What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Finnvitka
Denim Demon
Posts: 15479
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: NCC-1701
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Finnvitka » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:19 pm

I got ID checked for a U rated film in Sainsburys though, so.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby CrapyMike » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:34 pm

it's cause they drill it into you that anyone who looks under 25 has to be ID'd. some people are retarded and take it too far unfortunetly :|

like one of the people doing training with me today, who couldnt understand the concept of using your own judgement to decide if someone looks old enough, and wasted half an hour arguing that everyone should id anyone who looks under 25 and tries to buy anything rated 12 or above. which pissed me off
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Turbo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:54 pm

I have only ID'd people for alcohol and generally its the complete cunts that come in, and its great causing them great misery. You know awkward little tick turds that think I'd invented the law overnight. Wankers half my size asking me when I finish work so he gonna bring his posey of also very short people to bash some bare heads in enit!? I felt obligated to cover for whichever cashier served them, but fuck it, next time I get ID'd ill get my mum involved.

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby CrapyMike » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:58 pm

i havent had a chance to ID anyone like that yet, although in blacks i had a guy shouting at me cause he asked me to get him a pen knife out of the display cabinet, so i did, and he handed it to his clearly 8 year old son, the son said he wanted it and i refused the sale. he was shouting and swearing and i just stood there smiling and he really looked like he wanted to punch me but knew it wouldnt go well for him if he did :lol: it actually made my day
im looking forward to many similar moments in sainsburys, and if i get the job, gamestation
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
Big D
Denim Demon
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Big D » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:24 pm

I've decided that the next time I see one of those "Publice sector pensions are going to bankrupt the UK" things in the paper i'm going to write to Cameron and offer him a deal; "If the Uk need the money that bloody badly I'll waive my Civil Service pension. On the condition that you waive your MPs expenses as well."

User avatar
Freyja
Denim Demon
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Ciderland

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Freyja » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
Freyja wrote:It's just off Lawrence Street. So at least it's a good location, but that's about all it has going for it.


Yeah, tis a decent enough place, I live on Lawrence St, as does Dansiferum. As long as it's not the road behind the new chippy.



I sense a trip to the Rook is in order!
I dont think I'm behind any chippy. I am most pleased at the proximity to Jenny's Fish & Chips though!
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:


http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Fjar » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:56 pm

I really miss York. :(
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Strapping Young Kate
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1996
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: Chester

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Strapping Young Kate » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:13 pm

I'm not hungry and my mouth/face hurts when I eat. But I will finish this pizza.
Moonburp wrote:Now everyone has Daniel Radcliffe's todger burned into their retinas and I feel like it's my fault.

Turbo wrote:Dont fucking diss the Babybel, sheep shagger.

User avatar
corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon
Posts: 3572
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 pm
Location: Bangor
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Strapping Young Kate wrote:I'm not hungry and my mouth hurts. But I will finish this pizza.

Pop it in the fridge and have it tomorrow morning. Unless you're one of those freaks who dislikes cold pizza.

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Turbo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Warm it up in a microwave if you dont like cold pizza. I dont much care for it tbh. Im not overly fond of cold anything apart from beverages of an alcoholic nature.

User avatar
Strapping Young Kate
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1996
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: Chester

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Strapping Young Kate » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:19 pm

Nah, any pizza is good pizza. In fact I just stole this out of the fridge because I couldn't be arsed cooking myself anything at this time. Not sure the now cheeseless, picked-at mess of a base is worth saving though. :lol:
Moonburp wrote:Now everyone has Daniel Radcliffe's todger burned into their retinas and I feel like it's my fault.

Turbo wrote:Dont fucking diss the Babybel, sheep shagger.

User avatar
RB2610
Denim Demon
Posts: 3014
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:30 pm
Location: London

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby RB2610 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:29 pm

CrapyMike wrote:i havent had a chance to ID anyone like that yet, although in blacks i had a guy shouting at me cause he asked me to get him a pen knife out of the display cabinet, so i did, and he handed it to his clearly 8 year old son, the son said he wanted it and i refused the sale. he was shouting and swearing and i just stood there smiling and he really looked like he wanted to punch me but knew it wouldnt go well for him if he did :lol: it actually made my day
im looking forward to many similar moments in sainsburys, and if i get the job, gamestation


You do realise that if an adult comes in with their child and says they are fine with the child purchasing an age restricted item that you have to let them have it...
Image
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

User avatar
corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon
Posts: 3572
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 pm
Location: Bangor
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:33 pm

RB2610 wrote:
CrapyMike wrote:i havent had a chance to ID anyone like that yet, although in blacks i had a guy shouting at me cause he asked me to get him a pen knife out of the display cabinet, so i did, and he handed it to his clearly 8 year old son, the son said he wanted it and i refused the sale. he was shouting and swearing and i just stood there smiling and he really looked like he wanted to punch me but knew it wouldnt go well for him if he did :lol: it actually made my day
im looking forward to many similar moments in sainsburys, and if i get the job, gamestation


You do realise that if an adult comes in with their child and says they are fine with the child purchasing an age restricted item that you have to let them have it...

If that's true, that's fucking ridiculous, especially if it's a knife.

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby CrapyMike » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:36 pm

RB2610 wrote:
CrapyMike wrote:i havent had a chance to ID anyone like that yet, although in blacks i had a guy shouting at me cause he asked me to get him a pen knife out of the display cabinet, so i did, and he handed it to his clearly 8 year old son, the son said he wanted it and i refused the sale. he was shouting and swearing and i just stood there smiling and he really looked like he wanted to punch me but knew it wouldnt go well for him if he did :lol: it actually made my day
im looking forward to many similar moments in sainsburys, and if i get the job, gamestation


You do realise that if an adult comes in with their child and says they are fine with the child purchasing an age restricted item that you have to let them have it...

no i dont. if the adult hands me the item and doesnt mention it being for the kid theres no problem, but i can still refuse and management cant over rule me, if the kid brings it to the till or the adult mentions that it is for the kid, i cant do the sale or i could get fined up to £5000 by trading standards. not sure about in england but thats scottish licensing law at least
the sales person has the right to refuse any age restricted item to any one for any reason, regardless of whether they have ID or not
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

AlixB
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 604
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:57 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby AlixB » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:42 pm

Wow, so glad I don't work in retail.