What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:23 pm

Portsmouth traffic. It was horrible. Now, thanks to the current roadworks, it is a frigging nightmare.

Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:54 pm

The bloody insurance company are going to fix my car.....I wanted it written off......bastards!
WARNING:!
The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion.
These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.
Reader discretion is advised.

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ross » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:11 pm

What I thought was a thrust bearing in my car going is actually the clutch, and since its hydraulic it involves taking out the gearbox and for good measure the slave cylinder is on its way out.

250 quid, wham, bam, thank you maam.

Under warrante but since the guy partexed my old mondeo and made roughly 80 quid at auction hes offered 170 into the pot for fixing it. Still a nasty burn.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:00 pm

Ross wrote:What I thought was a thrust bearing in my car going is actually the clutch, and since its hydraulic it involves taking out the gearbox and for good measure the slave cylinder is on its way out.

250 quid, wham, bam, thank you maam.

I've yet to meet a car where you could change the clutch without removing the gearbox. However, 250 quid to change a hydraulic clutch and replace a slave cylinder doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.

On a related note, the whine in my gearbox is getting worse. But fortunately, the weather is improving to the point where I can take it out and put a new one in. Repairing my car in the cold and rain isn't my idea of fun (and I've done it often enough that I should know!). So I tend to put off fixing the non-essential things that go wrong over the winter, and the gearbox is one of them.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:20 am

What pissed me off today was the inexcusable performance of the buses.

I was going to visit a mate in Doncaster for a long-planned three-day marathon of the entire Nightmare On Elm Street series and the entire Friday 13th series. With beer, naturally. So I booked a train for 6.37am, to get in as much viewing and beer as possible, and to avoid the peak time fares. Unfortunately, I was relying on the bus to get me to the train station.

The 6.13 bus didn't show. Nor did the 6.28. Or the 6.43. Or the 7.12. It's now 7.19, and if I ever find out who was driving those buses, I'll stab them.
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:06 am

Do buses actually run that regularly on a Saturday? Must admit it's been years since I set foot on one so wouldn't know if they have improved frequency, but back in my bus days early Saturday buses were few and far between...

Anyway, that sounds like a quality way to spend a weekend.....could have invited me though ya bastards and give me a break from this damn keyboard :lol:

These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.

Black Lagoon
Spanner of the Gods

Postby Black Lagoon » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:55 am

What pissed me off today is not having Carol Vorderman to win Sammi's quiz with! :lol:
http://www.myspace.com/metal_junior

For the fans by the fans

Onwards and Upwards

payne-metal
Paster of Muppets

Postby payne-metal » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:29 am

Samildanach wrote:What pissed me off today was the inexcusable performance of the buses.

I was going to visit a mate in Doncaster for a long-planned three-day marathon of the entire Nightmare On Elm Street series and the entire Friday 13th series. With beer, naturally. So I booked a train for 6.37am, to get in as much viewing and beer as possible, and to avoid the peak time fares. Unfortunately, I was relying on the bus to get me to the train station.

The 6.13 bus didn't show. Nor did the 6.28. Or the 6.43. Or the 7.12. It's now 7.19, and if I ever find out who was driving those buses, I'll stab them.

NCT are indeed the biggest waste of space ever when it comes to public transport but remember everything is out of sync today because of the concert in the square oh and on that note *PLUG* my friends band 'Captain Dangerous' won a contest to open the concert today so if your in nottingham at 1.30pm today go watch! (but don't stay too long or you might have to watch the magic numbers!

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:57 am

Finding out I could have saved £4 on Nevermore's self titled if i'd ordered it online hahah. but nevermind, can just go swap it for something else and get the cheap one xD
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:52 pm

Black Lagoon wrote:What pissed me off today is not having Carol Vorderman to win Sammi's quiz with! :lol:

If you did have Carol Vorderman to win said quiz with I would gladly accept her as a bribe :eyes:

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:34 pm

It's not PPUKII again today.

:cry:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Obsydian
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Obsydian » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:48 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:It's not PPUKII again today.

Thank God for that! It would kill me. :lol:

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:35 pm

falling over and catching my cheek on the corner of the piano stool, resulting in fat gash with blood EVERYWHERE and severe shock, then sat in a hospital waiting room for 3 hours.. but even worse, a CHILDREN's hospital waiting room, cos i was 3 fucking months too young for the adult one! 3 months! now swollen face, black eye and butterfly stitches :(
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:56 am

Obsydian wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:It's not PPUKII again today.

Thank God for that! It would kill me. :lol:

Exhaustion is an enemy of true metal! Raah!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Charlie_Sangster
Warrior of Metal

Postby Charlie_Sangster » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:56 am

Freyja wrote:falling over and catching my cheek on the corner of the piano stool, resulting in fat gash with blood EVERYWHERE and severe shock, then sat in a hospital waiting room for 3 hours.. but even worse, a CHILDREN's hospital waiting room, cos i was 3 fucking months too young for the adult one! 3 months! now swollen face, black eye and butterfly stitches :(

AWESOME! Apart from the children's ward thing. But seriously...I bet you scared the living hell out of a load of kids. Fine work there dude. Oh yeah, and I hope you're ok now.

We had a crash last night!! So...it's not what pissed me off today but I guess I'm still annoyed. DRUNK FRENCH LORRY DRIVERS!! This all happened on the M20. He clipped the back of our car, sent us into a spin, our car went side on as we came level with the front of this fuck off huge lorry. He slams into the passenger side, we go flying again and end up on the grass verge.

Police..blah blah blah... Was listening to Skid Row as it all happened. Sweet.