movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
clare-l
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby clare-l » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Cookie_ wrote:There are LOTS of films I haven't seen. I always surprise people when I say I haven't seen *so and so* ...A good example being Star Wars.

The only people in the universe who haven't seen Star Wars are the characters in Star Wars and that's because they lived them. They LIVED the Star Wars!

( :eyes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cZbw9aI8gI)

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 pm

clare-l wrote:
Cookie_ wrote:There are LOTS of films I haven't seen. I always surprise people when I say I haven't seen *so and so* ...A good example being Star Wars.

The only people in the universe who haven't seen Star Wars are the characters in Star Wars and that's because they lived them. They LIVED the Star Wars!

( :eyes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cZbw9aI8gI)

I fucking love HIMYM.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Flaming_Chaos
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Flaming_Chaos » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:59 pm

i actually quite enjoyed hancock, i've heard from many people its crap but i liked it... its wierd, but fun.
Check out my solo music page: http://www.myspace.com/preachersofodiummusic
AGALLOCH FOR BOA '11!
NOVEMBRE FOR BOA '11!
KATATONIA FOR BOA '11!
SOILWORK FOR BOA '11!

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:33 pm

Flaming_Chaos wrote:i actually quite enjoyed hancock, i've heard from many people its crap but i liked it... its wierd, but fun.

i only had 2 problems with it. 1) its a superhero movie and there is no villain. and the one villain he comes across he just cuts his hand off. so i would have liked an overall villain for the entire film.

2) the film felt like it only had half a story. considering its over 2 hours long, i was expecting a more all round story, as in a beginning middle and end. i think this is due to their being no real plot development apart from he goes from being a hated superhero to a semi liked superhero. there could have been a lot more done about his history with Charlize Theron (i think i spelled her name right).

but from i have heard about Hancock 2, both these issues will be fixed as well as another 'god' appearing. my guess would be to piss Hancock off but it could be about something else like repairing his memory and talking about the other 'gods' and if they are alive or not.

Flaming_Chaos

Postby Flaming_Chaos » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Luke_X wrote:
Flaming_Chaos wrote:i actually quite enjoyed hancock, i've heard from many people its crap but i liked it... its wierd, but fun.

i only had 2 problems with it. 1) its a superhero movie and there is no villain. and the one villain he comes across he just cuts his hand off. so i would have liked an overall villain for the entire film.
2) the film felt like it only had half a story. considering its over 2 hours long, i was expecting a more all round story, as in a beginning middle and end. i think this is due to their being no real plot development apart from he goes from being a hated superhero to a semi liked superhero. there could have been a lot more done about his history with Charlize Theron (i think i spelled her name right).

but from i have heard about Hancock 2, both these issues will be fixed as well as another 'god' appearing. my guess would be to piss Hancock off but it could be about something else like repairing his memory and talking about the other 'gods' and if they are alive or not.

hmmm, sounds like it has potential... we shall have to see how it plays out
AGALLOCH FOR BOA '11!
NOVEMBRE FOR BOA '11!
KATATONIA FOR BOA '11!
SOILWORK FOR BOA '11!

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:38 pm

this is pretty much all the information being given at the moment.

In August 2009, Columbia Pictures hired screenwriters Adam Fierro and Glen Mazzara to write the sequel, and the studio plans to bring back the producing team from the original film. Charlize Theron confirmed that she would reprise her role, and Berg said to expect a third actor to star as another god with powers like Smith's and Theron's characters.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Anyone else been following the stuff on Toy Story 3? The peas in the pod are SO CUTE. I need a cuddly one of those now.

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:02 pm

:D AWWWW!
ImageImageImage

Flaming_Chaos

Postby Flaming_Chaos » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Cookie_ wrote:Image
:D AWWWW!

:o WANT! WANT NOW!
AGALLOCH FOR BOA '11!
NOVEMBRE FOR BOA '11!
KATATONIA FOR BOA '11!
SOILWORK FOR BOA '11!

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Who wouldn't? :D
ImageImageImage

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Read Empire's review of Kick-Ass today, now I REALLY want to see it.

Also, pre-ordered Zombieland! That'll be my one dvd of the month.. fucking low pay cheque :(
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Shall be watching Harry Brown later. Woop.

Flaming_Chaos

Postby Flaming_Chaos » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Applecore wrote:Read Empire's review of Kick-Ass today, now I REALLY want to see it.

Also, pre-ordered Zombieland! That'll be my one dvd of the month.. fucking low pay cheque :(

zombieland is an awesome film so i think its worth it
AGALLOCH FOR BOA '11!
NOVEMBRE FOR BOA '11!
KATATONIA FOR BOA '11!
SOILWORK FOR BOA '11!

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:47 pm

Flaming_Chaos wrote:
Applecore wrote:Read Empire's review of Kick-Ass today, now I REALLY want to see it.

zombieland is an awesome film so i think its worth it

Oh yeah definitely worth it. One of my favourites of '09.
I'm just pissed off that my job only paid me £170 this month, as it severely restricts what I can do and what DVDs I can buy. I'm sick of not earning a fixed amount monthly, thanks to flexi-shifts and rotas - plus I'm only contracted to £120/month, which is fucking cock for a 21yr old.
Anyway, this isn't the WPYOT thread, and I've already ranted about this in there. So..
Can't wait for Zombieland! Shame I have to wait at least 3 weeks for the fucking dvd though. But at least I know it's ordered :D
Also on their way to me are Scott Pilgrim volumes 2 and 3, which are being made into a movie by Edgar Wright! Hell feckin' yeah.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:17 pm

I've just been blackmailed into watching Aliens by Bryan. He'd better not cry now.
ImageImageImage