What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Big D
Denim Demon
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Postby Big D » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:32 am

ribbons69 wrote:Virgin media (formerly NTL) no longer showing Sky one and Sky sports news,fuckin' tightwads.So what exactly am I paying my cable subscription for,ITV2? :x


That's a big hole ripped out of your cable package. I know I'd be more than a little miffed.
Anything else gone AWOL?

ribbons69
Denim Demon
Posts: 5160
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:04 pm
Location: The howling edge

Postby ribbons69 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:37 am

It's all the Sky non premium channels that have gone.Sky one,news,sports news,Sky 2 and the holiday channels that noone watches.So what I'm left with is not much better than freeview.I'll give them a couple of weeks to reach a compromise and if nothing changes It'll be getting cancelled.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,


we fall to rise

89cruefan
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: bristol bierkeller

Postby 89cruefan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:02 am

english weather

User avatar
KenShiRo
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:20 pm

Postby KenShiRo » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:31 pm

ribbons69 wrote:It's all the Sky non premium channels that have gone.Sky one,news,sports news,Sky 2 and the holiday channels that noone watches.So what I'm left with is not much better than freeview.I'll give them a couple of weeks to reach a compromise and if nothing changes It'll be getting cancelled.


what about UKTV Gold and G2, anyway have you seen the price of sky, it's a rip off!!!

and the discovery channel has a few car/bike building shows which are worth watching when nothing else is

virgin media's answer to not having sky one is to show all their top series through the on demand/teleport service

User avatar
Lorri
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:35 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Contact:

Postby Lorri » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:53 pm

I too am thoroughly pissed off that Sky One has been pulled from my cable package, since it's the only bloody channel I regularly watch!
Virgin Media have said they are gonna show Lost but what about shows like Bones, 24 & BattleStar Gallactica? I don't give a rat's ass about all the other shit they are planning to air to 'make up for it'!

Virgin whine about how unfair it is blah blah but let's face it , since the two
companies are in direct competition it was only a matter of time before
Sky were gonna pull this one.

I'd switch my whole package to Sky in a heartbeat but I point blank refuse to have a BT phone line :x
So 'Old Metal' I p*ss rust

User avatar
Lick Mars
I am the Law!
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby Lick Mars » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:24 pm

my throat :x :cry: STILL! I want my tonsils removed and beaten to a bloody pulp.
Image

User avatar
Lorri
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:35 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Contact:

Postby Lorri » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:46 pm

Lick Mars wrote:my throat :x :cry: STILL! I want my tonsils removed and beaten to a bloody pulp.


My son had swollen tonsils for the whole of half term.
Got some anti-biotics after 4 days as it hadn't cleared up & was better in time to go back to school.
Now he has got it back again , two weeks later, just in time to spoil his
Paintball birthday party :(

So he is pretty pissed off with his tonsils too!
So 'Old Metal' I p*ss rust

Xzar
Denim Demon
Posts: 4109
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:27 pm

Postby Xzar » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:14 pm

You don't need a BT phone line to have Sky do you? Ours isn't connected to the phone at all and works fine!

User avatar
Lick Mars
I am the Law!
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby Lick Mars » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:44 pm

Lorri wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:my throat :x :cry: STILL! I want my tonsils removed and beaten to a bloody pulp.


My son had swollen tonsils for the whole of half term.
Got some anti-biotics after 4 days as it hadn't cleared up & was better in time to go back to school.
Now he has got it back again , two weeks later, just in time to spoil his
Paintball birthday party :(

So he is pretty pissed off with his tonsils too!

awww, that sucks! But you know, thats similar to me. I had swollen tonsills at the beginning of february, got some anti-biotics, it went away, and now its back. :| I feel his pain! literally!
Image

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2842
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:56 pm

Postby Ross » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:28 am

Being quoted 2 grand for my car insurance :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Faceshredder
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:09 am
Location: Trowbridge/Bath
Contact:

Postby Faceshredder » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:38 am

My stitches still arent ready to come out and im fucked off being stuck in bed with a fuckin hole in my side ( fuckin burst Apendix ! ) already missed 2 rehearsals , doesnt look like ill be singing next week either , balls :evil: :(
CNT ! All thats missing is U !

Myspace.com/faceshredder

4WK= " S.A.S. Metal - go in , take out the bad guys , get the fuck clear ! "
http://www.myspace.com/fourwaykill

ribbons69
Denim Demon
Posts: 5160
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:04 pm
Location: The howling edge

Postby ribbons69 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:10 pm

Xzar wrote:You don't need a BT phone line to have Sky do you? Ours isn't connected to the phone at all and works fine!

You always had to have a phone line to get the free equipment and installation deal.No,sky doesnt require a phone line to work,but if you haven't got one the price might be extortionate(well,even more than it is now)
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,


we fall to rise

User avatar
lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon
Posts: 6210
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:46 am
Location: Birkenhead, Wirral
Contact:

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:44 pm

Faceshredder wrote:My stitches still arent ready to come out and im fucked off being stuck in bed with a fuckin hole in my side ( fuckin burst Apendix ! ) already missed 2 rehearsals , doesnt look like ill be singing next week either , balls :evil: :(


hope you get well soon man and get out there and bust some heads!!
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Image

User avatar
jackcake
Denim Demon
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Moseley, Birmingham

Postby jackcake » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:43 pm

Ross wrote:Being quoted 2 grand for my car insurance :lol: :lol:


Are you driving a tank?

I paid £780 for 10 months cover on my wee Corsa.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

User avatar
Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord
Posts: 3550
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:14 pm

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:34 pm

Ross wrote:Being quoted 2 grand for my car insurance :lol: :lol:


Sounds fairly reasonable.....I had a quote for 9 grand a few years back!
WARNING:!
The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion.
These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.
Reader discretion is advised.