What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:37 pm

Lick Mars wrote:My throat is killing me!

Well quit licking Mars. That thing's covered in germs.

I'm sorry, I'll go now. :(
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:41 pm

A lovely power cut! Sitting in the dark (well with a few tea lights) for about 50 minutes makes you realise how much you rely on the old electricity!

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:50 pm

dragonmaiden wrote:A lovely power cut! Sitting in the dark (well with a few tea lights) for about 50 minutes makes you realise how much you rely on the old electricity!

It's everyone putting on the oven/kettle in anticipation of Top Gear!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:46 pm

Samildanach wrote:

:rofl: That is so wrong :|

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:05 pm

Lick Mars wrote:
Samildanach wrote:

:rofl: That is so wrong :|

Think how Mars felt! :D
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:31 am

^lol. Joking aside, I am actually still dying of sore throat and cough today, GAH! second time I've been ill this month (well, 3rd if you count a bad hangover)

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:25 pm

I'm ill for the second time in a month too! :x
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:33 pm

ribbons69 wrote:Got made redundant today :(
I haven't been out of work for twenty years,what are you supposed to do with yourself all day?

First of all,thanks to everyone who has posted messages of support,it's genuinely appreciated.
Been for my first interview today at "jobcentreplus" fuck me it's hard work,they treat you like a criminal just because you've lost your job.Apparently I have to visit the place twice a week,and apply for 3 jobs each week,or lose my benefit.I pointed out that I hadn't actually recieved a penny of benefit yet,but that fell on stoney ground.Tossers. :cuss:
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:08 pm

ribbons69 wrote:
I haven't been out of work for twenty years,what are you supposed to do with yourself all day?
Been for my first interview today at "jobcentreplus" fuck me it's hard work,they treat you like a criminal just because you've lost your job.Apparently I have to visit the place twice a week,and apply for 3 jobs each week,or lose my benefit.I pointed out that I hadn't actually recieved a penny of benefit yet,but that fell on stoney ground.Tossers. :cuss:

:eyes: **creeps away and hides**

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:22 pm

The job centre staff are a bunch of tossers though!

The other week I went with my mum to sort out her bereavement benefit or something, why you have to do it at the job centre is beyond me, but anyway... the desks are all laid out in the open plan centre which I'm sure some feng-shui interior design idiot thought was fabulous but the woman interviewing my mum proceeded to go through an interview on an extremely sensitive and upsetting subject in full sight AND earshot of about 20 people in the waiting area, various people browsing the terminals, and all the other staff! I was fuming!

That and their stupid terminals, dispite me physically selecting boxes on a map that I want LOCAL jobs from, still seem to think that Aberdeen and Devon and suchlike are 'local' places to me...

Fatboy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Fatboy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:42 pm

dragonmaiden wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:56 pm

Found out UFC 70 is gonna be at MEN Arena, which made me happy but then i ws pissed off 2 find out theyve only got the £150 upwards tickets left! :cry:
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

KenShiRo
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby KenShiRo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:43 pm

dragonmaiden wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:

when you live in a run down glass town that doesn't make any glass and there are few jobs you get used to being on the dole, I want a career damn it!!!

anyway the job centre lives in a bubble, just tell them what they want to hear basically, it's worked long enough for me, I might just get a job in a shop if no one gives me an admin job soon

and there system for applying for jobs is crap: go to job centre, get bothered by chavs, print job details off machines, go home and phone up so they'll send you the details to apply for the job, get the details 2 days later and discovering the closing date has already been, it's too much hassle!!!

why can't I just do the whole thing online, like go on there site find the job, put in my national insurance number and get the details for applying there and then

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:58 pm

KenShiRo wrote:
why can't I just do the whole thing online, like go on there site find the job, put in my national insurance number and get the details for applying there and then

because thats too easy
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:28 am

Virgin media (formerly NTL) no longer showing Sky one and Sky sports news,fuckin' tightwads.So what exactly am I paying my cable subscription for,ITV2? :x
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise