Page 2299 of 4728

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:25 pm
by tranmerefan
Very tired. Just want to sleep.

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:54 pm
by keera_envenomed
My first job rejection. Fucking yay :(

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:18 pm
by metalsam
tranmerefan wrote:Very tired. Just want to sleep.


+1

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:18 pm
by Smindas
Friday night in :(

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:18 pm
by Fjar
metalsam wrote:
tranmerefan wrote:Very tired. Just want to sleep.


+1

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:19 pm
by Ensorcelled
Smindas wrote:Friday night in :(

+1

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:50 pm
by peypea
Ensorcelled wrote:
Smindas wrote:Friday night in :(

+1

Same. Even if Newport is shit, I'd love to do something other than watch James Bond films for yet another night, but all my friends are too busy getting off with new boyfriends. Yaaay.
That and I don't know how to make myself feel better. This is getting stupid. I want to get on with everything but I'm stuck in this stupid fucking rut of feeling shit.

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:58 pm
by fluffymoo
Guild's being boring as fuck. I'm on Ventrilo, but the raid leader's the only one that is talking - it's like a graveyard in our channel :( I'm such a ronery Swede.

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:00 pm
by Ensorcelled
peypea wrote:
Ensorcelled wrote:
Smindas wrote:Friday night in :(

+1

Same. Even if Newport is shit, I'd love to do something other than watch James Bond films for yet another night, but all my friends are too busy getting off with new boyfriends. Yaaay.
That and I don't know how to make myself feel better. This is getting stupid. I want to get on with everything but I'm stuck in this stupid fucking rut of feeling shit.


It's beginning to look like I've got no plans for the weekend as well. Fuck yeeeah. :ugh: At least I've got Damnation to look forward to next week. :dibbley:

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:11 pm
by Turbo
Think yourself lucky you have Damnation. I totally forgot about my wishes to go this year for the first time when I booked all my time off in Januar, and so, suprise suprise im not going. I am however going to Shite Jizzard for Nottinghams date on their tour, and the week after im going to have to sweet talk my manager for a Sunday off for W.A.S.P. (they play Saturday but ill need a recovery day - also in Notts).

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:47 pm
by Metallinen
keera_envenomed wrote:My first job rejection. Fucking yay :(


You'd be lucky to get the first one you go for. I've been turned away by three now, two after interview. I'm starting to realise what a superficial load of bollocks the job application process is. It's all about telling them what they want to hear in a way they want to hear it, not how qualified/suited to the job you actually are.

Still, the more you do, the more you learn what it is they want to hear, I suppose.

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:58 pm
by Chugging Pus
Metallinen wrote:You'd be lucky to get the first one you go for. I've been turned away by three now, two after interview. I'm starting to realise what a superficial load of bollocks the job application process is. It's all about telling them what they want to hear in a way they want to hear it, not how qualified/suited to the job you actually are.


It doesn't get any better I'm afraid, you just learn to bullshit to a more efficient standard.

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:13 pm
by keera_envenomed
Metallinen wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:My first job rejection. Fucking yay :(


You'd be lucky to get the first one you go for. I've been turned away by three now, two after interview. I'm starting to realise what a superficial load of bollocks the job application process is. It's all about telling them what they want to hear in a way they want to hear it, not how qualified/suited to the job you actually are.

Still, the more you do, the more you learn what it is they want to hear, I suppose.


This was for a Christmas job in Boots :|

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:18 pm
by Fibbly
Metallinen wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:My first job rejection. Fucking yay :(


You'd be lucky to get the first one you go for. I've been turned away by three now, two after interview. I'm starting to realise what a superficial load of bollocks the job application process is. It's all about telling them what they want to hear in a way they want to hear it, not how qualified/suited to the job you actually are.

Still, the more you do, the more you learn what it is they want to hear, I suppose.


I don't think this is entirely true. The most likely reason for getting turned down at the moment is that there are so many people applying at the moment that the chances are that someone is always going too have more experience than you.

Re: What pissed you off today

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:36 pm
by Fjar
Turbo wrote:Think yourself lucky you have Damnation. I totally forgot about my wishes to go this year for the first time when I booked all my time off in Januar, and so, suprise suprise im not going. I am however going to Shite Jizzard for Nottinghams date on their tour, and the week after im going to have to sweet talk my manager for a Sunday off for W.A.S.P. (they play Saturday but ill need a recovery day - also in Notts).


Looks like I'll see you there for WW!