What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Big D
Denim Demon
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Postby Big D » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:01 am

A customer sent back a package because he claimed the paperwork inside was wrong. I checked. No it wasn't. WTF is he on about?
I sent it back with a letter that was polite and professional but with the merest undertone of "Screw you"

User avatar
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: York, baby

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:57 pm

Harry wrote:Hahah, I learned about the New Deal programme in Economics. Lousy spongers the lot of ya!


Franklin Delan Roosevelt, 1932, promising a 'New Deal' out of the depression...alphabet agencies, hehe, for some reason, everyone remembers the TVA...yay 20th Century history.

It's just a shame Mao' Great Leap Forward didn't work as well...
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.



Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

User avatar
KenShiRo
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:20 pm

Postby KenShiRo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:48 pm

Sammi Curr wrote:Damn straight!!! No excuse for anyone physically able to work not to be doing so in this day and age.


my excuse is a lack of motivation, I got all the skills but I'm a miserable bugger who needs to think more positively, hell when they saw my CV they was wowed by it and sent it to their head office for a general office job they have going in the building

I'll probably get round to doing some proper job searching to get away from the chavs, last day they might try and kill me or something!

User avatar
Harry
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2286
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:55 pm
Location: Lancaster, The North!
Contact:

Postby Harry » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:57 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
Harry wrote:Hahah, I learned about the New Deal programme in Economics. Lousy spongers the lot of ya!


Franklin Delan Roosevelt, 1932, promising a 'New Deal' out of the depression...alphabet agencies, hehe, for some reason, everyone remembers the TVA...yay 20th Century history.

It's just a shame Mao' Great Leap Forward didn't work as well...


I thought it was introduced in 1998....well, I didn't do GCSE history :D :P
1485

User avatar
Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord
Posts: 3550
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:14 pm

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:11 pm

KenShiRo wrote:
Sammi Curr wrote:Damn straight!!! No excuse for anyone physically able to work not to be doing so in this day and age.


my excuse is a lack of motivation


Name: KenShiRo
Occupation: The bleeding obvious

:lol:
WARNING:!
The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion.
These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.
Reader discretion is advised.

User avatar
Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead
Posts: 5748
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:14 pm
Location: Hartlepool

Postby Lisa McNally » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:41 pm

Harry wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:
Harry wrote:Hahah, I learned about the New Deal programme in Economics. Lousy spongers the lot of ya!


Franklin Delan Roosevelt, 1932, promising a 'New Deal' out of the depression...alphabet agencies, hehe, for some reason, everyone remembers the TVA...yay 20th Century history.

It's just a shame Mao' Great Leap Forward didn't work as well...


I thought it was introduced in 1998....well, I didn't do GCSE history :D :P


If you are talking about good ol' Jobcentre Plus New Deal ... it was '98! I was there .... :eyes:

User avatar
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: York, baby

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:55 pm

dragonmaiden wrote:
Harry wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:
Harry wrote:Hahah, I learned about the New Deal programme in Economics. Lousy spongers the lot of ya!


Franklin Delan Roosevelt, 1932, promising a 'New Deal' out of the depression...alphabet agencies, hehe, for some reason, everyone remembers the TVA...yay 20th Century history.

It's just a shame Mao' Great Leap Forward didn't work as well...


I thought it was introduced in 1998....well, I didn't do GCSE history :D :P


If you are talking about good ol' Jobcentre Plus New Deal ... it was '98! I was there .... :eyes:


Funnily enough, Clinton offered a 'New Deal' for Americans in 1996 I think, as part of his re-election campaign...seeing as he was a 'New' Democrat...

New Labour did a similar thing with MacMillan's 'Third Way' from 1938...

What's this thread about again?
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.



Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

User avatar
Lick Mars
I am the Law!
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby Lick Mars » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:56 pm

I didn't know what this New Deal thing was until this thread, but it scares me .. I hope I jump straight into a career straight after uni :|
Image

User avatar
KenShiRo
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:20 pm

Postby KenShiRo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:10 pm

I just applied for 7 jobs thanks to the fish4jobs website, that's how much I wanna get away from the chavs

gotta apply for 50 jobs over the 2 weeks of this course, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone faked it on the sheets we gotta fill in

User avatar
Beardy
I am the Law!
Posts: 12668
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:52 pm
Location: Over the hills and far away

Postby Beardy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:16 pm

Sammi Curr wrote:Damn straight!!! No excuse for anyone physically able to work not to be doing so in this day and age.

My excuse is no fucker want's to employ me! I apply for at least 10 jobs a week, usually (a lot) more and most places don't even have the decency to send a standardised "we're terribly sorry but your application has been unsucessful this time" letter.

I'm told my C.V. is excellent, my covering letters are well written, my phone technique is second to none and I interview well but still no cigar - can't work if no-one will employ me!

I'm pretty much sick of it tbh and I'm putting together an application to go to uni as a mature (haha yeah right ;) :lol:) student next year.

User avatar
jackcake
Denim Demon
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Moseley, Birmingham

Postby jackcake » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:33 pm

PC virus.

Gah. :evil:
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

User avatar
Samildanach
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1007
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:46 am
Location: Gwynedd, North Wales
Contact:

Postby Samildanach » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:40 pm

Biiiillions of coursework. Damnation.
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

User avatar
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: York, baby

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:27 am

Seminar in 9 hours time. Balls.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.



Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

User avatar
Lick Mars
I am the Law!
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:26 am

my advent calendar giving me something i dont like for the second morning running. whos idea was it to buy Celebrations ones, I don't like Snickers or Bountys and I want some chocolate damnit!!







:eyes:
Image

User avatar
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: York, baby

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:38 am

My advent calendar hasn't arrived from home yet...my mum always sends me one up! :cry:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.



Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes