movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Luke_X
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Luke_X » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:29 am

Delightful-Jim wrote:
Luke_X wrote:
Strange is in the works as [img]his%20medallion%20was%20shown%20in%20Thor[/img]. Black Panther is pretty likely as well considering how much they talk about vibranium.

HOLY SHIT WHY DID NO NOT NOTICE THIS!?

YES!

There are two people I think would be perfect for the role of Strange. Liam Neeson, or Hugh Laurie. Either of them playing Dr.Strange would make me very happy :D

Well as long as it isn't someone too young. I've always seen Strange as a man of maturity and knowledge compared to the Avenger team, like he should school them on things they dont know. He would work very well in the film franchise because he can form a bridge between the characters, like they have used agent Colson for.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 am

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:
Delightful-Jim wrote:What did he say again? I remember laughing at it but not the words in specific :/

But yeah, if you got the ending of Avengers, you totally qualify as a geek. :lol:

Sent you a PM that sums it up nicely :lol:

It wouldn't be the Q word, would it? Because I noticed that and nobody else reacted to it.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:41 am

Yeah it's the Q word he means

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:48 am

Yeah I thought that was a bit of an odd one. As well as one of the suggestions Tony Stark had for Banner keeping calm.

Needless to say, everything I have to say about Avengers Assemble (nope, never going to get used to that title) has been covered tenfold. Plus the ending left me in the grey geek/not geek category. I knew it meant all kinds of epic and win, but wasn't sure why.
Plus, Scarlett Johansson in tight leather. In 3D. Dat. Ass.
10/10
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:52 am

She was genuinely entertaining though. I thought she'd have been used as simple eye candy but nope! She had funny lines and scenarios and a little bit of depth and character development. Pretty much every character did, besides Hawkeye.

Was it just me or was he a little under-dressed? He just wore black. I wanted the silly purple suit dammit :(
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:59 am

jamestomo wrote:Yea I read about it and apparently in the end Edward Norton didn't end up bothering to reprise his role as Bruce Banner for whatever reason, but I think Ruffalo did quite a good job anyways.

He wanted to, the studios didn't want him. From july 2010...

''For two years, Edward Norton and Marvel have been dancing around whether or not he'll reprise his role as the Hulk in The Avengers. Norton has insisted he's simply waiting by the phone for Marvel to call him up, and that he was eager to return to the character, but nothing has ever happened.

Now, Drew McWeeny of HitFix is reporting that Marvel plans to hire an unknown to play the Hulk in The Avengers. Reportedly, Norton even met with Joss Whedon (who, it must be said, is still unconfirmed but is actively working on the film) and the two hit it off very well. Norton supposedly even cleared his schedule with goodwill. But no offer has been extended to him. In fact, Marvel has made it clear that they're moving on and giving the role to someone else -- someone cheaper. McWeeny writes, "In early conversations, it sounds like a deal could be made here, and simply wasn't. Norton's desire to return to the role was so palpable at SXSW, and that was before he met with Whedon, that I can't imagine he would refuse to negotiate or find some way to satisfy Marvel. So the question is really why won't Marvel try to make Norton happy at all when he obviously brings so much weight to the team?"''

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:23 pm

Right decision as far as I'm concerned. Ruffalo brings a lot more to the role than Norton did. He felt stiff, and just didn't feel right. There's a warmth to Ruffalo that just makes him seem so believable in the character, and the chemistry he has with the other heroes was excellent...I don't think Norton would have had that.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:19 pm

I thought Bruce was played kind of awkwardly. But that's something that Mark Ruffalo can do a lot better than Ed Norton. I think had Norton reprised his role, we'd have had a very different Bruce Banner.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:24 pm

The Avengers 10/10. It was unbelievably good.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue May 01, 2012 10:28 am

Watched Demons 1&2 back-to-back last night. Not only are they awesome movies, but the Blu-Ray transfers are amazing. Feels weird calling italian splatter movies "beautiful" but they really are. They look like they were made last week! Should be expected from Arrow though, their dedication to releasing the best possible quality in cult films is second to none.
Shame they're not doing the re-release of Return of the Living Dead, but I'm eager to see how it looks on Blu-Ray. Even if it's just a notch higher than my DVD I'll be happy - it's got the "More Brains!" documentary as a bonus disc :D

Also, last night it occurred to me that I now have 3 copies of Demons 2 - VHS, DVD and Blu-Ray :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue May 01, 2012 12:18 pm

pretty much the same as everyone else has said about the avengers ( i refuse to use the silly name) 10/10
my only complaints are that captain america didnt really need to be there. he's a big part of the avengers but against the enemies in the movie he was really the least useful of them all which shouldnt have been the case. also hulk not being able to lift thors hammer. he should have been shown to struggle, but hulk can lift thors hammer. minor issues and the movie was amazing so still 10/10

SPOILERS

i'll be interested as to where thanos will appear, iron man 3 or avengers 2?

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Tue May 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Thor 2 most likely. His gauntlet made an appearance in the film very briefly IIRC.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue May 01, 2012 12:23 pm

CrappyMike wrote:pretty much the same as everyone else has said about the avengers ( i refuse to use the silly name) 10/10
my only complaints are that captain america didnt really need to be there. he's a big part of the avengers but against the enemies in the movie he was really the least useful of them all which shouldnt have been the case. also hulk not being able to lift thors hammer. he should have been shown to struggle, but hulk can lift thors hammer. minor issues and the movie was amazing so still 10/10

I think that because Captain America is "The Soldier", he was most useful in the battle as a kind of commander. He did his fair share of ass kicking on the ground, as well as being his "for the people" character (advising the police to evacuate the towers through the subways to keep them safe, etc) for the "Fuck yeah, America!" effect.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue May 01, 2012 1:20 pm

New Batman trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

And saw Avengers last night in 3D.

It was fucking awesome.

And I was kinda sad because I was a bit drunk by the end of the film (We have one of those awesome cinemas with a bar in it) and mistook Thanos for Apocolaypse. Still. Thanos is also pretty awesome.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue May 01, 2012 1:45 pm

CrappyMike wrote:lso hulk not being able to lift thors hammer. he should have been shown to struggle, but hulk can lift thors hammer.

Can he? I thought you had to have the power of Odin or something to lift Thor's hammer?