What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2433
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Manadh » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:40 pm

Charlie wrote:
Manadh wrote:I work in a school and the internet site blocking thingy is so sparodic.
On another forum I use, I can get access then half an hour later it's blocked, then it's ok again... Weird and somewhat annoying


our school buys into rm system and its pants!
youtube was unblocked on teacher accounts to use as a teaching aid, 2 days later it was blocked again
some kids can google anything without the use of proxys and nothing is filtered or blocked
another kid can't google anything, even the word carrots was blocked (i have no idea why he wanted images of carrots he was designing and making computer game packaging)
although i have discovered putting words in capitols and/or with spaces between letters bypasses the filters
to make it worse our it techs can't fix it as its rm that puts the blocks on.

Sounds like ours.
I think ours is to do with Nottingham Council.
At my old school there were two networks, one for teachers with no restrictions and one for kids which I much preferred, here we are both stuck with the same network!

Freyja wrote:Fucking results.
I should have gotten an A in my Philosophy coursework. Instead I got a fucking C. I am NOT happy. It was DEFINITELY worth more than that, my teacher marked it before sending it off and said it was an A piece of work.
dont even want to know what I got in my English coursework. This isnt the first time I've been fucked about by markers, last year I got a borderline C in one of my english papers, which my teacher requested to have the script of, and said it was worth a lot more.
ARGH.
Exam markers should be strung up by their testicles and whipped.

aw man that is sucky!
I was going to apply to be an exam marker in June after I've finished my teacher training but I never got around to it and missed the deadline.
It is a tedious and boring job, but there is no excuse for being slack at it as it's peoples GCSE's/A Levels! However, sometimes the mark schemes are just appauling and if something you wrote isn't on it, they have to appeal to have it be mark-able.

User avatar
Big D
Denim Demon
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Big D » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:49 pm

Supplier being useless. Which then caused my line manager to have a sense of humour failure.

Also, anybody know how to get mould off a living room wall?

User avatar
Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2433
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Manadh » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Big D wrote:Supplier being useless. Which then caused my line manager to have a sense of humour failure.

Also, anybody know how to get mould off a living room wall?

Bleach? Polycell mould killer?
Only suggestions as I've never had to remove mould before!

User avatar
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon
Posts: 18671
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Leigh
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:55 pm

Having to analyse Batman (1989) for music tech. I wouldnt mind it as much if it was a good film.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

User avatar
Ndnd
Denim Demon
Posts: 6240
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Ndnd » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:24 pm

Big D wrote:Supplier being useless. Which then caused my line manager to have a sense of humour failure.

Also, anybody know how to get mould off a living room wall?

In the supermarket there is a bright green bottle, it's called mould and mildrew removed (not sure which company).
You can use this... It works really well on black marks in the bathroom.
Beaware though, sometimes bleach can turn a stain yellow, if this happens put some silver polish on the stain :B
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Turbo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:43 pm

More evidence that the people of West Midlands cannot drive. When you are at an island (roundabout to the illiterates) and you can gauge 4 cars getting onto the island and go, why is it that the woman in front doesnt MOVE.



We need new laws in the UK, anyone over the age of 65 have to bin their licences (male) and those over the age of 17 have to bin their licences (female).

User avatar
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon
Posts: 7063
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Turbo wrote:More evidence that the people of West Midlands cannot drive. When you are at an island (roundabout to the illiterates) and you can gauge 4 cars getting onto the island and go, why is it that the woman in front doesnt MOVE.


:drink:

Cheers my friend - I'm a woman and I get really frustrated with other women driving :lol: - its spread to Yorkshire too! :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.



Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Moonburp » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Deli Kate wrote:It could just be the stress of waiting for my pitch. I may just give up and book something else :(

NO

DON'T DO IT :(

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Moonburp » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:48 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:Having to analyse Batman (1989) for music tech. I wouldnt mind it as much if it was a good film.

Same brudda, I have a well good book for it that would be worth getting. Doing Goldfinger as well which is quite a weak bond film :/

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby CrapyMike » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Turbo wrote:More evidence that the people of West Midlands cannot drive. When you are at an island (roundabout to the illiterates) and you can gauge 4 cars getting onto the island and go, why is it that the woman in front doesnt MOVE.



We need new laws in the UK, anyone over the age of 65 have to bin their licences (male) and those over the age of 17 have to bin their licences (female).

i saw a woman going the wrong way on a roundabout and haveing to reverse off once... :o
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Turbo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:51 pm

Littlemissmetal wrote:
Turbo wrote:More evidence that the people of West Midlands cannot drive. When you are at an island (roundabout to the illiterates) and you can gauge 4 cars getting onto the island and go, why is it that the woman in front doesnt MOVE.


:drink:

Cheers my friend - I'm a woman and I get really frustrated with other women driving :lol: - its spread to Yorkshire too! :lol:



Its so bloody irritating. Solihull is literately traffic hold up after hold up. Why can no one just think, if you cannot drive, DONT drive. Get the bus, get the train. Theres metros on those, go do the sudoku, just bloody hell keep off the roads.

I am being unfair to women drivers, but dude, its the last thing I check for. I see a bad driver, and they make fault after fault after fault. They dont accelerate when they need to, they dont indicate when they need to. "I wonder if its a woman - oh wait, yes it is, what a suprise."

User avatar
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon
Posts: 7063
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Turbo wrote:
Littlemissmetal wrote:
Turbo wrote:More evidence that the people of West Midlands cannot drive. When you are at an island (roundabout to the illiterates) and you can gauge 4 cars getting onto the island and go, why is it that the woman in front doesnt MOVE.


:drink:

Cheers my friend - I'm a woman and I get really frustrated with other women driving :lol: - its spread to Yorkshire too! :lol:



Its so bloody irritating. Solihull is literately traffic hold up after hold up. Why can no one just think, if you cannot drive, DONT drive. Get the bus, get the train. Theres metros on those, go do the sudoku, just bloody hell keep off the roads.

I am being unfair to women drivers, but dude, its the last thing I check for. I see a bad driver, and they make fault after fault after fault. They dont accelerate when they need to, they dont indicate when they need to. "I wonder if its a woman - oh wait, yes it is, what a suprise."



I know what you mean. My driving instructor always said I drove like a bloke, so I'm assuming he meant it as a good thing lol :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.



Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Turbo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:56 pm

One I found hilarious though...I was coming out of a car park in SoliLOL and this really old woman (just about could see over the steering wheel) driving a BMW 7 series. Like something thats got to be in the £40,000 - £60,000 price bracket, brand new. Huge fucking car. Now its not the affording of said things because knowing full well the payouts that redundancy throws out, its just the question of "why?"

I wouldnt want to drive that thing, its not practical for my needs, and I dont believe I have the necessary skill to control the thing. What this woman needed was a fucking micra or something.

User avatar
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon
Posts: 7063
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:57 pm

Turbo wrote:One I found hilarious though...I was coming out of a car park in SoliLOL and this really old woman (just about could see over the steering wheel) driving a BMW 7 series. Like something thats got to be in the £40,000 - £60,000 price bracket, brand new. Huge fucking car. Now its not the affording of said things because knowing full well the payouts that redundancy throws out, its just the question of "why?"

I wouldnt want to drive that thing, its not practical for my needs, and I dont believe I have the necessary skill to control the thing. What this woman needed was a fucking micra or something.


True - my dad had a 2 litre VW Passat and I refused to drive that on the size of it - bloody tank of a car - BMW 7 Series is just scary!

I like my little Fiesta for now :D which I think will be taking its first trip to Bloodstock this year :)
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.



Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Turbo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:02 pm

Aye, my little sleazemobile micra is great. Does me proud, though im a bit unkind to it. Bloodstock last year was well funny, because I nearly got stuck in the mud on the exit of the field. I got everyone who I was giving a lift out of the car and I rescued it! :lol: