movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Luke_X
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Luke_X » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:56 pm

ish42 wrote:
Luke_X wrote: it was quite distracting when you see the character snarling with anger and he sounds like he is speaking for an audio book.

What audiobooks are you listening to? As with everything, there are good and bad voice actors, but I wouldn't say lack of inflection/emotion is often a problem.

I meant more that it just sounded he was reading the words rather then portraying the emotion of the character, which is generally the way Daniel Craig acts anyway. Andy Serkis for example goes full whack with his performances. Just look at lord of the rings as a good example.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Recently decided to revisit the Harry Potter films. Got Philosopher's Stone from Lovefilm the other day and it was enjoyable enough.
Decided to add the rest of the series to my Lovefilm queue, putting Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban as high priority, so I'd get them first.
Just got an e-mail from Lovefilm, my next rentals are on their way:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt 2

Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Lovefilm makes me laugh. They know you don't want to watch the films in their chronological order.

Although in fairness to the HP films, they do get better and better with each film.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:23 pm

anchorman 2 needs trident death 2.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:37 pm

It needs all the guest stars from the other news teams again as well. Tim Robbins was hilarious.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Luke_X wrote:Lovefilm makes me laugh. They know you don't want to watch the films in their chronological order.

Although in fairness to the HP films, they do get better and better with each film.

Just gets me that the 3 they're sending were, yes, all added on the same night, but are buried in 60+ titles at "normal" priority, with Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban (along with Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy) being the only titles as "high" priority. Fair enough, they might not have had copies of those 3 to hand when choosing my next ones, but why pick the last 3 films when I've got most of the fucking series in my list?? I probably wouldn't mind if they skipped the next 2 and sent Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix. Just annoyed that they're sending the last 3 films, as I won't watch them and will have to wait until next week for my next discs!
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:51 pm

i just got my first lovefilm rental. i don't know what it is (other than it's a film with romain duris in) because i just searched a few actors and clicked rent on everything.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:54 pm

I did that with a few. Looking at my list I don't actually care if I ever receive some of them :lol:
That, or I'm finding that when the films arrive, I'm not in the mood to watch them anymore, so they sit there for a week and I later realise that I'm paying £13/month for a disc of a film I don't care about to sit on my bedside cabinet..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:58 pm

i've only got a free trial heh. but if it's fun i might continue. just probably on the £5/month one because i am trying to cut down on stupid spending. but i figured it might make me less inclined to buy dvds that i only watch once!

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Tbh even with me wasting it like that, £13/month for 3 discs at a time with unlimited rentals is a bargain. Plus their selection is huge.
The way I look at it is, if I bought every film that caught my eye, instead of renting from them, I'd be paying out way more than a measly £13 each month.
Take this Harry Potter thing for example, I'm renting them on Blu-ray. If I'd bought the BR box set, it'd have cost me 3 times what I pay for my subscription :lol:
Only difference being I'd get to watch them in order, in good time of each other.. :P
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:38 am

Saw Wild Bill and Act of Valour on Tuesday.

Wild Bill was awesome. Very good directing debut from Dexter Fletcher.

Act of Valour was pretty bad.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

UtopianBlaster7
Denim Demon

Postby UtopianBlaster7 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:47 am

Immense amount of cheddar -
Wise Guy

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Oh dear.

Universal have announced pre-production on a sequel to Twins with Arnold and Danny returning. It will be called Triplets and will feature Eddie Murphey as the 3rd brother. This is wrong on so many levels.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Luke_X wrote:Oh dear.

Universal have announced pre-production on a sequel to Twins with Arnold and Danny returning. It will be called Triplets and will feature Eddie Murphey as the 3rd brother. This is wrong on so many levels.

Almost as wrong as The Three Stooges remake..

Also I am having a difficult time getting excited for either The Avengers or the new Batman films..as a nerd I feel there must be something wrong with me :lol:
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Batman I could understand. I'm hesitating getting behind because the 2nd was fantastic and then i saw the footage of Bane. That dialogue was hard to understand without subtitles.

Avengers however im stoked about. This could really change the status of super hero movies, and open it it up to some massive comics for films like The Boys. This is huge having these huge characters work together in one film. Plus I'm dying to know who the villain(s) is/are.