What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:33 pm

mcroper wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:My understanding is that most of the internet is 4Chan three years ago.

Oh lord this. I hate how everyone catches up ages after and are like "LOL SO FUNNY AND ORIGINAL"

I can't even bring myself to be annoyed by Chuck Norris jokes anymore.

I just feel kinda numb.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Littlemissmetal wrote:Primary school - awesome, cannot fault it. Was quite popular as you're still below the age where being clever becomes "not cool". There was never much drama and it was quite a small school so everyone knew everyone else. Nice environment.

Secondary school - as discussed further back in the thread. Hated it. But my two oldest friends endure from there, and there's a small selection of other folk I still see through them. We were very much the outsiders but all for differing reasons - we weren't all just the "bunch of goffs" so to speak.

College - college was great actually. Really really great. Everyone seemed to grow up a bit and it was a much more accepting atmosphere. Also, there was a pub round the corner. Bingo. :D

I hated school, primary and secondary. I realise I brought most of it on myself... but there are many reasons I don't remember much of it. University was great fun though!

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Watching the American Skins (following my painful watching of the American Shameless)

It's a near shot-or-shot remake, though at least it has SOME differences, unlike Shameless. Still mostly poor though.

Some changes make no sense, like Sid's name to Stan, despite them being clearly the same character. Maxxie is now a lebian (because it's hotter?) That and the actors suck too, Tony lacks arrogance, Tony's Dad is pissed off with no other attributes and Cassey (Now Caddie) doesn't come across as nuts, just impatient and picky.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:10 pm

I didn't mind school. I wasn't bullied but I struggled to make friends. It wasn't until 6th form that I made some good friends and they are people I class as my closest friends now.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:30 pm

herzeleid wrote:Back in my day it was a really, really stuck up forum, everyone just agreed with each other all the time... It was quite nice :P

It still is stuck up :P

And as everyone else is doing it

Primary School: started ok, was mates with everyone because that's what infants is like, made friends with the loner kid that wasn't friends with anyone, then they turned the whole class on me as I mentioned before, (note the boys were pretty much entirely separate from the girls in the playground, so it was just a medium sized group of guys, whilst there were a couple of guys I was still mates with spent most of years 3-5 getting into fights mainly with that person a couple of times with others, ended up in the headmasters office loads and got threatened a lot, with a few final warnings about things, cooled off partway through year 5 when the boys split into 2 separate groups one of which i became mates with again whilst we didn't like the other group, then in year 6 people stopped caring so much and it was a bit more chilled out

Secondary school: Started ok, made friends fine etc but then got branded as an emo towards the end of year 7 :? which lasted until halfway through year 8, during which time amount of friends dwindled, then year 9 was just brilliant, everything was easy and made loads of new mates due to actually getting a decent tutor group finally (the years before i had shitty tutor groups, glad it changes every year) but went tits up in the last few weeks with the whole jew thing that lasted till just before the end of year 10, then after bloodstock year 11 was pretty great, the mates from year 9 were great friends by then and I knew from october I wouldn't be staying there for 6th form which made things so much easier

College: Pretty good, couple of people there I knew before starting which helps, everyone is really friendly which is pretty nice, I'm at the edge of a few groups which is pretty helpful, but I haven't really made any new friends who I'll still be in contact with a few years from now
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:00 pm

Really, really cba to go to work tomorrow.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:02 pm

fluffymoo wrote:Really, really cba to go to work tomorrow.

Same :(
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Procrastinating till the last minute as per usual.

Ah well. Least tomorrow is a 9.30 exam.
I don't have to care about it from 11ish onwards.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:03 pm

the absolute state of the kitchen in the house. It's not even me or the only other guy still living there who make most of the the mess, its his mates when they pre-drink/stay over. I honestly dont mind being the one to do all the dishes and shit but how difficult is to clean up when you cook something or scrape your plates or not leave bottles and cans all over the show?
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:45 am

Infants/juniors: Not much memory. I started infants in January so everyone else had been there for a few months and as the newcomer was the bullies' target by default.

Secondary: Mostly a loner. I had few friends, making friends was really difficult and bullying wasn't a constant problem but still a big issue. Teachers weren't really interested. I remember one day in Year 8 when one of the really popular girls in my form was talking in a class discussion and bragged that she was friends with everybody, then stopped herself, pointed at me and the kid sitting next to me and said: "except those two", then carried on. That really stuck with me.

I didn't go to college. I really couldn't face another two years of that bollocks.

And I like the Birds Eye vegetarian fingers. They go great with a tin of beans when I can't be arsed to do the usual half-arsed meal.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:58 am

Woohoo! Bandwagon partially started rolling by me! I love those kinds of bandwagons!

Nursery: Was told I hated it. Standout memories include sitting in the wrong group, my Mum pouring water into the sand box and hogging the rocking horse.

Primary school: Bullied a lot. Hated it.

Secondary school: Bullied a lot, was a bit of a loner. Hated it.

College: Loved it, but found it hard to actually get in at a consistent time.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:18 am

nursery: it was alright. cant remember it much.

primary: P1 was a bit shit if im honest, not even half way through i got banned from the playground. sitting outside the staff room with some weirdo a few years older than me, who constantly ate weird smelling sweets. that was it. went to a different school til i was about 10, that was ok, didnt get bullied but got suspended a lot for being a little shit. apparently because the work was too easy. didnt seem that way to me if im honest, i just didnt like it :lol:

secondary: this is when i went to boarding school, skipped primary 7 and went into 1st year, and realised that the work was far too easy before, and still was so started doing more advanced maths and english. started standard grade maths and english a year early, hated them both, started other standard grades the year after and did them in a year, did the same shit again the following year til i was old enough to leave. outside of class it seemed to be very much a case of people loved me or hated me :lol: the seniors hated me cause i wouldnt listen to them, the teachers loved me, fuck knows why though i made their jobs insanely difficult. after 1st year each new class that came in seemed to look up to me and my classmates, which annoyed us to no end. i ended up being really popular and hating it, i got more severe punishments than i should have because of it.

college: met some of my closest friends in first year, the work was too easy and i literally did all my coursework in two weeks. 1 week for the first term, 1 week for second. i didnt know so many people, i was just part of a group, which was better for me cause i didnt have any annoying juniors getting me in shit, just a chilled out group of friends without popularity being an issue.

second year was shit, went to edinburgh and learned fuck all, dropped out.

that was a long post :eyes:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:03 am

fucking CHRIST

Yesterday I pulled the scab from my hot water bottle burn off my leg. Fucks sake I was fed up of looking at it, it'd been there like 2 fucking months.

Now I am in a lot of pain, and there is a gaping yellow/greeny sorta hole in my leg. Why the hell did i do that? :ugh:

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:09 am

You should probably go to the doctor about that...
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:40 am

Noodle wrote:You should probably go to the doctor about that...

This.
In slightly-related-but-not-really news, my tattoo is itchy as hell and i cannay scratch it