What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sat May 19, 2007 1:03 am

Lick Mars wrote:I've lost the will to bother making an effort to see anyone else since they don't bother with me, just make up excuses when I make the effort, so fuck em, given em countless chances. meh I feel all loner-ish now though. I got a free drink at the bar though - woo!

Aye, I've long been disillusioned with certain friends that are spread across the country. I've always been expected to travel to see them and none would ever make the effort to come down here. They plead poverty, completely ignoring the fact I've been up to see them while on the dole and getting by on £20 a week. It's hard to view them as real friends. Sod them.

Make a short detour on your way home next month for another free drink. :P
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sat May 19, 2007 12:13 pm

yeah what was it with the attack of the spam last night, grr!

jackcake wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:I've lost the will to bother making an effort to see anyone else since they don't bother with me, just make up excuses when I make the effort, so fuck em, given em countless chances. meh I feel all loner-ish now though. I got a free drink at the bar though - woo!

Aye, I've long been disillusioned with certain friends that are spread across the country. I've always been expected to travel to see them and none would ever make the effort to come down here. They plead poverty, completely ignoring the fact I've been up to see them while on the dole and getting by on £20 a week. It's hard to view them as real friends. Sod them.

Make a short detour on your way home next month for another free drink. :P

Yeah, I don't mind going to see people, but when you arrange anything they constantly bail out or make excuses, so I just give up.

I'm not looking forward to my birthday either, itll be the same as the last 2 years. People from outside the area who I haven't expected to will come and celebrate it and make some kind of effort, yet people down the road don't bother with you, even when you've made an effort with them. Makes you think who your real friends are.

Anyway I'm not feeling sorry for myself, I'm just not looking forward to going home very much. Even though I'm stuck here working in a way it beats it.

and I'll get that free drink providing I get there before last orders lol.

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Sat May 19, 2007 12:42 pm

You guys need to make more Wakefield friends :P

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sat May 19, 2007 1:03 pm

ew why would I wanna go to Wakefield..

:D

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Sat May 19, 2007 1:12 pm

Sammi Curr wrote:
Rickles_the_Mighty wrote:Some cunt stole my credit cards from my room. And now I can't go see Sabaton with this girl. :x :x :x :x :x

You need a credit card to take "this girl" out :o

haha, no. I just added that bit in to make myself seem cool :lol: Besides, I wasn't exactly taking her out.

I manged to borrow some cash off my mates and went to the gig anyway which luckily started late so I managed to see Sabaton's whole set in a rather sparse club in Newport.

What pisses me off now is that I've hardly any money and I need to go to Tesco. :(
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Sat May 19, 2007 2:35 pm

Lick Mars wrote:ew why would I wanna go to Wakefield..

:D

Well if people aren't even prepared to make the effort they ain't worth bothering with! :evil:

:lol:

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Sat May 19, 2007 2:38 pm

As ever ... having to mow the lawns! :eyes:

Fatboy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Fatboy » Sat May 19, 2007 4:42 pm

Looking at the forum with one of my kids on my lap .. and being confronted with some :o filthy spam thread titles :o and her asking "why is this so rude Daddy?"
me trying my best discreet click to another website avoidance tactic saying "its just some people being silly"

bloody spambots!!

:x

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sat May 19, 2007 7:15 pm

Fatboy wrote:Looking at the forum with one of my kids on my lap .. and being confronted with some :o filthy spam thread titles :o and her asking "why is this so rude Daddy?"
me trying my best discreet click to another website avoidance tactic saying "its just some people being silly"

bloody spambots!!

:x

:( :eyes: eep! The boards had some big spam attacks today and last night, bloody things :x

I've hardly done any work, this coursework is just pointless and annoying, but I wanted to get most of it done today. so much for that.. can't work on a saturday night, then again i have fuck all else to do.. could do with a TV right about now. Or some alcohol. But I told myself I wouldn't drink tonight but Im soooo boreeeddd... no, mustn't. Must stop being an alcoholic... :sniff:

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sat May 19, 2007 8:39 pm

Neighbour's son-in-law. There aren't many as arrogant as him but he runs them pretty close.

He parked across our drive this afternoon right up behind my car and to make a point, Dad parked close enough behind to box him in. For some reason both of my brothers have cars they can't drive parked on the drive. Half the problem solved if/when they go. He and his wife (the neighbour's daughter, reasonable woman in contrast) only have one grown-up son but they both drive people carriers. Why?!

So the son-in-law came out making demands to move it and 'park somewhere else' (a bit rich!), warning dad he'd 'have his bumper off' and would 'torch the car' before resorting to insults.

Such a nice man...

Lick Mars wrote:I'm not looking forward to my birthday either, itll be the same as the last 2 years. People from outside the area who I haven't expected to will come and celebrate it and make some kind of effort, yet people down the road don't bother with you, even when you've made an effort with them. Makes you think who your real friends are.

I'll come. :P

Probably won't do anything for my 25th next month, nobody's bothered.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

a_p
Leather Rebel

Postby a_p » Sun May 20, 2007 11:17 pm

Having to quit my job if i want to go blodostock...Bloodstock it is then :D

AP

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Sun May 20, 2007 11:21 pm

Anxiety dreams. Damnation.
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Sun May 20, 2007 11:59 pm

Samildanach wrote:Damnation.

Been listening to that a lot today, good album!

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Mon May 21, 2007 11:48 am

It's Monday afternoon, I'm stuck here until 6.30 and I have come to the gloomy conclusion that the Metal night I was going to go to next week shall have to be cancelled in favour of buying food and stuff.
Oh yes and The fecking Stereophonics are on the radio telling me to have a nice day. They're mocking me. Bastards.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon May 21, 2007 3:16 pm

You're on the internet.

turn off the radio and go to http://www.planetrock.com

I have an 8 hour exam tomorrow. Shit.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes