movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:09 pm

bloodfiend wrote:GUINEA PIG FLOWER OF FLESH AND BLOOD

Crazed Japanese guy in Samuri outfit drugs a woman ties her to a bed then spends 45 minute chopping her hands and legs off, cutting our her eyeballs, pulling her internal organs out then decapitating her. The End.

Apparently this was shocking 25 years ago, it's just shit now.

1/10

Isn't that the one someone called the FBI about because they were certain it was snuff?
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Joss Whedon is going to direct The Avengers. nerdsquee time.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:23 pm

clare-l wrote:Joss Whedon is going to direct The Avengers. nerdsquee time.

the one thing thats got me pissed off is that Chris Evans who plays the Human Torch from Fantastic Four is going to be Captain America......why? cant they find anyone else to play him? this is worse then having Ryan Reynolds playing both Deadpool and The Green Lantern and both films are getting released the same year. is the acting pool that dry for super heroes.

although on a good note, The Hulk has been confirmed to be in The Avengers. hopefully it will be the Edward Norton version. so that means that Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Nick Fury and Iron Man will all be in The Avengers film. if the Hulk is going to be in it, then we can also assume that Betty Ross and General Ross will also be in it as Nick Fury talks to General Ross at the end of Incredible Hulk. i wonder if Giant Man, Wasp, Black Panther, Wolverine or Storm will be present in the film.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Going to watch zeitgeist 2.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:20 am

Watched Iron Man last night, and was pretty ace.

Enjoyed it muchly thanks for the responses when I asked about it the other day :yes:

Will watch sequel at cinema now
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:51 am

watched kick ass a couple of days ago, its a film that is very easy to enjoy
By this axe I rule

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:22 am

Luke_X wrote:

the one thing thats got me pissed off is that Chris Evans who plays the Human Torch from Fantastic Four is going to be Captain America......why? cant they find anyone else to play him? this is worse then having Ryan Reynolds playing both Deadpool and The Green Lantern and both films are getting released the same year. is the acting pool that dry for super heroes.

although on a good note, The Hulk has been confirmed to be in The Avengers. hopefully it will be the Edward Norton version. so that means that Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Nick Fury and Iron Man will all be in The Avengers film. if the Hulk is going to be in it, then we can also assume that Betty Ross and General Ross will also be in it as Nick Fury talks to General Ross at the end of Incredible Hulk. i wonder if Giant Man, Wasp, Black Panther, Wolverine or Storm will be present in the film.

Agreed - there's plenty of others to play different characters. I also hate the massacre they did to Deadpool in the Wolverine film, the bastards.

I'd be happy to see Hugh Jackman reprise Wolverine and not in that shitty Wolverine prequel, always my favourite of the X-Men and I loved Jackman's version of him.

I'm assuming it's one of Samuel L Jackson's 9 movies as Nick Fury contract, so yay. there's been rumours of Hawkeye and Wasp appearing, so fingers crossed. I love Hawkeye.

GetToTheChoppar
Denim Demon

Postby GetToTheChoppar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:31 am

Watched good ol' Predator last night. <3
Turbo wrote:Move on, fuck her off. Smoke crack and worship satan.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:52 am

clare-l wrote:
Luke_X wrote:

Agreed - there's plenty of others to play different characters. I also hate the massacre they did to Deadpool in the Wolverine film, the bastards.

I'd be happy to see Hugh Jackman reprise Wolverine and not in that shitty Wolverine prequel, always my favourite of the X-Men and I loved Jackman's version of him.

I'm assuming it's one of Samuel L Jackson's 9 movies as Nick Fury contract, so yay. there's been rumours of Hawkeye and Wasp appearing, so fingers crossed. I love Hawkeye.

well hes done about half of the 9 movie deal, this includes Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers. the last are possibly either a Nick Fury/S.H.I.E.L.D. film (which i reckon is a good possibility of happening) or cameos in any of the other superheroes films to set up the Avengers.

hopefully Jackman has learnt his lesson from the first Wolverine prequel and the next one will make an improvement on the character and special effects. it should be a lot darker in tone as we are now seeing him more aggressive and angry. fingers crossed it will be an 18 rather then some kiddy film.

logandog1
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby logandog1 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Watched 'sex lives of the potato men' again last night.

Best film i've seen in ages.
Laughed so much it hurt
Mary had a little lamb its fleece was coloured red
The reason for the colouring was the axe stuck in its head

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:39 pm

Applecore wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:GUINEA PIG FLOWER OF FLESH AND BLOOD

Crazed Japanese guy in Samuri outfit drugs a woman ties her to a bed then spends 45 minute chopping her hands and legs off, cutting our her eyeballs, pulling her internal organs out then decapitating her. The End.

Apparently this was shocking 25 years ago, it's just shit now.

1/10

Isn't that the one someone called the FBI about because they were certain it was snuff?

Yes indeed, Charlie Sheen in fact reported it to the FBI cos he was sure it was a snuff movie.

Charlie Sheen is clearly mentally afflicted then, cos this has some of the crappest and cheapest effects I've seen in my life - I could make something more realistic looking with a jar of raspberry jam and a crash test dummie. The director must have been overjoyed of all the attention it got cos of the FBI case, makes it sound oh so controversial and shocking, when in reality Care Bears The Movie is probably more shocking than this.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:43 pm

gumpy87 wrote:watched kick ass a couple of days ago, its a film that is very easy to enjoy

I just got back from seeing it, I didn't :|

saying that i was more annoyed by the 2 little girls behind me giggling and chatting all the way through the film , they were obvioulsy not 15 why do they get allowed in to see certain films :x

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:47 am

Watched The Wizard of Gore recently.
One of the few films I've seen that I'd say is worse than Plan 9 From Outer Space.
Just an awful, awful film. Hilariously bad, of course.

Now keeping it true to bad films, I'm watching Knowing.
+10 to whoever posts the picture.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:09 am

Going to watch Repo Men tonight, getting really bad write ups, but it looks like an all out bloke movie , so should be worth 90 minutes of my time

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:44 am

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:it looks like an all out remake of Repo! The Genetic Opera with a highe budget, no songs and doesn't even credit the source material

FYP.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock