movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:55 pm

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (no spoilers)

Saw it in 3D. Cinema was only about 1/2 full, weird. Anyway yes, short answer is yes, go fuckin' see it before someone else spoils it for you. However, having gone in knowing nothing about the synopsis, I was really grateful for it and really swept along and so I want to avoid spoiling it as much as possible, yet I have a lot to say. Everything from the fantastic the visuals to "ooh, it's so and so from thingy!"

I was discussing it with my mate as we left and there are a few niggles but to go over them felt like criticising a funeral ceremony with the family of the deceased or something. Just wanna digest it emotionally first.

Oh, and Daisy Ridley (Rey) is stunning.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Yeah, the no spoiler thing is tricky because you want to talk about it but can't really.

I heard the hype and expected a flawless film. It wasn't flawless. In some ways The Force Awakens is like a reboot of A New Hope.

But the biggest disappointment was Carrie Fisher's acting or lack of direction. I'll explain more once everybody has seen the film.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:44 pm

Carrie Fisher looks to have had so much plastic surgery done that she can barely open her mouth properly when she speaks. Makes it difficult to act or emote.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:06 pm

When I point out flaws to people about the new star wars I am met with a very defensive response ha ha.
I see the bad moon arising.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:20 pm

Enough about Star Wars, I shall be watching The Revenant or The Hateful Eight. Expecting awesome things either way.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Ghost wrote:When I point out flaws to people about the new star wars I am met with a very defensive response ha ha.

Give it a wee bit. Few films get the wider public more emotionally involved than Star Wars. I kinda don't wanna pick holes in it too much right now because I want the emotional dust to settle in my head first.

Also what kinda makes it special is whilst there's always been a prominent British cast, the two (new) lead characters are British. Even more so for the contrast from what Boyega played in Attack the Block.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:01 pm

Watching it tomorrow hopefully. Might shout fuck off at some carole singers as well.

Set this as my phone wallpaper in preparartion Image

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:01 pm

:lol: forgot about that

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:23 pm

Star Wars was mint. I had to piss half way through, regretted the 2 mins I was away.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:06 pm

That's why I was cautious to buy the smallest drink I could (Tango Ice Blast - fucking lush). Ruined too many films in the past from needing a piss but holding it in and being all "end, damn you!"

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:23 pm

I was behaving like a cunt and abusing the bar that was tacked onto the side of the screen. £5.50 a pint though, and all these London lot think they get screwed over. Move over for the second city, fuckers.

Yeah I totally tapped the bottom of the bottle to ensure I got every last trace of beer out of those bottles.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Star Wars was an intense training in holding my piss. I didn't wanna miss a thing so it turns out my bladder can deal with a "large" cinema coke for over 2 hours without bursting and spilling toxics into my blood.

but seriously. Rather good movie. I could easily point at flaws, but at it's base of "Star Wars Movie", it did it's job fantastically.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:25 am

Also checking out the trailers, new Quentine Tarantino film looks grand and new Independence Day I am thinking of going back to this cinema for. Its just at the back of the Mailbox and I am still totally blown away by it. No more soulless cinemas like Cineworld.

How cute was R2D2 Ball Edition btw? I want one of those.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:16 am

When I first saw him I was like "Oh he pretty much only exists for marketing" but ending up loving him and will fall for all the marketing ploys. Gimme a keychain and a bin shaped like him and anything else you can brand.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:19 pm

http://m.disneystore.co.uk/star-wars-th ... 3/1000252/

Control it using your phone. Can properly fuck with the minds of animals particularly cats. I just need to find this money from somewhere.