What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jim
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Jim » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:12 pm

Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:16 pm

Lay t-shirts down flat, un-folded, on top of each other. About 3 or 4. Fold down lengthways, roll. It's about the same size as a pair of socks.

Or do what Jim just posted and have easy access every day.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:25 pm

Assholes that get into the queue to pay in supermarkets and then his family materialises with the other half of his shopping. I hope he dies in a pelican attack.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:46 pm

thehairyone wrote:Lay t-shirts down flat, un-folded, on top of each other. About 3 or 4. Fold down lengthways, roll. It's about the same size as a pair of socks.

Or do what Jim just posted and have easy access every day.

Ah, too late, packing mostly already done. I just did my shirts like this, socks rolled up like you normally do, everything else rolled normally but tightly. Got pretty much everything in so all is good. 16kg minus the tent which I'm carrying separately.

Purple n Batty
Warrior of Metal

Postby Purple n Batty » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:42 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
NeglectedField wrote:On the packing front, all these years and I never realised how much more you can fit in if you roll rather than fold stuff. Mug.

I think that's where the laydees always go wrong. All neatly ironed and folded clothes won't fit. Just sling them in and force everything in to the corners. Plenty of room. :P

Ironing what's that? :? Also, I am always rolling my clothes. I can fit more in that way so I can pack more so I can save the difficult 'what am I gonna wear today' decisions til I'm there.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:46 pm

I've not had a proper chance to air my tent since last year. Here's hoping nowt's wrong with it.

sugarmouse
Consort of the Beast

Postby sugarmouse » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:51 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
NeglectedField wrote:On the packing front, all these years and I never realised how much more you can fit in if you roll rather than fold stuff. Mug.

I think that's where the laydees always go wrong. All neatly ironed and folded clothes won't fit. Just sling them in and force everything in to the corners. Plenty of room. :P

I honestly don't think I have ever folded anything in my entire life :lol:
I have ironed things a couple of times, in a previous decade. Then I realised it sucked and I was shit at it, so I stopped.

All that's pissed me off is I can't bastard sleep!Grrr. I really want a good night's sleep as I'm the driver tomorrow and I want to set off quite early!

AND, I lost the bag for my chair. My guy is making me one, but he offered this weeks ago and I said I'd just buy a new chair-but he insisted. And then didn't do it. He's still on with it now, saying 'It's just taking a lot longer than he thought it would'.

A chair bag out of a pair of old jeans. Hmmmmm :rolleyes: :eyes:
We're all ****ed. It helps to remember this.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:14 am

sugarmouse wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:

I honestly don't think I have ever folded anything in my entire life :lol:
I have ironed things a couple of times, in a previous decade. Then I realised it sucked and I was shit at it, so I stopped.

All that's pissed me off is I can't bastard sleep!Grrr. I really want a good night's sleep as I'm the driver tomorrow and I want to set off quite early!

AND, I lost the bag for my chair. My guy is making me one, but he offered this weeks ago and I said I'd just buy a new chair-but he insisted. And then didn't do it. He's still on with it now, saying 'It's just taking a lot longer than he thought it would'.

A chair bag out of a pair of old jeans. Hmmmmm :rolleyes: :eyes:

I've got something similar that someone made me, except I use it for carrying sticks. I'll take a picture of it after the weekend if motivation still exists or for inspiration.

WPMOT: Also cannot bastard sleep.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:49 am

Also can't sleep :@ Coffee at the services later, I think.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:53 am

Woke up at 7am on a day off.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Bumcrack-smellywinkle
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bumcrack-smellywinkle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:48 am

De-tangling the mother of al knots and feeling extremely headsore after :(
Also awake before 9 for once
Swiggity swude
Send me a nude

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:15 am

I need to quit my job, but I have this horrendous self destructive fear/self confidence issues that stop me from applying for new jobs and until I sort it out I'm stuck. But I've become even more terrified of change than I ever have been and it's all one big clusterfuck of doing absolutely nothing other than being entirely miserable and exhausted the whole time.
I need to do something I enjoy but I'm terrified I'm not good enough.
Just so we're clear this isn't me begging for validation, it's just a rant about how shitty I've been feeling the past 6 months or so.
I just need to grow a pair really.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:26 am

^ You're absolutely not alone there. I'd probably still be in my gaff if I hadn't come here. Perhaps that's an idea, save up a shit tonne, and just quit and in that time it'll probably force you to find something new. Funniest part of the story really was when my old work place caught wind that I was UK bound, they all thought I was coming back. Ha, no chance. Happiest day of my life was handing in my notice.

WPMOT - Everything woke me up today, fucking bird we're looking after would stop singing, got some workmen painting one part of our flat, all started at 6am when the ex woke me up. I went to sleep at 3am for fuck sake. Oh well, back to the books.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:35 am

I've thought about that, but it'd take me forever to save up considering I'm generally on £150ish a week. Sometimes it's a bit more but not usually. I mean I'm already putting half my paycheck into savings but it takes a fucking age for it to amount to anything. Never thought I'd say this but I miss having a regular office job that paid decently and had weekends off. I miss weekends/having two days off in a row.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:51 am

This is full time? The fuck are they getting away with that?