What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:00 pm

CrapyMike wrote:its not a big deal imo.

Dude. What the fuck.

One in five men didn't come back in 1918. Those who survived told stories about having their friends begging to be shot in the Paschendale quagmires before they drowned in the mud. 50,000 casaulties on Day One of the Somme, for less than a mile of land.

Go to ANY village in the UK and you will find a war memorial. It is a big fucking deal and you're an abortion of a person if you think otherwise.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Turbo wrote:
monkeynutz wrote:
CrapyMike wrote:i spent my morning at the local community centre playing cards with a group of WW1 veterans and listening to their stories.

Maybe that's a typo, but as there are only 3 (confirmed) surviving WW1 veterans, that would seem unlikely.

Yeah and only one lives in the UK.

I call bullshit on Mike's story.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:44 pm

I've just had a load of people stare at me in the airport after reading that article because apparently the words "fucking bastard cunt fucks" a bit louder than conversational tone is considered wrong. Fuck me, that's really fucked me off! I live in one of the most islamic nations on earth and you don't get all these wankers there doing shit like that. Fuck me, if they even dared they'd be getting their heads caved in by the local plod.

I was going to post that I'm a bit pissed off that my flight has been delayed but that has really angered me. It's bizarre that if I was to see that and lay into those bastards, I'd be arrested for racially aggravated assault or something.

'We want the Government to pull the troops out from these countries and to stop interfering in our affairs.'

I'm sorry, you silly cunt, but what affairs are they to you? You live in one of the greatest (although we might not think it at times) countries in the world. You have the freedom to say what you want and worship in your own way. You can raise a family and be supported in that by the government. You are far removed from anywhere in the Middle-East. Fuck me, even your 'Muslim Brothers' would happily treat you like shit because at the end of the day, all that equality and brotherhood shite is all bollocks. What happens in Iraq or Afghanistan is about as relevant to you as what happens to Japanese people is to me.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:46 pm

Applecore wrote:I call bullshit on Mike's story.

Come on, perhaps he meant WWII. But I still agree with what Alex said.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Fjar wrote:

Considering his posts on Facebook have been about how he has nothing to do today, I stick to calling bullshit.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:49 pm

Applecore wrote:
Fjar wrote:

Considering his posts on Facebook have been about how he has nothing to do today, I stick to calling bullshit.

Ah, I wasn't aware he specifically said that that's what he was doing this morning.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Hell of a journey considering Mike lives in Scotland and the only WW1 veteran lives in Norfolk. He obviously meant WW2 if his story is to hold any truth whatsoever.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:55 pm

There was one tiny sign at my uni today saying that the two minute silence would happen, and unsurprisingly, it didn't. It's really disappointing.

Had such little sleep this week I'm hallucinating. YAAAAY. And I've been so rushed off my feet I haven't actually been able to eat since Monday. Now I'm just past being hungry.
And people who say that keeping busy makes you feel better are liars.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:57 pm

peypea wrote:Had such little sleep this week I'm hallucinating. YAAAAY. And I've been so rushed off my feet I haven't actually been able to eat since Monday. Now I'm just past being hungry.

That's worrying. Seek help if you need to.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Getting ill. Son of a bitch.

Fjar, your sig is fantastic. I <3 Domo Kuns ^_^

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Fjar wrote:
peypea wrote:Had such little sleep this week I'm hallucinating. YAAAAY. And I've been so rushed off my feet I haven't actually been able to eat since Monday. Now I'm just past being hungry.

That's worrying. Seek help if you need to.

Nah, I'm just really awkward when it comes to sleep. If I don't sleep enough my brain goes a bit woo.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Battlewolfe
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Battlewolfe » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Went to view a Motorbike, it was as good as I expected, arranged to get it delivered tomorrow morning.. (that bit should be in the Happy thread :lol: ) ..then waiting for the bus into town to buy a cover/lock for the thing, watched somebody get twatted off a bike by a Van.. Worst. Timing. Ever.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:28 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:
CrapyMike wrote:there are other (better) ways to show respect. i spent my morning at the local community centre playing cards with a group of WW1 veterans and listening to their stories. i dont see what a two minute silence does for them, seems more that the people participating can feel like they're showing respect, but what good does it really do for the people who survived?

Its about those who died primarily though, remembering their sacrifice.

There's nothing anyone can do to help them now if were going to be technical about it, but two minutes is just a sign of respect, or appreciation for what they did.

i just look at it like, the ones who died dont care if we show them respect, i dont believe in the afterlife so to me its more important to find ways to show your respect for the survivors. it's nice to take part in the two minute silence for those who died but in no way should it be mandatory
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Battlewolfe wrote:Went to view a Motorbike, it was as good as I expected, arranged to get it delivered tomorrow morning.. (that bit should be in the Happy thread :lol: ) ..then waiting for the bus into town to buy a cover/lock for the thing, watched somebody get twatted off a bike by a Van.. Worst. Timing. Ever.

:P You'll be fine.
I greatly enjoyed the reference, Joe.

Hannahwar: they are age 12 and really tight

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:38 pm

just stubbed my toe :cuss:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike