movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Azrael~Azure
Consort of the Beast

Re: movies

Postby Azrael~Azure » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:15 pm

raremens wrote::D sounds pretty good, think i might wait a week untill i can download it.

If its anything like the last two then its deffenitly going to be good

I'd say it's probably worth the download. I'll have to check it out soon. I also read that an Ameircan film company wants to make their own versions of the Death Note series. :eyes: :| I really hate American versions of everything.
(Insanity) is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshipped. Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man.

raremens
Consort of the Beast

Postby raremens » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:22 pm

yeah i heard that too, means its gonna be awfull with some big hollywood actors playing the leads, even though they cant really act :evil: :evil:

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:19 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

dobbsey
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby dobbsey » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:43 pm

Alien Raiders - Just dont

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:58 pm

Dan Jenkins wrote:Hollywood needs to lay off the remakes and rehashes, they're total shit 90% of the time. I don't have high hopes for the Akira remake they're working on.

Don't forget the unnecessary sequels - especially those for films that really don't deserve a sequel.

...and the insistence that anything remotely successful has to become a trilogy, even though they've barely got enough ideas to scrape out one sequel.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

raremens
Consort of the Beast

Postby raremens » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:33 pm

Im not sure how they messed up the X-Men films(the amount of comics and storied going about, they had some awesome material to work with)
They were so awefull, most of the characters in the film were so far off the characters personalities in the comics.

Apart from xavier and logan, the rest of the film and characters were soo bad. Sucks as i am a huge comic geek when it comes to the x-men and they just ruined it :cry:

dobbsey
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby dobbsey » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:39 pm

Watchmen :)

just seen the second trailer
i really cant wait for this movie now

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:49 pm

Dan Jenkins wrote:Hollywood needs to lay off the remakes and rehashes, they're total shit 90% of the time. I don't have high hopes for the Akira remake they're working on.

they are remaking Akira and deathnote (which i didnt think worked that well as a film anyway) i think i have just died a little more inside
By this axe I rule

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:04 pm

raremens wrote:Im not sure how they messed up the X-Men films(the amount of comics and storied going about, they had some awesome material to work with)
They were so awefull, most of the characters in the film were so far off the characters personalities in the comics.

Apart from xavier and logan, the rest of the film and characters were soo bad. Sucks as i am a huge comic geek when it comes to the x-men and they just ruined it :cry:

I really liked the first two X-Men films but the third was a mess. That said, I`d agree that Cyclops was given a bum deal in all three. I`m not especially well read in X-Men comics to know how faithful it all was though.

I`ve just watched, and thoroughly enjoyed, In Bruges.

raremens
Consort of the Beast

Postby raremens » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:14 pm

They really messed up rogue, they made her look so weak and helpless. In the comics she has had her problems but been strong.
Mysteque, well not much character at all shown.

Hmm i think il stop there before i write a whole essay!!
I think im just too big of a comics geek to really enjoy the film version :lol:

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:07 pm

raremens wrote:Im not sure how they messed up the X-Men films(the amount of comics and storied going about, they had some awesome material to work with)

I'm hoping Marvel Apes will get the big screen treatment. If they made that Lancelot Link style with actual monkeys dressed as the various superheros, that would be a serious contender for the title of Best Film Ever.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:00 am

gumpy87 wrote:

they are remaking Akira and deathnote (which i didnt think worked that well as a film anyway) i think i have just died a little more inside

Hands up anybody who thinks that the Akira remake will still be set in Japan?
I honestly can't see how they will make it work.

markt91
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby markt91 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:30 pm

I watched 'The Big Lebowski' for the first time earlier, excellent film, i'm really into the Coen movies at the mo
Also watched 'Hot Fuzz' last night, brilliant stuff
:yes:

dobbsey
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby dobbsey » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:59 pm

markt91 wrote:I watched 'The Big Lebowski' for the first time earlier, excellent film, i'm really into the Coen movies at the mo
Also watched 'Hot Fuzz' last night, brilliant stuff
:yes:

The Big Lebowski is a utter classic :)

i bought it the other day for 1.99 after not seeing it for a few years, i think ive watched about 10 times this week

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:08 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.