movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
GetToTheChoppar
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby GetToTheChoppar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:56 am

MetalBeast wrote:Does anyone else think Bane's voice in The Dark Knight Rises sounded like Sean Connery trying to impersonate Nelson Mandela?

It did a bit. :lol:

His voice was fine apart from when he shouted or strained it at all, then it got a bit cringy.
Turbo wrote:Move on, fuck her off. Smoke crack and worship satan.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:15 pm

GetToTheChoppar wrote:
MetalBeast wrote:Does anyone else think Bane's voice in The Dark Knight Rises sounded like Sean Connery trying to impersonate Nelson Mandela?

His voice was fine apart from when he shouted or strained it at all, then it got a bit cringy.

Apart from sounding like a voice over and not fitting with the other dialogue I cant complain about his voice.

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:26 pm

jamestomo wrote:Just watched Ted

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially at this bit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9rX_KG0t9Q

That is all.

That is a good bit...I found the whole film to be very average. Standard Rom-Com with a few half decent jokes in it. You,Me and Dupree but substituting Owen Wilson with an actor.

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Luke_X wrote:
GetToTheChoppar wrote:

Apart from sounding like a voice over and not fitting with the other dialogue I cant complain about his voice.

I think it's the part of the movie that makes you remember it's a comic book film, they are very different in style to what you would expect from a comic book franchise in style, definately have that dark edge and tone throughout, the Marvel films seem to have dark [arts, but then goes nice and fluffy and always bring some humour in to it, I think this is why I love this Nolan trilogy, it doesn't insult the audience, it's grim, it seems hopeless, and makes no bones that Bruce Wayne is tortoured mentally for the entire 3 films, awesome movies

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Plus, in Nolan's trilogy, they're not afraid to kill innocent people. Whereas in Marvel films, the hero is there just in time to save the day. The Dark Knight films don't shy away from the fact that the hero is just a man.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:45 pm

If only they would do that with The Punisher. The recent fan film by Thomas Jane (the second punisher) was a great example in capturing the grit and gore of the max comics. He really can't be done justice if the film is certified less than 18 and he really can't be included in anything Avenger related.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Luke_X wrote:If only they would do that with The Punisher. The recent fan film by Thomas Jane (the second punisher) was a great example in capturing the grit and gore of the max comics. He really can't be done justice if the film is certified less than 18 and he really can't be included in anything Avenger related.

I've never read any Punisher books, so I could be way off here, but..
I actually loved Punisher: War Zone. It had the wacky comic-book feel, but with the violence and gore I was lead to expect from The Punisher.
I liked the Thomas Jane film (as in The Punisher. Not seen his fan film), but felt it waffled a bit and tried to be a bit more serious than it needed to be. I only look down on it in contrast with War Zone, though. War Zone is just fun, crazy and violent - exactly how I want my comic book movies to be.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:55 pm

I actually couldn't watch Warzone, it was just too eurgh for me :|

Just felt like it was being gory for the sake of it, how nasty can we make this guy's death, I did enjoy the first movie though

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:13 pm

Punisher is beast as shit.

I'll always remember him for a moment in Civil War where the underground resistance heroes were trying to recruit some more people to their side and a couple of villians were down to discuss deals.

Punisher bursts in the door

"NO DEALS"

blows both their heads off with shotguns.

Punisher is the shit.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:35 pm

War Zone is the closest of the 3 films to the comics but is still very far off. For example, in one book the Punisher inturupts a mafia dinner letting all of them chase after him only to mow them down with a machine gun. Another would be the way he punishes one villain by knocking him out and then hanging his intestines around a set of trees so that he could delay his death and be more painful.

The fan film can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

You'll notice a cameo from Ron Perlman. I could see Marvel picking this up but I think they will be wary of making an 18 film but then they did it with Blade.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Andrewhall28 wrote:I actually couldn't watch Warzone, it was just too eurgh for me :|

Just felt like it was being gory for the sake of it, how nasty can we make this guy's death, I did enjoy the first movie though

Remember, I'm a total sucker for gore :yes:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:10 pm

I have a huge soft spot for the first Thomas Jane Punisher, even though I couldn't take the villain seriously at all. Funny that the main criticism that the film received is that it appeared that Frank Castle found no solace or relief in what he was doing, and it didn't feel like he actually won in the end.

..Well yeah. His family is dead ffs. It's not supposed to have a happy ending, the point is that revenge (or Punishment) is never the right action as it doesn't really "fix" anything. It's supposed to be grim and dystopian.

Plus the gore in the film was hilarious.

I didn't see War Zone though, or the fan film.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Found Raging Bull on DVD when tidying my desk up a bit. Haven't seen it in years, gonna stick it on now.
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:27 pm

V/H/S

Some unbelievably loud and annoying American kids break into a house to steal a videotape, but instead find a load of them and, as you do in a dark, spooky, damp basement, immediately start watching them.
Thus begins the worst horror anthology ever made.

Story 1.
Something about a girl who eats people. 2/10

Story 2.
A couple go on holiday. Ends with a beheading. 3/10

Story 3.
Some kids in the woods whoop and shriek a lot before getting killed by a pixellated psychopath. Probably the best of the stories.
5/10

Story 4.
A webcam, some tits, possible ghosties, a sore arm and a pokey fork thing.
2/10

Story 5. Yes there's five of them (six if you include the wraparound story).
Some kids at a fancy dress party stumble across a girl being tied up by religious types. It's meant to have a twist but it fails epically. It also features special effects.
Really shit ones that made me laugh out loud.
2/10

The idea of a found footage film where people in a found footage film find found footage might have sounded good to the makers while stoned out of their boxes at 3am on a Saturday morning but in reality it's a shabby, poorly thrown together mishmash of unoriginal, tired ideas and its sole purpose seems only to be to give you a blinding headache after twenty minutes.
3/10

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:14 am

Joss Whedon has signed on to direct The Avengers 2 and develop a live action marvel series, as well as contribute to the next phase (i imagine phase 3 as they are already working on phase 2) of the marvel cinematic universe up to June 2015. So hopefully this means Avengers 2 will be out in 2015.