What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby kanet666 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:03 am

Looks like I'm getting no sleep, as a housemate (who is already starting to piss me off with her constant use of my cutlery and other kitchen implements without cleaning them afterwards) has decided to put the washing machine on at 2am. Said washing machine is a)very loud and b)right outside my bedroom door, so no sleep for me!

PS This is also the same inconsiderate person who was having the really loud sex I was complaining about the other day
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:09 am

Haircut is fucking balls.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:52 am

kanet666 wrote:Looks like I'm getting no sleep, as a housemate (who is already starting to piss me off with her constant use of my cutlery and other kitchen implements without cleaning them afterwards) has decided to put the washing machine on at 2am. Said washing machine is a)very loud and b)right outside my bedroom door, so no sleep for me!

PS This is also the same inconsiderate person who was having the really loud sex I was complaining about the other day

It's inconsiderate yeah, but shes probably not aware shes disturbing you. If you ask her not to put her washing on at 2am and keep it down, she probably will.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:06 am

Yeah, it may seem stupid, but like, she probably doesn't know what the noise is like in your room, and she needs some clean clothes.

Had that issue before where I didn't think there was a problem, until passive aggressive notes and shit started popping up. If there's an issue just be like "Hey, don't do that"

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:54 am

I tried that with my version of *that* housemate and he still uses all my shit and just goes "it's communal" which it isn't, all of the rest of us use our own stuff then I just get him using my shit all the time.

I told him to stop more than once and he just does it anyway, and if I escalate any further the other housemates tell me to stop causing problems/complaining about him (he does other irritating things too like the not washing his hands which I mentioned).
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:19 pm

Got an AAA pass for Kataklysm and Fleshgod Apocalypse in Belfast tonight and me + Stijn were going to have a talk about a career in photography etc but I can't make it up :( No money to get there, nowhere to stay and a job interview in the morning.

Maybe I'll be able to get down to Dublin instead..

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Is that job interview the one in Bristol aye?

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:38 pm

NeglectedField wrote:Is that job interview the one in Bristol aye?

Aye, for Calumet.

De Stijl
Leather Rebel

Postby De Stijl » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:06 pm

How long will you be in Bristol for?
RYM LastFM FaceBook

Delightful-Jim wrote:Feelings are for queers.

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:08 pm

De Stijl wrote:How long will you be in Bristol for?

It's only a phone interview, but if it goes well I'll be moving as soon as they want me.

De Stijl
Leather Rebel

Postby De Stijl » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Ah, I see. If you get the job, I suggest regular visits to The Gryphon (despite its terrible music and drink selection) and Za Zas Bazaar.
RYM LastFM FaceBook

Delightful-Jim wrote:Feelings are for queers.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:02 pm

So fucking sick of our council. We just got a letter saying that not only is our council tax overdue, but we now have to pay the next three months in full. In addition, they intend to start legal proceedings within 7 days of the letter date (which is conveniently 9th January, despite only arriving today) and they close up shop at 6pm, so of course I can't get in touch with them.

This would be somewhat fair if they had ever actually bothered to send us our bill in the first place. This is despite me asking them several times for them to send us a regular bill, as they never confirmed the exact monthly rate for me (we had some leftover credit from our old property that we transferred... once the council could be arsed).

Will have to ring them first thing tomorrow once I get in to work and sort their mess out. Fucking irritating.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Council tax doesn't really come out as a regular bill, it's an annual thing. You either pay it in one lump sum, or in 10 monthly installments. The latter is usually far easier.

If they said something about legal action, then make sure you have everything you have received from them in hand. I think they need to send overdue notices before they can threaten with legal action (though they can say something along the lines that if you keep ignoring they can use legal action).
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Ten monthly installments is what we normally go with then, rather than monthly. Either way, we received no warnings so I'll give them a call, documents in hand. Haven't received a single overdue notice, so they shouldn't really be able to do anything. Knowing how useless Islington council are, I assume it's an empty threat anyway. Just a bit pissed off, of course.

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:25 pm

De Stijl wrote:Ah, I see. If you get the job, I suggest regular visits to The Gryphon (despite its terrible music and drink selection) and Za Zas Bazaar.

I spent near enough the whole week before xmas in the gryphon :lol:

Was either there, the crown or the hatchet.