movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Luke_X
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Luke_X » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:58 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
angel_of_death wrote:Batman is English?

Batman isn't but Christian Bale certainly is.

thats what i was referring to. everyone that has played Batman before was american

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:33 am

I watched Kill Bill tonight (haven't seen it in a few years) forgot how much I like it, I love the music in it too.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:07 am

Lick Mars wrote:
Cookie_ wrote:I'm getting slightly bored of the -Tim Burton-Johnny Depp-Helena Bonham-Carter- combo now :( GO back to the days of Nightmare Before Christmas and Beetlejuice! They were masterpieces!

I agree it does look silly how every Tim Burton film now seems to have them two in it. Though I can't complain cos I still think Depp is brilliant, I can't see many actors being able to play Burtons kooky characters that well. Bonham-carter I'm not too fussed about.

I'm going to see Alice in Wonderland at the IMAX in 3D next week woo!

Am I able to see it -not- in 3D?
I'm not able to see in 3D; my eyes don't work that way unfortunately :(
ImageImageImage

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:34 am

Cookie_ wrote:Am I able to see it -not- in 3D? I'm not able to see in 3D; my eyes don't work that way unfortunately :(

Yeah I think my local cinema has it in both. Some places don't do 3D altogether so they usually have 2D option :-)

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:44 am

Lick Mars wrote:
Cookie_ wrote:Am I able to see it -not- in 3D? I'm not able to see in 3D; my eyes don't work that way unfortunately :(

Yeah I think my local cinema has it in both. Some places don't do 3D altogether so they usually have 2D option :-)

I just hope 3D movies don't start monopolising cinemas like they're threatening to at the moment. Sure, they look pretty and everything but it costs nearly half as much again as a normal ticket to watch the damn things. I only went to see avatar because one of my mates works at our local cinema and got me in for free.

einherjer
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby einherjer » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:51 am

Besides, Wales isn't a proper country anyway.[/quote]

Do you really wanna start a nationalist debate :lol:

And you with a scouser flag. A part of England most English people would cut adrfit long before Wales if truth be told.

Anyway back on topic I finally saw Pandorum the other day. Gotta be honest I was not that impressed. Passed a few hours away.
It's always darkest before it goes completely black.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:57 am

I'm not really a fan of 3D to be honest. It seems ashame to have advanced high definition technology which is then blurred in the background.

Seemed more like a layered 2D affect rather than 3D, maybe I'm too fussy.

The cynical cow in me can't help but think 3D is a swizzle, it's just a way to make pirating harder. Chris paid over £25 for our tickets yesterday, if you look at the right time you can usually get 2 Blurays for that price. (or a chart Bluray and some wine and sweets).
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:03 pm

einherjer wrote:

And you with a scouser flag. A part of England most English people would cut adrfit long before Wales if truth be told.

Anyway back on topic I finally saw Pandorum the other day. Gotta be honest I was not that impressed. Passed a few hours away.

No nationalist debate here. Just a comment designed purely for laughs and welsh-baiting.
Also, I'm not actually a scouser. I just have a long and dull story which I shan't bother boring you with as to why I support the team. :D

I quite liked Pandorum. Aliens meets The Abyss plus some Dennis Quaid thrown in for good measure. Enjoyable stuff.

einherjer
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby einherjer » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
einherjer wrote:

No nationalist debate here. Just a comment designed purely for laughs and welsh-baiting.
Also, I'm not actually a scouser. I just have a long and dull story which I shan't bother boring you with as to why I support the team. :D

I quite liked Pandorum. Aliens meets The Abyss plus some Dennis Quaid thrown in for good measure. Enjoyable stuff.

I too was just joking as I support Liverpool too.
It's always darkest before it goes completely black.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:21 pm

einherjer wrote:I too was just joking as I support Liverpool too.

Good taste. :D
Shit season. :(

foxi
Leather Rebel

Postby foxi » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Saw Solomon Kane last night. It's quite good.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:40 pm

foxi wrote:Saw Solomon Kane last night. It's quite good.

I haven't seen it myself but you're the first person I've seen who seems to have anything positive to say about it.

foxi
Leather Rebel

Postby foxi » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:11 pm

It's not too bad. The main actor's southern-english accent disapears every now and again, and it doesn't look like it's been made with the biggest graphics budget, but for a night-out in the cinema it's alright.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Luke_X wrote:just watched Starship Troopers and Starship Troopers 3 (im gonna ignore #2). while #3 was fun to watch and the acting was pretty good, its still got nothing on the first one.

I hated Starship Troopers 3 so much that my eyes bled. 2 was actually quite watchable, but still nothing on the original.

Luke_X wrote:

i was sitting here thinking how stupid do americans have to be for Batman to label his ladder 'bat-ladder'. im so glad Batman is english now.

then i was pissing myself when the shark appeared. lol shark repellent spray (although why would you need whale repellent spray?). the sad thing is, the Adam West era Batman was the most true to the comics. just shows you what a lack of immagination people had.

I like the Adam West Batman. Not because it's gripping and intense like The Dark Knight (hands down my favourite Batman film so far), but because it doesn't take itself seriously. It's stupid and it knows it.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Applecore wrote:
Luke_X wrote:just watched Starship Troopers and Starship Troopers 3 (im gonna ignore #2). while #3 was fun to watch and the acting was pretty good, its still got nothing on the first one.

I hated Starship Troopers 3 so much that my eyes bled. 2 was actually quite watchable, but still nothing on the original.

Other way round for me. 2 was one of the worst films I've ever seen.