movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Littlemissmetal » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:25 pm

Robin Hood doesn't look too bad.

Won't be bothering with Shrek. I love the first two, but really wasn't impressed with the third one, so will give that one a miss.

I'm looking forward to Clash of the Titans very muchly :)
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:01 pm

Shutter fucking Island. It looks amazing.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:15 pm

Littlemissmetal wrote:
I'm looking forward to Clash of the Titans very muchly :)

Saw the full trailer today in the cinema, it looks amazing on the big screen. It's a film that is made for sfx :yes:

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Actually, it looks like a film with a fairly good basis in greek mythology too, especially if it sticks to the original legend.

NightEyes
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby NightEyes » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Transformers : Err I can't remember much of the plot but Megan Fox looked hot. I was a massive fan of the Cartoon film, well I was 8 but this remake is super poor in Transforms design, plot and cast. 1/10

Pagan Knight
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Pagan Knight » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:32 pm

I saw Sherlock Holmes today & realy enjoyed it :D
p.s. I too saw the clip for Clash of the titans & am now very interested...
A Storms A-Brewing!
The Clan Destined , A Forest Of Stars , Wintersun , Tiamat , Moonspell , Wardruna , Pitchshifter , Anathema , Sòlstafir , Suicidal Tendencies , Moonsorrow , Winterfylleth , Baroness & FEN for Bloodstock Open Air ....

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Pagan Knight wrote:I saw Sherlock Holmes today & realy enjoyed it :D

I wanna see that, but REALLY want to see Where The Wild Things Are :D
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:29 am

MentalInfestation wrote:

It's alright. Great effects and seriously brilliant set design but quite slow moving and tries to be far deeper than necessary.

I really want to see the new Clash of the Titans. The trailer looks fantastic although I am slightly perturbed by the lack of Calibos. Hope he's in it more than the advert suggests.

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:47 am

Darkweasel wrote:
MentalInfestation wrote:

I really want to see the new Clash of the Titans. The trailer looks fantastic although I am slightly perturbed by the lack of Calibos. Hope he's in it more than the advert suggests.

Calibos' character isnt even listed in IMDB's character list, and hes not mentioned in wiki's premise either, but there are a few actors listed who havent been given character names as well on imdb. draw from that what you will.
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:35 am

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:Calibos' character isnt even listed in IMDB's character list, and hes not mentioned in wiki's premise either, but there are a few actors listed who havent been given character names as well on imdb. draw from that what you will.

Just been doing a bit of detective work and it seems Calibos isn't in it at all. :x
Apparently, because he wasn't a proper part of Greek mythology, they've left him out and replaced him with a character called Acrisius who is obviously different but possesses elements of Calibos.
Still, not happy though. Calibos was a major character in the original and was seriously scary when I was a kid. Bet they make Medusa talk next.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:26 am

Darkweasel wrote:
lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:Calibos' character isnt even listed in IMDB's character list, and hes not mentioned in wiki's premise either, but there are a few actors listed who havent been given character names as well on imdb. draw from that what you will.

Just been doing a bit of detective work and it seems Calibos isn't in it at all. :x
Apparently, because he wasn't a proper part of Greek mythology, they've left him out and replaced him with a character called Acrisius who is obviously different but possesses elements of Calibos.
Still, not happy though. Calibos was a major character in the original and was seriously scary when I was a kid. Bet they make Medusa talk next.

So they've taken a character that was made up out , and added one that is in real Greek mythology, that should make you happy, it's sticking more to history than fairy tale :yes:

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:58 am

Went to see 2012 last night, was really good if a bit lengthy. John Cusack is fast becoming one of my favourite actors.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:16 am

jackcake wrote:Went to see 2012 last night, was really good if a bit lengthy. John Cusack is fast becoming one of my favourite actors.

He's a brilliant actor, but i havn't enjoyed 1 of the directors movies, so i am not bothering with this one

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:48 am

Applecore wrote:
angel_of_death wrote:There are some films out on 3D blu-ray with the glasses I believe, I haven't had the chance to check one out yet though. I would like to.

Blu-Ray or Standard, it'll still be the Red/Green glasses which really do take from how watchable the films are. I tried to watch My Bloody Valentine in 3D with a mate and we got about 10 minutes in before giving up and flipping the disc over to 2D.
The problem is, TVs can't show Real-D 3D stuff because of the way it's projected in the cinemas (or something like that). So (as Darkweasel said) it'll be a long time before we can ever have Real-D at home, if ever.

Is it that bad? My mate was telling me how impressed he was with Coraline 3D on blu-ray, I`ve never actually watched a 3D film on TV. I saw Avatar last night and loved it. Sure the plot`s been done a thousand times before but it was all such fun and the visuals truly fantastic. It``s rare for me to find such a long film to whizz by so quickly.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:51 am

angel_of_death wrote:Andrew..

Tbh, things don't really jump out during Avatar. Not like most of the 3D movies this year when they use it ONLY to throw objects straight at you. Avatar is much more subtle and uses it to build an atmosphere and draw you into the experience. The Alien movies aren't hprror..more sci-fi action thrillers especially from Aliens onwards

I was about to say the same on both counts...the 3D in Avatar is not the same as those old 3D films where people deliberately walk towards the screen brandishing a big pointy stick. It would still work fine as a 2D film but the 3D experience is worth the extra 2 quid IMO.

I`d say the first Alien film is definately a horror flick but the second is just an all round action film...arguably the best action flick ever made.