movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2887
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:32 pm
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby angel_of_death » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:47 am

I need to see Ong Bak 2. Don't know why they called it that though as as far as I can tell it has nothing in common with the first one.
Image

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:33 pm

angel_of_death wrote:I need to see Ong Bak 2. Don't know why they called it that though as as far as I can tell it has nothing in common with the first one.

Yeah apparently it doesn't. Probably just trying to catch peoples' attention who liked the first one but know nothing of Tony Jaa.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: movies

Postby Ensorcelled » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Watched Zombieland last night. It was fucking ace. I need to see more Woody Harrelson films.

*reacquires Natural Born Killers*
Image

User avatar
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon
Posts: 7063
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: movies

Postby Littlemissmetal » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I watched The Crow today, man I love that film , so much so I bought all 4 movies for less than a tenner today through Playtrader :yes:

Send Wicked Prayer back.
you'll have even more value for money that way.


I'd send Salvation back too, it's awful :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.



Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

strangeasangels
Denim Demon
Posts: 3798
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:19 pm
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby strangeasangels » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:29 pm

The original The Crow is the only one worthy of your time. The rest are just shit rehashes.

User avatar
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon
Posts: 15428
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Fincham
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:58 pm

At £2 each i am not too fussed tbh :lol:

User avatar
Darkweasel
Denim Demon
Posts: 14551
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:11 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:At £2 each i am not too fussed tbh :lol:

It's not the money, more the time you'll spend watching them that you can't ever get back.
Image

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Turbo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:48 pm

I bought a Quentin Tarantino box set for a cool £15. Got everything bar Inglorious Basterds which I have on DVD anyway. We've watched Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown out of this box set and Night At The Museum with Ben Stiller - which is quite an enjoyable film.

User avatar
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: movies

Postby Ensorcelled » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Turbo wrote:I bought a Quentin Tarantino box set for a cool £15. Got everything bar Inglorious Basterds which I have on DVD anyway. We've watched Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown out of this box set and Night At The Museum with Ben Stiller - which is quite an enjoyable film.
Be sure to get True Romance at some point. :yes: Even if Tarantino only wrote it, I regard it as his best film.
Image

User avatar
OneManArmy
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby OneManArmy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:56 pm

This weekend i've watched The Truman Show, Bruce Almighty, Stardust and currently watching Dragonheart at the moment.
Transilvanian Hangover

User avatar
isabiggles
Denim Demon
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: movies

Postby isabiggles » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:02 pm

Watched role models again.

:(

I want to play Laire so much.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Turbo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:
Turbo wrote:I bought a Quentin Tarantino box set for a cool £15. Got everything bar Inglorious Basterds which I have on DVD anyway. We've watched Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown out of this box set and Night At The Museum with Ben Stiller - which is quite an enjoyable film.
Be sure to get True Romance at some point. :yes: Even if Tarantino only wrote it, I regard it as his best film.



Ill keep an eye open for it. Cheers. :yes:

User avatar
Darkweasel
Denim Demon
Posts: 14551
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:
Turbo wrote:I bought a Quentin Tarantino box set for a cool £15. Got everything bar Inglorious Basterds which I have on DVD anyway. We've watched Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown out of this box set and Night At The Museum with Ben Stiller - which is quite an enjoyable film.
Be sure to get True Romance at some point. :yes: Even if Tarantino only wrote it, I regard it as his best film.

The Hopper/Walken scene. :o
Image

User avatar
Luke_X
Denim Demon
Posts: 4069
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: movies

Postby Luke_X » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:Be sure to watch Pulp Fiction at some point. I regard it as his best film.


FYP :D

out of all Tarrantino's films, Jackie Brown was the only one i thought was the least brilliant.

User avatar
Darkweasel
Denim Demon
Posts: 14551
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Luke_X wrote:out of all Tarrantino's films, Jackie Brown was the only one i thought was the least brilliant.

Jackie Brown was the sound of Tarantino falling on his arse as he tried to live up to the hype of Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.
Dull, cliched and horribly overwritten, the excellent last twenty minutes almost saved it.
But they didn't.
Image