What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jim
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jim » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Finnvitka wrote:But I don't care or know about those things, I just want my pay at the end of each month.

They know that. Even bullshitting in preparation is preparation and that's all they really look for.

(And experience & know-how if it's a skilled job, obv).
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Finnvitka wrote:But I don't care or know about those things, I just want my pay at the end of each month.

Welcome to the world of employment! Everyone knows that's the real truth but alas we all must play the game
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:39 pm

You've got to play the game. These people didn't go through the system to do anything less than masturbate their egos 24/7.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:48 pm

On a similar note, I had one of these "my future" meetings with the HR (or in English, a personnel) manager. There were three separate questions of "where do you see yourself in..." 6 months: pulling my hair out at stupid christmas trade, 12 months: an alcoholic and 3 years: unemployed because I started drinking on the job.

I actually, sneakily mentioned that im interested in the next grade up, and am willing to give a managerial position a stab. Nothing to it in retail.

callumascott
Leather Rebel

Postby callumascott » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:50 pm

Cheap gay jokes in the Bloodstock 'Robots' video. I really, REALLY don't want to sound like the sort of prick who cries homophobia at the drop of a cravate, and the video isn't homophobic, but seriously? It's the 21st century. Jokes about bumming people when they pass out and liking Kylie Minogue? I thought Bloodstock were better than that. Some metal fans are gay, and I believe a comedian performing this year makes the point that there's not much manlier than fucking a bloke. Not impressed Bloodstock. Not impressed at all.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5qGyJK79AA

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Not particularly pissed off at the content of that video, just more pissed off that someone took 20 minutes (or less) of their life formulating something that isnt funny in the slightest.

callumascott
Leather Rebel

Postby callumascott » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:03 pm

That too, but to be honest I can't help but feel slightly uncomfortable about the content of the promotional material of a festival that I have a certain affection and loyalty towards making such generalisations.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:05 pm

My finace, god love her, decided tonight was the best night to drive one of her friends homes, we have one set of house keys at the moment, she disappeared while I was out at band practice and now she has to fight her way through take that traffic to get home. I've been standing at this cunting door for an hour now, in the pissing rain and I can my insulin through the window taunting me, I'll inject you soon you mother fucker!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:08 pm

siliconfury wrote:

They know that. Even bullshitting in preparation is preparation and that's all they really look for.

(And experience & know-how if it's a skilled job, obv).

tbh I could actually do this job half asleep, it's just so annoying that I have to actually pretend like I care about good customer service. Half the time I only give good customer service because it really winds up arsey people who want a reason to complain!
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:12 pm

jackcake wrote:Somebody left the tap running in the bathroom. God knows how long for. That's three times now. How hard is it to turn a tap off? FFS.

Four times. Someone's either careless or doing it on purpose.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Turbo wrote:Not particularly pissed off at the content of that video, just more pissed off that someone took 20 minutes (or less) of their life formulating something that isnt funny in the slightest.

'MrAdamguk'... Mr Adam G UK. Mr Adam Gregory United Kingdom?
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 pm

. . .

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:22 am

I love writing CVs and cover letters. It's fun to see what utter bollocks you can get away with. Best bit is, the simplest of things can be made to sound like you are some awesome motherfucker.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:35 am

Just leant over the side of my bed to pick something off the floor when I felt a sharp pain in my leg. I've just pulled a sewing needle out of my bed that I'd forgotten about. Ouch
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 am

callumascott wrote:Cheap gay jokes in the Bloodstock 'Robots' video. I really, REALLY don't want to sound like the sort of prick who cries homophobia at the drop of a cravate, and the video isn't homophobic, but seriously? It's the 21st century. Jokes about bumming people when they pass out and liking Kylie Minogue? I thought Bloodstock were better than that. Some metal fans are gay, and I believe a comedian performing this year makes the point that there's not much manlier than fucking a bloke. Not impressed Bloodstock. Not impressed at all.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5qGyJK79AA

The video is pure shit. As for the jokes, they're the kind of thing that a particular proportion of Bloodstock-goers would find uproariously funny, and the kind of thing that they genuinely say to eachother. Little shits.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.