What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
georgebailey96
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby georgebailey96 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:54 pm

Danroush wrote:
TheLotusEater193 wrote:I don't see how not checking a light is so inexcusable though. If it was that dangerous the police would've done more than just mention it to me. Sure I don't condone drink-driving but I can tell when I'm not suitable to drive and last night was not one of those nights. Of course any drink can alter reactions etc but then so can lack of sleep, lack of food, amounts of caffiene.

I'm pretty sure most people on here are reacting to the drink not the headlight, and out of drinking and driving you're much better off deciding which you're doing that evening than trying to do a little bit of both.

Apparently, 50,000 died from driving last year and 10,000 died from drinking, Yet only 500 died from drink driving. Then again, only 2 people died from drink driving and juggling.

Go on 'bel...next time GET THE BALLS OUT!
A video of a "psychic fighter"'s imaginary kicks to the face, not being as good as real kicks to the face
http://www.last.fm/user/Georgebailey96
skull-wart wrote:I shit leather and drink denim.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:18 pm

georgebailey96 wrote:Apparently, 50,000 died from driving last year and 10,000 died from drinking, Yet only 500 died from drink driving. Then again, only 2 people died from drink driving and juggling.

Go on 'bel...next time GET THE BALLS OUT!

Source?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

georgebailey96
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby georgebailey96 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:53 am

gandalf the red wrote:
siliconfury wrote:Source?

Jimmy Carr I think. :lol:

Lee Mack mate :lol:
A video of a "psychic fighter"'s imaginary kicks to the face, not being as good as real kicks to the face
http://www.last.fm/user/Georgebailey96
skull-wart wrote:I shit leather and drink denim.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Got to tie my hair back (or get it cut) for work. The emphasis was on the latter.

Its not really long enough for a ponytail, it looks shit. But thems the rules I suppose.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Short hair is cool now though, all us cool cats have been doing it.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:54 pm

siliconfury wrote:Short hair is cool now though, all us cool cats have been doing it.

Goddamn it behind the times again :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I'm not cutting it for one reason and one reason only. I like it. The fact that most female friends reckon it suits me better than short also helps as well but you know. I like it.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:15 pm

gandalf the red wrote:
tranmerefan wrote:Got to tie my hair back (or get it cut) for work. The emphasis was on the latter.

Its not really long enough for a ponytail, it looks shit. But thems the rules I suppose.

Is there a health and safety or hygiene reason? If not tell them to fuck themselves as it's illegal to make you get your haircut (especially if women are exempt). I know that for a fact as my ex-union rep told me.

I work behind a computer screen for approx 90% of my working day. The other 10% constitues walking to the printer/photocopier/fixing senior managements connection to their WIFI etc etc.

And I will point out that some women don't tie theirs back. They should (which is why I'm ok with it) but a lot don't.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:33 pm

Guess it depends how long it was when you first got the job. Whilst obviously with some jobs I understand certain eccentricities aren't businesslike, I think the rules are that they either make employment conditional on you cutting your hair or simply don't employ you.

If you joined with short hair then it's a bit trickier but if they really start to press about it then there would have to be an explicit contractual thing stating this and that about the dress code rather than personal prejudice of whoever's in charge. Trouble is it's often more one of those unwritten things about cultural norms within the workplace, etc.

My place has no such issue, it's weird. We have a dress code but nobody bats an eyelid if you've got long hair or even loads of tattoos and dreads and whatnot. That's even though we get potential clients on site on a near weekly basis and there's a silly amount of horseplay that goes on for an office.

Deli Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Deli Kate » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:38 am

Buying things on teh internets. Going through all the form filling crap only to discover when I hit the Pay button they want paypal which I don't have :x
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:42 am

Deli Kate wrote:Buying things on teh internets. Going through all the form filling crap only to discover when I hit the Pay button they want paypal which I don't have :x

You can use PayPal without an account I think?
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:43 am

Fjar wrote:
Deli Kate wrote:Buying things on teh internets. Going through all the form filling crap only to discover when I hit the Pay button they want paypal which I don't have :x

You can use PayPal without an account I think?

You can, look for the button, it's not prominent but it's there.

Deli Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Deli Kate » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:07 pm

:lol: Couldn't see it through the red haze!
I phoned them instead 8)
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:11 pm

The pain in my right shoulder has gone from there but ok over the last couple of months to really annoying and painful over the last couple of weeks and spreading down my back, front and making my arm feel like it's going numb at times. Even picking up a full pint of beer is painful. It's now preventing me from doing stuff and I have to keep asking for Will's help to do things I could normally do without a problem. Waiting for an ultrasound date.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:23 pm

As a completely uneducated guess from a man with no medical knowledge or experience beyond anecdotal, sounds potentially like a trapped nerve.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:12 am

I feel like a shitty worker because I rarely have time to do some of the paper work I'm being trained on.