movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Andy Hall » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 pm

Another Statham fan here, his new film Parker is out end if the month, I highly recommend The Mechanic and War where he goes against Jet Li
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:41 am

Ghost wrote:Ah I've never watched The Thing and then The Thing back to back. I have The Thing on dvd but then rented The Thing to watch. I'm tempted to watch The Thing followed by The Thing but then maybe watch The Thing again. Not sure where The thing from another world will fit in with that ha ha.

Ahh, I have The Thing on DVD and The Thing and The Thing on Blu-Ray. I've watched The Thing, then The Thing on Blu-Ray and that's why I know it works well. Haven't tried to include The Thing From Another World yet.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:48 am

Andy Hall wrote:Another Statham fan here, his new film Parker is out end if the month, I highly recommend The Mechanic and War where he goes against Jet Li

I can't wait for Parker.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Saw Django Unchained today, it was superb. Certainly the most epic movie Tarantino has ever done and I don't think I can find fault in it at all. If you like Tarantino movies, I don't see how you could not like it...if you don't like Tarantino movies, I wouldn't bother :)
It had all of his usual trademarks, OTT violence, intriguing dialogue, plenty of quotable lines, uncomfortable but brilliant humour, great cinematography and once again superb performances from all the cast. As expected Christoph Waltz does steal the movie, but Foxx, DiCaprio and Jackson are all excellent!

Second 10/10 movie this week!

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:54 pm

angel_of_death wrote:Saw Django Unchained today, it was superb. Certainly the most epic movie Tarantino has ever done and I don't think I can find fault in it at all. If you like Tarantino movies, I don't see how you could not like it...if you don't like Tarantino movies, I wouldn't bother :)
It had all of his usual trademarks, OTT violence, intriguing dialogue, plenty of quotable lines, uncomfortable but brilliant humour, great cinematography and once again superb performances from all the cast. As expected Christoph Waltz does steal the movie, but Foxx, DiCaprio and Jackson are all excellent!

Second 10/10 movie this week!

This as well for me. To begin with, I thought nigger was being said too much but as the film went on I noticed it less. While not Tarrantinos usual sporadic story telling style, the story was well placed and didnt need you to remember what happened 50 minutes ago. Waltz definitely deserves an Oscar for his role, and DiCaprio wasn't a complete bell end in this film.

My gf loved it but though it was too violent but I told that's what makes it a Tarrantino film.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:51 am

Rewatched Snake Eyes with a mate on teamspeak because we fancied some shit.

I know "LOL NIC CAGE BEST ACTOR" has become somewhat of a joke or meme or whatever, but god damn, the man does his job fucking well.

Really interesting movie too.

8/10.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:08 am

I think Nic Cage is one of the actors people hate because It's fun. I personally think hes a great actor. He's done a few questionable roles but he has a solid set of films behind him.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:44 pm

True - I think his choices over the last few years have been dictated by his tax bills more than quality.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 pm

I like Nicolas Cage but he really makes it easy for his critics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:09 pm

What's a good "scary" film that's genuinely scary?

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Les Miserables.

9/10

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Jobdone wrote:Les Miserables.

9/10

Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:41 pm

someone else wrote:True - I think his choices over the last few years have been dictated by his tax bills more than quality.

I don't know, he did Justice last year and that wad a cracking film , I think his best roles are in films like 8mm, I like his films mostly
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Watched Seven today. An interesting film. Very dark and a great thriller, but the ending left me wondering why. But I'll give huge credit to Brad Pitt for his acting. Very impressive. 8/10

Last Boy Scout - echos of Lethal Weapon with less awesome. A good film but just wasn't quite right. 7/10

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:55 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:What's a good "scary" film that's genuinely scary?

Them, the french film, is pretty eerie IIRC

The Grudge as well is pretty willfuckupyoursleepschedule-y
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.