movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Turbo » Mon May 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Loads of people have said thats a cracking film. I just don't think its going to be my cup of tea. Something about Marvel comic films leave me cold. The only comics I collected as a kid was the Beano and the Dandy.

They'd be welcome to make a film on the Numskulls. Fucking adored that in the Beano.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue May 08, 2012 1:29 am

Turbo wrote:They'd be welcome to make a film on the Numskulls. Fucking adored that in the Beano.

I remember reading the Numskulls when they were in The Beezer, way before they jumped over to The Beano.
:oops:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue May 08, 2012 5:49 am

Turbo wrote:Loads of people have said thats a cracking film. I just don't think its going to be my cup of tea. Something about Marvel comic films leave me cold. The only comics I collected as a kid was the Beano and the Dandy.

They'd be welcome to make a film on the Numskulls. Fucking adored that in the Beano.

Hardly anyone reads comics any more...and this film has broken box office records. So I think it's safe to say you don't have to be a comic book fan to enjoy it!

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Tue May 08, 2012 8:09 am

Soze wrote:
Turbo wrote:Loads of people have said thats a cracking film. I just don't think its going to be my cup of tea. Something about Marvel comic films leave me cold. The only comics I collected as a kid was the Beano and the Dandy.

Hardly anyone reads comics any more...and this film has broken box office records. So I think it's safe to say you don't have to be a comic book fan to enjoy it!

I don't read comics, and I didn't really get the fascination with the previous Marvel films, but I enjoyed the Avengers a lot!

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Tue May 08, 2012 8:17 am

American Pie Reunion.. Best of the lot hands down! Stifler and Mr Levenstine especially are both legends. Pissed my sides all the way through

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue May 08, 2012 9:56 am

Turbo wrote:Saw films are nowhere near the worst horror movies ever. Not with 8 Hellraisers in existance.

Perhaps I am being unfair, the first two are pretty good films, but the following 6 sequels are fucking tripe. They were scraping the barrel so hard one of them was set in fucking space for fuck sake.

hmmmm, I only class the first 3 films as real Hellraiser films, 4 and 5 are terrible and 6 to 8 so bad they never got released over here!

I still enjoy the first 3, they're very dated now and cheesey as hell, but still really fun gorefests. Actually it's a similar situation to Saw in that there were 3 decent films that should have been left as a trilogy, but then it got flogged to death with endless dreadful sequels.

Totally agree about Hellraiser 4....hmmm, how can we make the series more interesting? That's it, blast Pinhead off into outer space! I genuinely was expecting a musical Hellraiser with a dancing Pinhead after that. 7 also deserves a mention for having a title that isn't actually a real word, "Deader"!!!

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue May 08, 2012 10:00 am

jamestomo wrote:American Pie Reunion.. Best of the lot hands down! Stifler and Mr Levenstine especially are both legends. Pissed my sides all the way through

Was about level with 1 & 2, definitely better than The Wedding and all the crappy spin offs.

Watched it on Sunday in London and got anally raped having to pay over 13 quid each at the cinema for it, grrr.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue May 08, 2012 11:26 am

bloodfiend wrote:
jamestomo wrote:American Pie Reunion.. Best of the lot hands down! Stifler and Mr Levenstine especially are both legends. Pissed my sides all the way through

Was about level with 1 & 2, definitely better than The Wedding and all the crappy spin offs.

Watched it on Sunday in London and got anally raped having to pay over 13 quid each at the cinema for it, grrr.

I agree although I did like 3 just not what they did with Stiffler being mature. I did like the fact it kinda looked over all the films except the wedding and acted as more of a direct sequel to the first film. It was also great to see stiffler *spoiler* as a sweet payback. It did seem to nod massivly at a sequel but I'd be happy if this was the last film, no need to flog it death.
Last edited by Luke_X on Tue May 08, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue May 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Cheers for the spoiler, Luke!
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue May 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Sorry. i thought you had seen it. removed and no cookies for me. i won't spoil who has a guest appearence for you then.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Going to watch American Pie either Friday or Saturday.

Said a few pages ago id watched the American Pie Presents. Not a good film in the three I have seen with "The House of Love" still to watch.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Wed May 09, 2012 7:27 pm

This Means War - Relatively inoffensive comedy. Overall it was better tham most films of it's type & had some decent moments in it. 6/10.

The Rum Diary - Read the book instead. Movie was bad side of average hence a score of 3/10 (most of this comes from the fact the Amber Heard is insanely hot).

Outpost: Black Sun - Horror Sequel to a decent little indie film. I was actually expecting this to be terrible. Fair enough it's not great by any means, but was a reasonably decent way to waste an hour & a half. 6/10

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed May 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:Outpost: Black Sun - Horror Sequel to a decent little indie film. I was actually expecting this to be terrible. Fair enough it's not great by any means, but was a reasonably decent way to waste an hour & a half. 6/10

im still waiting for this to get a uk release. it's so delayed, im starting to think the prequel, which they are filming now, will be released before it.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Wed May 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Myself, my stock manager and a few colleagues have decided to work our way through the IMDB top 250. I got started with Shawshank last night. Forgot how fucking brilliant that film is.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed May 09, 2012 8:24 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:Myself, my stock manager and a few colleagues have decided to work our way through the IMDB top 250. I got started with Shawshank last night. Forgot how fucking brilliant that film is.

I started this about a year or so back, I've done around 180 at the moment. Given myself a break as I went through a run of films which bored the shit out of me. I'm pretty close to doing the top 100. Much to my surprise this experiment has turned me into a big fan of Woody Allen and Charlie Chaplin ( I was dreading watching some of the latter! ).