movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Soze » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Melancholia is an excellent film but it's not something I'd ever re-watch.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Watched Evil Dead today. It's never going to replace the original in my affections but I found it a pleasant enough couple of hours entertainment. Very gory but about as scary as a kitten in a babysuit. The deadites weren't talkative enough but, fair play, it's every bit as nasty and visceral as was promised. Even sat through the end credits for a (very brief) Brucey Bonus!

karastorm
Warrior of Metal

Postby karastorm » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:48 pm

Re-watching Demon hunter : the resurrection , Fricking fantastic cinema art. Got to love some of the things I find from Cine Asia.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Maniac

Scary Frodo carries a big knife and scalps women who remind him of his mother.

Much like the original 1980 slasher flick, this new version acts more as a character study than a movie with a definite plot, and the first person perspective employed to show this is well done and doesn't get tiresome or irritating like I thought it might.
Elijah Wood makes a very good psycho, the scalping scenes range from good to excellent, the homages to the original film are nice (especially the reenactment of the old video cover), and the story, although similar to the original, is sufficiently different to keep the interest levels up for those already familiar with the original.
One other thing worth mentioning is the excellent music score. Very similar to Daft Punk's Tron Legacy soundtrack.

8/10

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:12 pm

I was a bit disappointed at Iron Man 3 but I preferred it to the second one.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:32 pm

karastorm wrote:Re-watching Demon hunter : the resurrection , Fricking fantastic cinema art. Got to love some of the things I find from Cine Asia.

I have it, yet to get in the mood to see it though :lol:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

karastorm
Warrior of Metal

Postby karastorm » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:45 pm

it is hit and miss with it being in madnrin ( english sub titles) but I found it very enjoyable to watch. It's very classic Chinese cinema with the " if you can do martial arts you can do magic" aspect of thing's. What wire work there is in it is Wonderful.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 pm

karastorm wrote:it is hit and miss with it being in madnrin ( english sub titles) but I found it very enjoyable to watch. It's very classic Chinese cinema with the " if you can do martial arts you can do magic" aspect of thing's. What wire work there is in it is Wonderful.

I have a hell of a lot of these movies, I pretty much get anything Cineasia release, I can highly recommend Detective Dee aswell, think Sherlock Holmes with martial arts and weird magic

But the best film I have seen in ages from Cineasia was Woochi The Demon Slayer
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

karastorm
Warrior of Metal

Postby karastorm » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:30 pm

Strange thing is I found this in a Asda of all places. Last place I usally look for Oriental cinema was HMV's section ( not that it had much) but that's not as good as it used to be.

Still trying to find a copy of Hero on dvd, for some reason it's a bit hard to find.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Play.com :yes:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Second trip to the cinema in 2 days...Iron Man 3 was great fun, Marvel films are becoming predictably enjoyable. Don't want to spoil anything but I can imagine comic book geeks throwing their toys out of the pram about one thing...and the end credit scene is amusing but not entirely worth sitting through ten minutes of nothing for!

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Cinema day tomorrow as it's half price Tuesday, Iron Man 3 followed by Olympus Has Fallen, should be good, I also want to see the new revenge film with Noomi Rapache

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:14 pm

The Hangover 2

Unfunny f**kwits do the same unfunny f**kwitty things as before.
But this time in Bangkok and with a monkey.
Oh, and with absolutely no laughs or anything even slightly amusing happening even accidentally along the way.

Please God, take the memory of this from me/10

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:02 am

Darkweasel wrote:The Hangover 2

Oh, and with absolutely no laughs or anything even slightly amusing happening even accidentally along the way.

:lol: Spot on.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 am

Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:The Hangover 2

:lol: Spot on.

The only person i found funny was Ken Jeong. The writers clearly can only write one stylr as is evident with their new college movie. Maybe they've learnt their lesson and will write something new for part 3.