movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Luke_X
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Luke_X » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:02 pm

Applecore wrote:
Flaming_Chaos wrote:i just watched 28 weeks later... fucking love it, god i hope danny boyle decides to make a sequel...

There's been talk of 28 Months Later, but I'm not sure if it'll happen. It'd be great if they did it and captured the same feel of Weeks and Days, but if not it'll be awful.. Bit of a gamble tbh.

pretty much that. i know Danny Boyle wants to make it but now he is pretty big in america after Slumdog its going ot be hard for him to have any real input on it. im hoping he will have at least have some control over the creativity direction and general story. but then again his rise in popularity could mean bigger bucks for the film although id rather have a low budget look like 28 Days.

i dont suppose anyone has watched Outpost. i re-watched it today and that film amazes me with the genious story and direction. i personally cant wait for the sequel and i hope they can find funding for it soon.

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Dan Jenkins wrote:28 Days and 28 Weeks were dead average for me, I never really understood the fuss. Some predictable scripting, ok character development and fairly poor acting. Throw in every zombie cliche without using the word zombie and somehow Danny Boyle made a benchmark film in the genre :?

its not really the scripting everyone made a fuss about. it was the way it was directed and presented. being one of the first to feature fast zombies instead of the traditional slow zombie. try and name a zombie film that hasnt used fast zombies since (with the exception of Diary Of The Dead and Survival Of The Dead). thats pretty much where the benchmark comes from.

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:41 pm

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:42 pm

The 28 films aren't zombie films! They're just infected with rage! Blargharghaaghh
I've had many arguments over that.
I can see what Dan's getting at though. If you compare them to zombie films then they're average at best. If you take them as either horror films or British films then they're both pretty fantastic (in my opinion anyway).

As for Outpost, I really didn't like it. I waited so long for something I liked to happen, but nope. I really wanted to like it, but found it to be one huge anticlimax :(

[Rec] is fantastic! The American remake, Quarantine, is watchable, but only if you want to see [Rec] and are too drunk/can't be bothered to read subtitles.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:51 pm

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:24 am

Darkweasel wrote:Avatar just got fucked at the Baftas.
:lol: :lol:

Not seen Avatar, It has some of the worst actors I have ever seen in it , havn't seen Hurt Locker either , may have to remedy that

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:33 am

That valentine's day film, is it just basically love actually with different characters?
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:50 am

Percy Jackson & the Olypians: The Lightning Thief.

I shall save you all from watching this and just describe it.

It was:

+ a bit of

with the advantages of the adult cast being fucking awesome... but under-used

+ Pierce Brosnan as a horse.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:08 pm

I liked Hercules :lol:

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Oh I love Hercules. One of the best Disney films. the greek myth jokes were just brilliant. But this new film is pretty much Hercules but with real people. Kid finds out he's son of one of the big three (Poseidon this time), goes to train up helped by wisecracking half-man half-goat, has crush on pretty brunette and they even go to the underworld and fight a Hydra at one point. It was almost the same film.

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Hercules is just pure win.

My particular favourite myth joke being

"For Pandora it was the box thing and the Trojans, hey, they bet on the wrong horse." :D
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:33 pm

My favourite I laughed at when I saw it in the cinema, I must've been like 8 or 9. and a massive geek. "and that play, that Oedipus thing?Man, I thought I had problems."

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Applecore wrote:The 28 films aren't zombie films! They're just infected with rage! Blargharghaaghh

If they're not zombies then why, in the second film, do two non-zombies manage to keep on attacking people, one with half his head/side missing and the other with nothing below the waist.
Looked pretty zombie-like to me.

Or at least like a badly thought out scene stuck in for a bit of shock value.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:18 pm

I just bought 9 on Blu Ray, that film was incredible in the cinema, i actually cared what happened to the characters, it was amazing :yes: