movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby CrappyMike » Tue May 01, 2012 3:46 pm

generally yes which is why thor can lift it despite hulk being much stronger. the hammer is too heavy for anyone else to lift but hulk can lift it through sheer strength, though he would never be able to use it the way thor can and would struggle, he can lift and throw the hammer.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue May 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Jobdone wrote:New Batman trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

And saw Avengers last night in 3D.

It was fucking awesome.

And I was kinda sad because I was a bit drunk by the end of the film (We have one of those awesome cinemas with a bar in it) and mistook Thanos for Apocolaypse. Still. Thanos is also pretty awesome.

i did the same thing at first :lol:

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue May 01, 2012 3:51 pm

The only time hulk has lifted thors hammer (i haven't seen avengers yet) is in the first animated Avengers movie. I was told by someone else that, in the comics, hulk shouldn't be able to lift the hammer as he isn't noble like thor or captain america.

karmakollapse
Paster of Muppets

Postby karmakollapse » Tue May 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Whether Hulk has or hasn't picked up the hammer in the comics or other films is irrelevant; he shouldn't, cause it's a magic hammer that only those worthy can pick up. It'd be lame if Hulk could just through sheer strength.

As for what film 'that bad guy' will appear in, it won't be Iron Man 3 (nor should it), and I'd hope it isn't Thor 2. Unless he is in the background; he is too major a villain to be handled by one hero alone... especially if he has a certain glove.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue May 01, 2012 4:44 pm

It's most likely he will appear in Avengers 2 as I'm sure they will use Thor 2 to set him up properly, or even cap 2.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue May 01, 2012 4:51 pm

karmakollapse wrote:especially if he has a certain glove.

Oh dear god please.

please.

please.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Tue May 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Oh I thought it was in one of the previous films. Guess not.

Yeah..he's going to fuck shit up.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue May 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Just back from watching Avengers Assemble in magnificent threedimensionaloramavision.

Well, it's just all type of awesome really isn't it. 8)

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Tue May 01, 2012 6:41 pm

So, Benedict Comberbach will be playing Khan in the new Star Trek.

Recently watched:

Infidel: Laboured culture clash comedy 3/10
Hobo With A Shotgun: Doesn't quite deliver, but wins points for closing with the theme song from the Racoons 6/10
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol: Excellent set peices liven up ho hum plot 7/10
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo: Never saw what the fuss was about the book or the original film, so no criticism about hollywood ransacking euro flicks, but in the end this is a decent film 8/10
Clash Of The Titans - another CGI borefest, would be OK if they bothered giving the actors actual characters to play, but not even Gemma Arterton could save this 5/10
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Tue May 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Jobdone wrote:New Batman trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

Even more excited about this now! I still don't think it will top Avengers but it'll be damn good!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue May 01, 2012 10:23 pm

karmakollapse wrote:Whether Hulk has or hasn't picked up the hammer in the comics or other films is irrelevant; he shouldn't, cause it's a magic hammer that only those worthy can pick up. It'd be lame if Hulk could just through sheer strength.

As for what film 'that bad guy' will appear in, it won't be Iron Man 3 (nor should it), and I'd hope it isn't Thor 2. Unless he is in the background; he is too major a villain to be handled by one hero alone... especially if he has a certain glove.

his first appearance in the comics was in iron man, though i agree the next avengers movie is the logical place for him to appear.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Tue May 01, 2012 10:27 pm

Also worth noting that Ruffalo has been listed to make 6 more Hulk appearances in the future.

http://filmjamblog.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... pearances/
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed May 02, 2012 4:38 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:Also worth noting that Ruffalo has been listed to make 6 more Hulk appearances in the future.

http://filmjamblog.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... pearances/

They (marvel) have had all the actors sign for a minimum of 6 films, with the exception being Samuel l Jackson who signed for 9. But as they still seem wary of a new Hulk film, we may not see him again until Avengers 2 or as a sub character in one of the other films.

So I finally saw The Avengers and can now read this thread again.

It was a great film, some good casting and thankfully they didn't focus on just one actor. The film flowed well and had a steady pace to it. Visually it looked great and the direction is some of the best I've seen from whedon. Despite this being the ruffalo's debut film in this franchise, he did shine out the most, and some of 'hulks' scenes were the most fun, I.e. his confrontation with Loki. So hopefully he gets used more. I think giving it 10/10 is pushing it as I don't want proclaim it best film of the year yet. So 9.5/10 for me now.

I do hope this gets some bafta, golden globe and Oscar nominations as they really deserve it with the effort they have put in.

Also the Thanos set up will be for Avengers 2,as mentioned he is too big a villain for just one character but i expect he will be mentioned in Thor 2 and Loki will be involved in getting him the Infinity Gaulnet as its locked in Asgards vaults.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Wed May 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Didn't see this at my showing, think it's a US only thing. Apparently there is a 2nd comedy moment after credits of the Avengers team post-battle quietly eating shwarma for about a minute, no dialogue.

If this is true, it better be in the Blu Ray when it's released as it's fecking hilarious.

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Wed May 02, 2012 10:43 pm

Yeah i've just googled it, it is only US that got that second scene, yank quim's.

Anyways tonight I watched firstly Jurassic Park- The Lost World.
Still a great film even now, and surprisingly even though it's been years since I've watched it I could remember pretty much all of it as well as some of the things people were about to say :eyes:

Secondly watched Saw II.
I'm not a Saw fan to be honest, I've only ever watched the first one and that's because a friend pretty much forced me to watch it. Anyway me and my Dad decided to watch number 2 tonight and I supposed I did enjoy it, especially because it pretty much constantly kept you wondering what the fuck was going on and even by the end I still was like "LOL WUT?"