What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Turbo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:31 pm

I just feel otherwise quite down. Im the department scape goat by the looks of things.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:51 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:
Danroush wrote:
some_thing_wild wrote:I can play guitar

Practice more, join a band then practice/write some songs

I have so far started 4 bands, all of which have fallen apart coz everyone is a little bitch and cant write for shit. And they're alwas obsessed with doing shit covers. And everone round here either loves deathcore or pop-punk. I don't want anythng to do with eithe of these.

The punk band fell part because thother gitarist, who was in fact a bassist and refused to play bass anymore coz it was boring demanded to include br00tal breakdowns. And I couldn't stand the people in the pop punk band, they'd sold out before we'd even written anything.

fair enough about the genre thing, but you could write some stuff in the meantime i suppose
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Managed to knacker my left toe somehow.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:59 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:I have so far started 4 bands, all of which have fallen apart coz everyone is a little bitch and cant write for shit. And they're alwas obsessed with doing shit covers.

Well, here's what you need to do:

a) Write the material yourself.
b) decide on covers yourself, or kind of crowbar them in (ask metalsam how he feels about Lavatory Love Machine)
c) Explain how you can sell out before you even start a band.

No offence meant by this, but if you don't have the cojones to put your foot down in YOUR band, then maybe you're not the band-leader type.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:It was a group interview with about 14 other people, and the main part of it involved partnering up with another person and spending some time finding stuff out about them, then at the end of that you had to get up with that person and tell everyone else what you'd learnt about them. So it wasn't really an interview to find out how much experience or whatever you have, it was to see how your personality is. The guy I was with though was a bit of a twunt, he forgot half the things I told him so that's probably impeded my chance greatly. I'd have much rather told everyone myself. :ugh:

Then we just had to answer some simple questions, like what we know about GAME as a company, and various 'what would you do in x situation' questions. Aaand that was it.

i hate interviews like that :ugh: my one at gamestation was a bit about personality, what games you like, stuff like that, then a team work exercise, then a customer service scenario recommending a game. i think all interviews should be like that :)
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:08 pm

CrapyMike wrote:
Ensorcelled wrote:It was a group interview with about 14 other people, and the main part of it involved partnering up with another person and spending some time finding stuff out about them, then at the end of that you had to get up with that person and tell everyone else what you'd learnt about them. So it wasn't really an interview to find out how much experience or whatever you have, it was to see how your personality is. The guy I was with though was a bit of a twunt, he forgot half the things I told him so that's probably impeded my chance greatly. I'd have much rather told everyone myself. :ugh:

Then we just had to answer some simple questions, like what we know about GAME as a company, and various 'what would you do in x situation' questions. Aaand that was it.

i hate interviews like that :ugh: my one at gamestation was a bit about personality, what games you like, stuff like that, then a team work exercise, then a customer service scenario recommending a game. i think all interviews should be like that :)

Did something similar when I worked at ASDA. Piece of piss if you have fundamental people skills.

Twaddlefish wrote:b) decide on covers yourself, or kind of crowbar them in (ask metalsam how he feels about Lavatory Love Machine).

:lol: :lol:
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:11 pm

Generally feeling meh and blah at the moment. Cba with fresher's fair tomorrow, cba with moving into house Monday, cba with lectures or seminars or reading, seriously pissed off that i don't get to see blokey for 7 weeks and he wouldn't come see me this weekend. Poo.
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Danroush wrote:
some_thing_wild wrote:I have so far started 4 bands, all of which have fallen apart coz everyone is a little bitch and cant write for shit. And they're alwas obsessed with doing shit covers. And everone round here either loves deathcore or pop-punk. I don't want anythng to do with eithe of these.

The punk band fell part because thother gitarist, who was in fact a bassist and refused to play bass anymore coz it was boring demanded to include br00tal breakdowns. And I couldn't stand the people in the pop punk band, they'd sold out before we'd even written anything.

fair enough about the genre thing, but you could write some stuff in the meantime i suppose

I have wrote some intense stuff. Played something the other day and the guitarist of the band im currently in (which is doig nothing and going nowhere) looked at me as if to say 'I cant do that' and then convinced the drummer that we should stick to covers for the time being.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Dude, if it's YOUR band, put your fucking foot down and say "No. We're an originals band. If you don't like it, there's the fucking door"

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:16 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:
Danroush wrote:
some_thing_wild wrote:I have so far started 4 bands, all of which have fallen apart coz everyone is a little bitch and cant write for shit. And they're alwas obsessed with doing shit covers. And everone round here either loves deathcore or pop-punk. I don't want anythng to do with eithe of these.

I have wrote some intense stuff. Played something the other day and the guitarist of the band im currently in (which is doig nothing and going nowhere) looked at me as if to say 'I cant do that' and then convinced the drummer that we should stick to covers for the time being.

Alex replied to you better than I did, go read his post instead :lol:

times 2 now
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Oh fs, turns out new house doesn't have internet sorted, also it might not even be ready in time for me to move in on Monday! Really not happy about this house, I wasn't happy with it at the beginning but my mother forced me into it saying 'nothing else will come along', when that very afternoon two people then contacted me. ARGH. I'm stuck with this expensive house until end of september next year too, which is going to make finding a house for next year difficult as most require rent to be paid from July.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:33 pm

Where abouts is it?

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:36 pm

It's just off Lawrence Street. So at least it's a good location, but that's about all it has going for it.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Freyja wrote:It's just off Lawrence Street. So at least it's a good location, but that's about all it has going for it.

Yeah, tis a decent enough place, I live on Lawrence St, as does Dansiferum. As long as it's not the road behind the new chippy.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Chubbies still on Lawrence Street? Good kebabs from there.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?