What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Samildanach
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1007
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:46 am
Location: Gwynedd, North Wales
Contact:

Postby Samildanach » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:37 pm

Lick Mars wrote:My throat is killing me!

Well quit licking Mars. That thing's covered in germs.
























I'm sorry, I'll go now. :(
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

User avatar
Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead
Posts: 5748
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:14 pm
Location: Hartlepool

Postby Lisa McNally » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:41 pm

A lovely power cut! Sitting in the dark (well with a few tea lights) for about 50 minutes makes you realise how much you rely on the old electricity!

User avatar
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: York, baby

Postby Twaddlefish » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:50 pm

dragonmaiden wrote:A lovely power cut! Sitting in the dark (well with a few tea lights) for about 50 minutes makes you realise how much you rely on the old electricity!


It's everyone putting on the oven/kettle in anticipation of Top Gear!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.



Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

User avatar
Lick Mars
I am the Law!
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby Lick Mars » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:46 pm

Samildanach wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:My throat is killing me!

Well quit licking Mars. That thing's covered in germs.



I'm sorry, I'll go now. :(

:rofl: That is so wrong :|
Image

User avatar
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: York, baby

Postby Twaddlefish » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:05 pm

Lick Mars wrote:
Samildanach wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:My throat is killing me!

Well quit licking Mars. That thing's covered in germs.



I'm sorry, I'll go now. :(

:rofl: That is so wrong :|


Think how Mars felt! :D
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.



Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

User avatar
Lick Mars
I am the Law!
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:31 am

^lol. Joking aside, I am actually still dying of sore throat and cough today, GAH! second time I've been ill this month (well, 3rd if you count a bad hangover)
Image

User avatar
Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon
Posts: 3195
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:06 pm
Location: Dewsbury
Contact:

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:25 pm

I'm ill for the second time in a month too! :x
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

ribbons69
Denim Demon
Posts: 5160
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:04 pm
Location: The howling edge

Postby ribbons69 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:33 pm

ribbons69 wrote:Got made redundant today :(
I haven't been out of work for twenty years,what are you supposed to do with yourself all day?

First of all,thanks to everyone who has posted messages of support,it's genuinely appreciated.
Been for my first interview today at "jobcentreplus" fuck me it's hard work,they treat you like a criminal just because you've lost your job.Apparently I have to visit the place twice a week,and apply for 3 jobs each week,or lose my benefit.I pointed out that I hadn't actually recieved a penny of benefit yet,but that fell on stoney ground.Tossers. :cuss:
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,


we fall to rise

User avatar
Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead
Posts: 5748
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:14 pm
Location: Hartlepool

Postby Lisa McNally » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:08 pm

ribbons69 wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:Got made redundant today :(
I haven't been out of work for twenty years,what are you supposed to do with yourself all day?
Been for my first interview today at "jobcentreplus" fuck me it's hard work,they treat you like a criminal just because you've lost your job.Apparently I have to visit the place twice a week,and apply for 3 jobs each week,or lose my benefit.I pointed out that I hadn't actually recieved a penny of benefit yet,but that fell on stoney ground.Tossers. :cuss:


:eyes: **creeps away and hides**

Xzar
Denim Demon
Posts: 4109
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:27 pm

Postby Xzar » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:22 pm

The job centre staff are a bunch of tossers though!

The other week I went with my mum to sort out her bereavement benefit or something, why you have to do it at the job centre is beyond me, but anyway... the desks are all laid out in the open plan centre which I'm sure some feng-shui interior design idiot thought was fabulous but the woman interviewing my mum proceeded to go through an interview on an extremely sensitive and upsetting subject in full sight AND earshot of about 20 people in the waiting area, various people browsing the terminals, and all the other staff! I was fuming!

That and their stupid terminals, dispite me physically selecting boxes on a map that I want LOCAL jobs from, still seem to think that Aberdeen and Devon and suchlike are 'local' places to me...

User avatar
Fatboy
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: The Bloodstock Signing Tent
Contact:

Postby Fatboy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:42 pm

dragonmaiden wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:Got made redundant today :(
I haven't been out of work for twenty years,what are you supposed to do with yourself all day?
Been for my first interview today at "jobcentreplus" fuck me it's hard work,they treat you like a criminal just because you've lost your job.Apparently I have to visit the place twice a week,and apply for 3 jobs each week,or lose my benefit.I pointed out that I hadn't actually recieved a penny of benefit yet,but that fell on stoney ground.Tossers. :cuss:


:eyes: **creeps away and hides**
:lol: :lol:

User avatar
The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:16 am
Location: Ossett, Wakefield West Yorkshire
Contact:

Postby The Warlord » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:56 pm

Found out UFC 70 is gonna be at MEN Arena, which made me happy but then i ws pissed off 2 find out theyve only got the £150 upwards tickets left! :cry:
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!


Image

User avatar
KenShiRo
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:20 pm

Postby KenShiRo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:43 pm

dragonmaiden wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:Got made redundant today :(
I haven't been out of work for twenty years,what are you supposed to do with yourself all day?
Been for my first interview today at "jobcentreplus" fuck me it's hard work,they treat you like a criminal just because you've lost your job.Apparently I have to visit the place twice a week,and apply for 3 jobs each week,or lose my benefit.I pointed out that I hadn't actually recieved a penny of benefit yet,but that fell on stoney ground.Tossers. :cuss:


:eyes: **creeps away and hides**


when you live in a run down glass town that doesn't make any glass and there are few jobs you get used to being on the dole, I want a career damn it!!!

anyway the job centre lives in a bubble, just tell them what they want to hear basically, it's worked long enough for me, I might just get a job in a shop if no one gives me an admin job soon

and there system for applying for jobs is crap: go to job centre, get bothered by chavs, print job details off machines, go home and phone up so they'll send you the details to apply for the job, get the details 2 days later and discovering the closing date has already been, it's too much hassle!!!

why can't I just do the whole thing online, like go on there site find the job, put in my national insurance number and get the details for applying there and then

User avatar
lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon
Posts: 6210
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:46 am
Location: Birkenhead, Wirral
Contact:

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:58 pm

KenShiRo wrote:
why can't I just do the whole thing online, like go on there site find the job, put in my national insurance number and get the details for applying there and then


because thats too easy
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Image

ribbons69
Denim Demon
Posts: 5160
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:04 pm
Location: The howling edge

Postby ribbons69 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:28 am

Virgin media (formerly NTL) no longer showing Sky one and Sky sports news,fuckin' tightwads.So what exactly am I paying my cable subscription for,ITV2? :x
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,


we fall to rise