Page 53 of 4728

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:04 pm
by Lick Mars
l0C0 wrote:Someone deleting my posts from two days ago... hmm... nothing in my post was libel, I was just saying exactly what happened.

Ah well.

I dunno what or where you posted but apparently some have been deleted from the website issues forum that were no longer relevant.
If not then I don't know, there have been some cases of posts mysteriously going missing. If it was intentionally deleted I'm sure you would have received a pm and/or I and the other mods would have heard something about it. So yeah it might just have been some bug with the board..stupid board :eyes:

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:07 pm
by DarkSaber2k
It's the terrorists!

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:14 pm
by l0C0
Lick Mars wrote:
l0C0 wrote:Someone deleting my posts from two days ago... hmm... nothing in my post was libel, I was just saying exactly what happened.

Ah well.

I dunno what or where you posted but apparently some have been deleted from the website issues forum that were no longer relevant.
If not then I don't know, there have been some cases of posts mysteriously going missing. If it was intentionally deleted I'm sure you would have received a pm and/or I and the other mods would have heard something about it. So yeah it might just have been some bug with the board..stupid board :eyes:

Ah ok, I feel a bit better about this now :)

I may post the rant again though, so be warned! :P

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:02 pm
by payne-metal
fucking no longer relevant its geting slightly irritating its not what i expect of an organisation like bloodstock who shouldnt have associated themselves with such issues in the first place no doubt this message may soon be deleted but let me me say i am less than impressed...

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:18 pm
by l0C0
I don't think it was an intentional deletion, it's alright :)

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:37 pm
by jackcake
payne-metal wrote:fucking no longer relevant its geting slightly irritating its not what i expect of an organisation like bloodstock who shouldnt have associated themselves with such issues in the first place no doubt this message may soon be deleted but let me me say i am less than impressed...


I think it's a server/software fault rather than anything sinister but sometimes you just don't know.

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:53 pm
by Lick Mars
yeah it is some kind of problem with the server or something thats causing data loss and posts going missing (I'm not a technical wizz so I can't say exacly what!), theres been other cases of it too recently and we've had it before. Despite what it looks like posts are not deleted willy nilly or without just cause or some kind of warning. Its coincidence if a negative post happens to disappear. By all means let me/the mods/admin know if you notice posts going missing, just so we're aware of it happening, if it was purposly deleted it would be due to a violation of the rules which would be pointed out.

And the "not relevant" part I meant that posts not relevent to the Website issues part of the board were moved by admin so only posts that relate to the website are there. I wasn't meaning in general.

*Phew*. hope that clears up anything. Though I guess I can't stop people being pissed off when we're in the pissed off thread :lol:

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:12 pm
by Disbeliever
Getting two job rejection letters in one day, argh!

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:36 pm
by payne-metal
Lick Mars wrote:yeah it is some kind of problem with the server or something thats causing data loss and posts going missing (I'm not a technical wizz so I can't say exacly what!), theres been other cases of it too recently and we've had it before. Despite what it looks like posts are not deleted willy nilly or without just cause or some kind of warning. Its coincidence if a negative post happens to disappear. By all means let me/the mods/admin know if you notice posts going missing, just so we're aware of it happening, if it was purposly deleted it would be due to a violation of the rules which would be pointed out.

And the "not relevant" part I meant that posts not relevent to the Website issues part of the board were moved by admin so only posts that relate to the website are there. I wasn't meaning in general.

*Phew*. hope that clears up anything. Though I guess I can't stop people being pissed off when we're in the pissed off thread :lol:


sorry but it is annoying when what i put was a complaint mysteriously disappears...

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:21 pm
by Tet
Lick Mars wrote:Its coincidence if a negative post happens to disappear.

Yes, it could be coincidence that the majority of posts that seem to disappear are the ones criticising Bloodstock, but every time we just get an apology about it being a server problem, and a big thumbs up from the webmaster, claiming it's all fixed now. I have to say it's starting to stretch the bounds of credibility a bit. Just MHO.

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:24 pm
by Rickles_the_Mighty
payne-metal wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:yeah it is some kind of problem with the server or something thats causing data loss and posts going missing (I'm not a technical wizz so I can't say exacly what!), theres been other cases of it too recently and we've had it before. Despite what it looks like posts are not deleted willy nilly or without just cause or some kind of warning. Its coincidence if a negative post happens to disappear. By all means let me/the mods/admin know if you notice posts going missing, just so we're aware of it happening, if it was purposly deleted it would be due to a violation of the rules which would be pointed out.

And the "not relevant" part I meant that posts not relevent to the Website issues part of the board were moved by admin so only posts that relate to the website are there. I wasn't meaning in general.

*Phew*. hope that clears up anything. Though I guess I can't stop people being pissed off when we're in the pissed off thread :lol:


sorry but it is annoying when what i put was a complaint mysteriously disappears...


It was definately nothing malicious as a number of my posts had vanished too.

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:31 pm
by Lick Mars
Tet wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:Its coincidence if a negative post happens to disappear.

Yes, it could be coincidence that the majority of posts that seem to disappear are the ones criticising Bloodstock, but every time we just get an apology about it being a server problem, and a big thumbs up from the webmaster, claiming it's all fixed now. I have to say it's starting to stretch the bounds of credibility a bit. Just MHO.

Actually a lot of the posts arent criticising Bloodstock, its just those ones which people tend to notice more. I mean, if you look at some of the things that have been posted before that have 'critisicised' bloodstock, or sly remarks that have been made, why haven't they been deleted as well?
I dunno I find it odd that people would think the bloodstock organisers would delete anything negative from the forums, if they were gonna do that they might as well just delete the whole board BA-DUM! :D
Seriously though, I can see why you and others see it that way but I'm just trying to assure you and everyone, we're not that silly. :) Take from that what you will

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:32 pm
by Tet
Oh, and what pissed me off today? Getting home from work to find some git had driven into the side of my car. Naturally, they didn't stop to leave their insurance details... :-(

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:38 pm
by Harry
That Emo video off Fox news doing the rounds.

The content is bad enough, but to be frank 80% of the stuff in it is blatantly false/made up.

Rant-worthy but I really can't be arsed, hahahaha.

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:30 pm
by Lisa McNally
Being ill for the last two days! :(


Feeling a bit better now though!