movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
moongoosedani
Consort of the Beast

Postby moongoosedani » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:52 am

had to watch clerks 2 again last night. awesome...
Arrrr. To be a good follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ye should drink much meade and surround yerself with as many buxom wenches as possible.

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:39 pm

I saw the Secretary the other night again. I've seen it 3 times and each time I get drawn into the character's. I'm still annoyed at my ex who didn't want to see it in the cinema cos he thought it would be boring.
Ironically it's now one of his favourite films too!!

Still unsure of wether to see the Simpsons Movie. After all this hype and now the bad reviews I feel a bit put off. Well I may just go to make my own mind up.

I want to see harry "pothead" soon. he he, it's my inner child. Still haven't finished the book :x
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:40 pm

Transformers. I loved this film. I came out of the cinema grinning like a mong. Massive amounts of mayhem, leavened with humour. Possibly the most entertaining thing I've seen this eyar.
If I have one criticism I would make is this: an awful lot of action scenes are so fast that it's hard to work out what the hell is going on . But this seems to hold true for a lot of films.
(Also, if you go to see this and find yourself sitting next to some military fanboy in camo gear - move. He's probably going to start masturbating over all the hardware on display.)

Jaxdia
Powermetal Child

Postby Jaxdia » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:21 am

Simpsons Movie.. oddly enough. I thought it would be pants but it was pretty good. Had the audience in stitches, and it's the first time I ever went to a cinema and it ended up being like when you see on TV those overacting Americans going "oooh! aahh!" when watching a movie on "the big screen".

* Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does whatever a spiderpig does. Can he swing, from a web? No he can't, 'cos he's a pig. Look out, he's a spiderpig *

storr
Consort of the Beast

Postby storr » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:49 am

over the past few days i've watched 300, pathfinder and transformers.

pathfinder was a complete bag of wank, it had basically no storyline and was historically innacurate.

300 was a pretty good film but again it wasnt very accurate to what actually happened but i suppose thats hollywood for you.

transformers was amazing, i was expecting it to be shite but its definitley become one of my favorite films :yes:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Shore
Powermetal Child

Postby Shore » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:14 pm

I've just seen Ghost Rider: utter shite

Bauul
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bauul » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:32 pm

storr wrote:300 was a pretty good film but again it wasnt very accurate to what actually happened but i suppose thats hollywood for you.

Of course it wasn't accurate, the bloke was embeleshing the whole thing to get the Spartan council to agree to go to war, the only stuff in the film that was supposed to be accurate was that which took place back at the capital, and the last scene at the end with the reformed Greek army, everything else was made up by the narrator for dramatic effect.

And besides, comparitavely to most historical action films, it was pretty accurtae.

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:42 pm

Who cares, 300 was immense!!

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:43 pm

"SPARTANS!!!"

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

Shore
Powermetal Child

Postby Shore » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:00 pm

I don't think 300 was even meant to be remotely realistic, wasn't it based on a comic/ graphic novel or somwething similar :?

storr
Consort of the Beast

Postby storr » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Shore wrote:I don't think 300 was even meant to be remotely realistic, wasn't it based on a comic/ graphic novel or somwething similar :?

its about the battle of thermopylae. The basics are just about right but it leaves out a lot of things. in the film there are 300 spartans and a few hundred arcadians. in reality there were these and about another 3000 greeks from different city states. The film also fails to mention the huge part the athenian navy played in the battle.

as well as this, in the film when all the other greeks leave the spartans to die that isnt correct either the thesbian army also stayed and fought.

all this doesnt stop it being an excellent film though. it was a good old gore fest and i enjoyed it. i dont see why the director felt the need to send the spartans to battle in nothing but leather pants though :lol:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

OverlordofMetal
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby OverlordofMetal » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:40 pm

Someone should make an awesome Viking movie! With a killer metal soundtrack to go with it!
Snoochie boochies!!!

storr
Consort of the Beast

Postby storr » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:02 pm

OverlordofMetal wrote:Someone should make an awesome Viking movie! With a killer metal soundtrack to go with it!

i can agree with you there. are there any films about vikings out other than pathfinder?

Shore
Powermetal Child

Postby Shore » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:06 pm

I've been thinking about watching pathfinder for a while. has anyone seen it? It looks like it could be good but isn't, probably why i haven't seen it yet

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:47 pm

storr wrote:
OverlordofMetal wrote:Someone should make an awesome Viking movie! With a killer metal soundtrack to go with it!

i can agree with you there. are there any films about vikings out other than pathfinder?

The Vikings (1958) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052365/

The 13th Warrior (1999) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120657/

those two to start you off, and stay away from pathfinder, load of gash!
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson