movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Luke_X
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Luke_X » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:44 pm

They promoted the shit out of it in the us, it got a brief trailer around xmas time in the UK. Tbh it was never going to be big.

As for Ghost Rider 2, I loved it (the first film was absolute shit). But I know I'm in a minority for this but i couldn't care. The sfx are awesome, the story is there and the direction was superb for Neveldine and Taylor. They will never be mainstream directors, but I don't care as long as crank 3 happens.

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:56 pm

I love the Crank films, but Ghost Rider was just boring, which is something I can't say about Crank :|

And the FX were horrendous, that's the problem with Bluray, it makes flaws in the FX a lot more obvious

Green Man
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Andrewhall28 wrote:Ghost Rider Spirit Of Vengeance 1/10

seriously how could they get this so wrong, when on paper it should be so right, you have the team behind the Crank films, both of which I love and are totally insane, so give them Ghost Rider and make an adult version right ?

Wrong, give them $50 and a camera, I didn't even get to the end of this film, it was just, well boring :|

Thanks for saving me $5.99. The ridiculous cost of renting off the TV since all the nearby DVD rental places have closed down.

Iron Man 2 bored the shit out of me so I'm glad I waited on this one.

I think the problem with many of these superhero films is they try to hard to focus on the actor playing them. We don't care about their secret identity! Just put the fucking mask on and fly around!

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:25 am

I thought Iron Man 2 was brilliant, nowhere near as good as the first,but still a damn good sequel

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 am

Andrewhall28 wrote:I thought Iron Man 2 was brilliant, nowhere near as good as the first,but still a damn good sequel

That, almost. I did think it was close to being as good as the first. I've not been able to watch a Monaco GP since without thinking of it. :lol: :lol:

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:58 am

IM2 was great, but it wasnt the step up that I was expecting. Plus the villain was the most unimaginative character ever. I have high hopes for IM3 as they are covering the extremis storyline, which is nothing but good things as long as they dont mess it up.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:19 am

I think the real logical step is that they just all the stories leading up and then make a Civil War storyline.

Though I don't know how well they can do that without the Spiderman license, because he was a pretty huge part of it.

Ah well.

A man can dream.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:54 am

While seeing Civil War would be awesome, I can't see it happening anytime soon, especially as Spiderman,Punisher, fantastic 4 are tangled up in other studios. It would work best as a set of animated movies.

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:19 am

Jobdone wrote:I think the real logical step is that they just all the stories leading up and then make a Civil War storyline.

Though I don't know how well they can do that without the Spiderman license, because he was a pretty huge part of it.

Ah well.

A man can dream.

I think it helps that I don't read the comics :lol:

I literally see these as movies and nothing else, i have nothing else in my head going, well that's not right, that looks wrong, the same for me with Green Lantern, I never knew anything about it other than the DC animated movie I have, and I thought the film was fantastic

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:24 am

First viral for Robocop

Looking okay tbf, but OmniCorp? :x

It was, and always will be Omni Consumer Products.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:29 am

Andrewhall28 wrote:
Jobdone wrote:I think the real logical step is that they just all the stories leading up and then make a Civil War storyline.

Ah well.

A man can dream.

I think it helps that I don't read the comics :lol:

I literally see these as movies and nothing else, i have nothing else in my head going, well that's not right, that looks wrong, the same for me with Green Lantern, I never knew anything about it other than the DC animated movie I have, and I thought the film was fantastic

it helps that the film really was good. people just like to moan i think, i know the comics somewhat, more x-men and spiderman than anything else but i've never had a problem with any of the movies. except deadpool in the wolverine origins movie. seriously what the fuck was that :x

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:32 am

Darkweasel wrote:First viral for Robocop

I can't get angry over this sort of thing, re-makes and reboots don't suddenly mean the original no longer exists, this is one man's vision of another person's story, if you hate this version, just watch the original

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:08 pm

I still think a Robocop remake is really un-needed. But if the official trailer looks good, i may see it at the cinema or i may just wait for the dvd.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Tbh my main issue is the uninventiveness of it all.

There are some remakes/reboots that make sense, such as the Hulk one.

Though it's mainly a business decision I guess. It's way easier to market and get people to see Total Recall remake than it is to market, say, John Carter :P

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Andrewhall28 wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:First viral for Robocop

I can't get angry over this sort of thing, re-makes and reboots don't suddenly mean the original no longer exists, this is one man's vision of another person's story, if you hate this version, just watch the original

I shall watch it purely to piss and moan about it. 8)

Which is more than I will be doing for Total Recall, that's for sure.