movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
someone else
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby someone else » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:34 am

Just watched Evilution on one of the naff horror channels. Cheap and cheerfull zombie flick, but a damn sight more entertaining than Soloman Kane, and Ricky Warwick from the Almighty turns up as a rocker turned zombie.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:21 pm

just watched Starship Troopers and Starship Troopers 3 (im gonna ignore #2). while #3 was fun to watch and the acting was pretty good, its still got nothing on the first one.

necrochrist
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby necrochrist » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:27 pm

anyone seen Boondock Saints 2?? duno whether to risk it, the first one was soooo sick but dont want the second one to ruin it
x

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:12 pm

Alice in Wonderland was decent. Depp pretty much carried the film for me, although Alice was pretty good too after the first hour or so. Bonham-carter can fuck off as the queen of hearts, she basically ripped off the queen from Blackadder but did it really poorly. Other than that there aren't really characters, just lots of famous people talking.

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:14 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Alice in Wonderland was decent. Depp pretty much carried the film for me, although Alice was pretty good too after the first hour or so. Bonham-carter can fuck off as the queen of hearts, she basically ripped off the queen from Blackadder but did it really poorly. Other than that there aren't really characters, just lots of famous people talking.

I'm getting slightly bored of the -Tim Burton-Johnny Depp-Helena Bonham-Carter- combo now :( GO back to the days of Nightmare Before Christmas and Beetlejuice! They were masterpieces!
ImageImageImage

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Cookie_ wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:Alice in Wonderland was decent. Depp pretty much carried the film for me, although Alice was pretty good too after the first hour or so. Bonham-carter can fuck off as the queen of hearts, she basically ripped off the queen from Blackadder but did it really poorly. Other than that there aren't really characters, just lots of famous people talking.

I'm getting slightly bored of the -Tim Burton-Johnny Depp-Helena Bonham-Carter- combo now :( GO back to the days of Nightmare Before Christmas and Beetlejuice! They were masterpieces!

He's not going to say no to Helena, she's probably litteraly got him by the balls as we speak. Depp is actually decent, but yeah I'm pretty bored of it too.

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:42 pm

By this axe I rule

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:03 pm

I watched Alice in Wonderland today, I thought it was a very pretty film (In a way it was a shame it was in 3D as the backgrounds were very pretty).

I thought it was a good film all in, it took a bit of time to actually get into wonderland (stupid character development :P ).

My only complaint was that it was not as 'Burton' as I'd hoped. Edit actually another complaint was that there was not enough Alan Rickman.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:29 pm

i was sitting here thinking how stupid do americans have to be for Batman to label his ladder 'bat-ladder'. im so glad Batman is english now.

then i was pissing myself when the shark appeared. lol shark repellent spray (although why would you need whale repellent spray?). the sad thing is, the Adam West era Batman was the most true to the comics. just shows you what a lack of immagination people had.

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Luke_X wrote:

i was sitting here thinking how stupid do americans have to be for Batman to label his ladder 'bat-ladder'. im so glad Batman is english now.

then i was pissing myself when the shark appeared. lol shark repellent spray (although why would you need whale repellent spray?). the sad thing is, the Adam West era Batman was the most true to the comics. just shows you what a lack of immagination people had.

Batman is English?

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:39 pm

Watching the Matrix on ITV2 atm. Just had one of my favourite scenes from any film ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sZAv71ENnY

Seen the film a bazillion times though. Think I'll migrate to BBC2 and watch Louis Theroux.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:40 pm

angel_of_death wrote:Batman is English?

Batman isn't but Christian Bale certainly is.

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Darkweasel wrote:

Last time I checked Pembroke was in Wales.... :P

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Cookie_ wrote:I'm getting slightly bored of the -Tim Burton-Johnny Depp-Helena Bonham-Carter- combo now :( GO back to the days of Nightmare Before Christmas and Beetlejuice! They were masterpieces!

I agree it does look silly how every Tim Burton film now seems to have them two in it. Though I can't complain cos I still think Depp is brilliant, I can't see many actors being able to play Burtons kooky characters that well. Bonham-carter I'm not too fussed about.

I'm going to see Alice in Wonderland at the IMAX in 3D next week woo!

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:52 pm

angel_of_death wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:

Last time I checked Pembroke was in Wales.... :P

Raised in England.
And er... Portugal.

Besides, Wales isn't a proper country anyway.