RedTeamWins on Thu May 27, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Womble
Denim Demon
Posts: 4563
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Womble » Thu May 27, 2010 3:41 pm

The Toad wrote:Wearing clothes isn't natural either. That doesn't mean we should all run around naked!


Actually, we lost our fur/body hair through evolution in favour for animal pelts to avoid fleas and to have generally better hygene.

The Toad
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1930
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:42 am
Location: Newcastle under Lyme

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby The Toad » Thu May 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Womble wrote:
The Toad wrote:Wearing clothes isn't natural either. That doesn't mean we should all run around naked!


Actually, we lost our fur/body hair through evolution in favour for animal pelts to avoid fleas and to have generally better hygene.


Fair enough. The point can easily be made with tattoos or piercings though. Or hair dye. Or any one of the myriad 'unnatural' things that we do as humans.

Generally, I find the reaction to not eating meat odd. It's not that hard a concept to grasp. I don't like meat, therefore I don't eat it. I don't like tomato ketchup either, and I don't eat that. If I were stranded in the wild with nothing else to eat, I'd eat the nearest animal with a bottle of ketchup.

It's a choice thing. We're all priviliged enough to be able to live in a society where we can eat or not eat what we like. Good, isn't it? :)
Image

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jobdone » Thu May 27, 2010 3:53 pm

The Toad wrote:It's a choice thing. We're all priviliged enough to be able to live in a society where we can eat or not eat what we like. Good, isn't it? :)


Hippy bastards.

When the hell are The Party going to finally take over?
Image

The Toad
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1930
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:42 am
Location: Newcastle under Lyme

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby The Toad » Thu May 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Jobdone wrote:
The Toad wrote:It's a choice thing. We're all priviliged enough to be able to live in a society where we can eat or not eat what we like. Good, isn't it? :)


Hippy bastards.

When the hell are The Party going to finally take over?


I am a dirty hippy. I'm a green party candidate and everything!
Image

User avatar
Big D
Denim Demon
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Big D » Thu May 27, 2010 4:00 pm

WPMOT? - Boss quietly pulled me aside and asked me if I could stop punching my computer when it freezes.

User avatar
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu May 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Everything. :x
Image

User avatar
Womble
Denim Demon
Posts: 4563
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Womble » Thu May 27, 2010 4:04 pm

The Toad wrote:
Womble wrote:
The Toad wrote:Wearing clothes isn't natural either. That doesn't mean we should all run around naked!


Actually, we lost our fur/body hair through evolution in favour for animal pelts to avoid fleas and to have generally better hygene.


Fair enough. The point can easily be made with tattoos or piercings though. Or hair dye. Or any one of the myriad 'unnatural' things that we do as humans.

Generally, I find the reaction to not eating meat odd. It's not that hard a concept to grasp. I don't like meat, therefore I don't eat it. I don't like tomato ketchup either, and I don't eat that. If I were stranded in the wild with nothing else to eat, I'd eat the nearest animal with a bottle of ketchup.

It's a choice thing. We're all priviliged enough to be able to live in a society where we can eat or not eat what we like. Good, isn't it? :)


I wasn't criticising you, I just felt like flaunting some Biology. :p

The Toad
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1930
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:42 am
Location: Newcastle under Lyme

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby The Toad » Thu May 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Womble wrote:
Fair enough. The point can easily be made with tattoos or piercings though. Or hair dye. Or any one of the myriad 'unnatural' things that we do as humans.

Generally, I find the reaction to not eating meat odd. It's not that hard a concept to grasp. I don't like meat, therefore I don't eat it. I don't like tomato ketchup either, and I don't eat that. If I were stranded in the wild with nothing else to eat, I'd eat the nearest animal with a bottle of ketchup.

It's a choice thing. We're all priviliged enough to be able to live in a society where we can eat or not eat what we like. Good, isn't it? :)


I wasn't criticising you, I just felt like flaunting some Biology. :p[/quote]

I suspected that. I just felt like having a ramble. I'm incredibly bored at the moment! :)
Image

User avatar
Prometherion91
Denim Demon
Posts: 7754
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:45 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Prometherion91 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Lost my bus pass. Looks like I'm walking to and from college until study leave.

Actually, fuck the bus. It's too slow anyway. *spite*
Womble wrote:Petri isn't fat. He's just ribbed for her pleasure.

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby CrapyMike » Thu May 27, 2010 4:16 pm

just had a text, new guy at work whos been trensferred from london. not management, 30 hour contract, yet i was told the best contract available for non management in Blacks was 24 hours, also he gets double pay for working extra hours, nobody else i know of in the company gets that. apparently, staff in london get much better contracts. fuck them :x
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
clare-l
Denim Demon
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:49 pm
Location: berkshire

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby clare-l » Thu May 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Haven't revised, again. I miss having a housemate who'd confiscate my dvds/internet cable when I asked her to.
Image

User avatar
metalsam
Denim Demon
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Bristol / London
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby metalsam » Thu May 27, 2010 4:20 pm

How fucking annoying are the new Nandos adverts on spotify? It's actually putting me off eating there.

User avatar
RedTeamWins
Denim Demon
Posts: 8970
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:32 am
Location: SPACE!

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu May 27, 2010 4:22 pm

^ Don't let it change your mind, Nandos is sooooooo good.