What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Manadh » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Coming home to find pots stacked up so high in the sink I can't fill the kettle, and bread crumbs over every available kitchen surface.
Also people who I haven't spoken to in over a year trying to talk to me all the time all of a sudden. It wouldn't bother me but I feel that I have moved on from those days but I can't seem to weasel my way of out of it without me coming off badly. As usually happens. Because I have the tact of a wet flannel/am too honest for my own good.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Installation bars that only monitor one aspect of an installation, so it just randomly bounds across the screen as it starts the next bit and dosen't tell you anything about overallprogress.

To be fair it was only an adobe reader update which took no time at all, but it made me irrationally upset for no reason.

Prometherion91
Denim Demon

Postby Prometherion91 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:55 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Installation bars that only monitor one aspect of an installation, so it just randomly bounds across the screen as it starts the next bit and dosen't tell you anything about overallprogress.

To be fair it was only an adobe reader update which took no time at all, but it made me irrationally upset for not reason.

I can only empathise with you here.
Womble wrote:Petri isn't fat. He's just ribbed for her pleasure.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:01 pm

anyone know anything about recording a phone call in BT Softphone?

Tried the external mic routine, too quiet :(

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:08 pm

That sounds like the sort of thing I could do with knowing too. Goddamn practical research assesment making me spy on people.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:32 pm

the people who work in Vodafones call centre are a bunch of useless cunts. all i wanted to know was if my phone upgrade had been dispatched to the store im going to tomorrow. i spend 5 minutes repeating my phone number to the girl who is insitant that my phone number is only 10 digits long even thought i telling her 11 digits. but low and behold its the computers fault shes thick as shit. she then puts me on hold to talk to 'online team' and then asks for an order number. after explainig to her again all i wanted to know was if it had been dispatched, she goes to 'talk to her manager for 5 minutes' and puts me back on hold. after getting no where with that i give in a little and give her the order number. she puts me back on hold for another 5 minutes only to tell me what the address of the store is. i repeat myself again about what i want and puts me back on hold to 'talk to the online team'. only to come back as say and i quote "we dont know" and says they will contact me by email. so i put the phone down on her and try again to talk to someone else, who quite quite quickly says she doesnt know because the store is closed now but phone them before i go. what fucking load of good that is gonna do me at 7.30am when no one is gonna be in the fucking store anyway.

i hope whoever serves me tomorrow has the phone because they will not like me if they tell me its not in stock.

corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Went to a lecture for the first time in a week. The lecturer spent 30 minutes talking about a single slide of the Powerpoint, and got through I think 4 in total. It goes up on Blackboard anyway, so I'm not going to bother anymore.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 pm

It's ten past seven, guess who the fuck hasn't called. :x

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Finding out VPW are doing a show in Portsmouth. Which I would quite liked to have gone to if it wasn't the day before I get paid.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Of all the thousands of words I type about pointless things of an evening, the moment I need just 1500 words on a subject I have somewhat of an interest in, I cannot think of anything to write. :(
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Can't even browse SomethingAwful without paying for an account now, apparantly. Well that sucks, I got many a laugh from there.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:33 pm

clare-l wrote:I really, really want a night with more than 4 hours sleep this week.

same here
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Split my lip and didn't realise until I covered it in salt from the liquorice. IT STINGS.

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:56 pm

Windows Live Messenger looks all weird with this new update :|
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!